- Volume 30 Issue 2
Development of Advanced Wastewater Treatment System using Phototrophic Purple Non-sulfur Bacteria.
광합성 박테리아를 이용한 폐수의 고도처리시스템개발
- Lee, Sang-Sub (Department of Biology, Kyonggi University) ;
- Joo, Hyun-Jong (Department of Environmental Engineering, Kyonggi University) ;
- Lee, Seok-Chan (Department of Genetic Engineering, Sung Kyun Kwan University) ;
- Jang, Man (Korea Ocean Research and Development Institute) ;
- Lee, Taek-Gyeon (Korea Ocean Research and Development Institute) ;
- Sim, Ho-Jae (Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Shin, Eung-Bae (Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering, Hanyang University)
- 이상섭 (경기대학교 생물학과) ;
- 주현종 (경기대학교 환경공학과) ;
- 이석찬 (성균관대학교 유전공학과) ;
- 장만 (한국해양연구원) ;
- 이택견 (한국해양연구원) ;
- 심호재 (한양대학교 토목 환경공학과) ;
- 신응배 (한양대학교 토목 환경공학과)
- Published : 2002.06.01
Twenty nine strains of photosynthetic purple nonsulfur bacteria were isolated from Kyonggi area in Korea. The isolated strains were identified as Rhodopseudomonas blastica, Rhodocyclus gelatinosus, Rhodocyclus tenuis, and Rhodopseudomonas rutila. The enhanced nutrients removal system for wastewater using phototrophic purple non-sulfur bacteria was developed. Experiments were performed into two Phases and the results were compared: the synthetic wastewater was tested for the removal efficiency of nutrients and organics during Phase 1 and the real wastewater during Phase2. Results showed that 97∼99％ of organics were removed during Phase 1 and 96∼99％ during Phase 2. Nutrients (nitrogen and phosphorus) were also removed efficiently: 85∼91％ removal of T-N and 78∼92％ removal of T-P were achieved for Phase 1, and 76∼89％ removal of T-N and 73∼88％ removal of T-P for Phase 2.
Nutrients removal;wastewater;photosynthetic bacteria
- Arch. Microbiol. v.141 Membrane adhesion in photosynthetic bacterial membranes. Light harvesting complex 1(LHI) appears to be the main adhesion factor Varga, A. R.;L. A. Stehelin https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00428839
- Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater, 19th ed. Eaton, A. D.;L. S. Clesceri;A. E. Greenberg
- Bergey's Manual of Systematic Bacteriology, volume Pfennig, N.;H. G. Truper
- Arch. Microbiol. v.145 Noncyclic electron transport in chromatophores from photolithotrophically grown Rhodobacter sulfidophilus Brune, D. C.;H. G. Truper https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00443662
- Arch. Microbiol. v.96 The protein patterns of intracytoplasmic membranes and reaction center particles isolated from Rhodopseudomonas capsulata Nieth, K. F.;G. Drews https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00590173
- Zentralblatt. v.123 Das in-vivo-spectrum als tax-anomisches Mekmal bei Unter- suchungen zur Verbreitung von Athiorhodaceae Biebl, H.;G. Drews
- Chemistry and Biology v.8 Treatment and remediation of waste solution by photosynthetic bacteria Kobayashi, M.
- Solar Energy v.24 Photobiological production of hydrogen Weaver, P. F.;S. Lien;M. Seibert https://doi.org/10.1016/0038-092X(80)90018-3
- Appl. Environ. Microbiol. v.35 Phototrophic purple and green bacteria in a sewage treatment plant Siefert, E.;R. L. Irgens;N. Pfennig
- J. Agric. Food Chem. v.34 Contribution to nitrogen fixation and chloroacetanilide herbicides: Distributed anilines and nitrosobenzenes as mammalian metabolites and bacterial mutagens Kobayashi, M.;M. Z. Hague https://doi.org/10.1021/jf00068a002
- Wat. Res. v.7 Treatment of induxtrial waste solutions and production of useful by-products using a photosynthetic bacterial method Kobayashi, M.;Y. T. Tchan https://doi.org/10.1016/0043-1354(73)90075-4
- Bacteriol. Rev. v.8 Culture, general physiology, morphology and classification of the nonsulfur purple and brown bacteria van Niel, C. B.
- Int. J. Syst. Bacteriol v.21 no.3 Deoxyribonucleic acid base compositions of phototrophic bacteria Mandel, M.;E. R. Leadbetter;N. Pfennig;H. G. Truper https://doi.org/10.1099/00207713-21-3-222
- Prog. Water Tech. v.11 Treatment and reuse of industrial waste water by phototrophic bacteria Kobayashi, M.;K. Fujii;I. Shimamoto;T. Maki
- J.Mol.Biol. v.3 A procedure for the isolation of deoxyribonucleic acid from microorganisms Marmur, J. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-2836(61)80047-8
- Arch. Microbiol. v.24 L-methionine-SR-sulfoximine as a probe for the role of glutamine synthetase in nitrogenase switch-off by ammonia and glutamine in Rhodopseudomonas palustris Arp, D. J.;W. G. Zumpt
- J. Bacteriol. v.99 Rhodoseudomonas acidophila, sp. n., a new species of the budding purple nonsulfur bacteria Pfennig, N.
- Mikrobiologie v.49 Nitrogenase and hydrogenase activity of the members of the nonsulfur purple bacteria Rhodopseudomonas sphaeroides and Rhodopseudomonas capsulata Serebrayakova, L.;T. E. A. Teslya;I. N. Gogotov;E. N. Kontrateva
- Deutsche Sammlung von Mikroorganismen Claus, D.;P. Lack;B. Neu
- Arch. Microbiol. v.3 Onthe morphology and physiology of the purple and green sulphur bacteria van Niel, C. B.