- Volume 30 Issue 2
Isolation and Identification of Lactic Acid Bacteria Inhibiting Gastro-intestinal Pathogenic Bacteria of Domestic Animal.
가축 소화기 병원성 세균을 저해하는 유산균의 분리 및 동정
- Lee, Jae-Yeon (Biotopia Co.) ;
- Hwang, Kyo-Yeol (Biotopia Co.) ;
- Kim, Hyun-Soo (Biotopia Co.) ;
- Kim, Geun (Department of Genetic Engineering,The University of Suwon) ;
- Sung, Soo-Il (Department of Biology,The University of Suwon)
- 이재연 ((주)바이오토피아) ;
- 황교열 ((주)바이오토피아) ;
- 김현수 ((주)바이오토피아) ;
- 김근 (수원대학교 유전공학과) ;
- 성수일 (수원대학교 생물학과)
- Published : 2002.06.01
To isolate probiotic lactic acid bacteria having superior inhibitory activities against animal gastro-intestinal pathogenic bacteria such as Salmonella gallinarum, Staphylococcus aureus and Escherichia coli, 130 strains were initially isolated from the small intestines of Korean native chickens and 7 lactic acid bacteria were finally selected. By using API CHL kit and 16S rRNA sequencing method, the selected lactic acid bacteria were found to be belonged to genus Lactobacillus except BD14 identified as Pediococcus pentosaceus. Especially, Lactobacillus pentosus K34 showed the highest resistancy to both of HCl and bile salt, as well as the highest inhibitory activities against S. gallinarum, S. aureus and E. coli. All the selected strains were sensitive to various antibiotics such as neomycin, erythromycin, cephalosporin, amoxicillin/clavulanic acid, ampicillin, oxytetracycline, but resistant to ciprofloxacin. All the selected strains except BL strain were resistant to colistin and streptomycin, and BD14, BD16, K34 strains were resistant to gentamicin.
Gastrointestinal pathogenic bacteria;inhibition;isolation and identification;lactic acid bacteria
- Selection of strains for probiotic use The scientific basis Havenaar, R.;B. T. Brink;J. H. J. I. Veid;R. Fuller(ed.)
- Can. J. Comp. Med. v.47 Neonatal diarrhea of pig in Quebec : infectious causes of significant outbreaks Morin, M.;D. Turgeon;J. Jolette;Y. Robinson;J. B. Phaneuf;M. Sauvageau;E. Teuscher;R. Higgins;S. Larivi'ere
- Compendium of methods for the microbiological examination of foods, 3th ed. Vanderzant, C.;D. F. Splittstoesser
- Human Intestinal Microflora in Health and Disease Effect of dietary and environmental stress on the gastrointestinal microbiota Tannock, G. W.;D. J. Hentges(ed.)
- Kor. J. Appl. Microbiol. Biotechnol v.28 Isolation and characterization of Lactobacillus fermentum YL-3 as poultry probiotics Cho, M. K.;K. Kim;C. H. Kim;T. K. Lee;K. Y. Kim
- Diseases of poultry Fowl typhoid Pomeroy, B. S.;K. V. Nagaraja;B. W. Calnek(eds.);H. J. Barnes(eds.);C. W. Beard(eds.);W. M. Reid(eds.);H. W. Yoder(eds.)
- Br. Vet. J. v.143 Efficacy and financial value of antibiotictreatment of bovine clinical mastitis during lactation-a Review Craven, N. https://doi.org/10.1016/0007-1935(87)90018-2
- Preweaning colibacillosis In APSA Comittee(ed.), Manipulating pig production Fahy, V. A.;D. Connaughton;S. J. Dresen;E. M. Spicer
- Kor. J. Appl. Microbiol. Biotechnol. v.28 Prevalence of anti-biotic-resistant strains among bacteria isolated from bovine mastitis, swine diarrhea, and swine pneumonia Park, J. C.;I. S. Kim;S. K. Kwon;J. M. Noh;S. M. Lee;J. P. Park;W. K. Lee;S. R. Ryu
- J. Nutr. v.130 Considerations for use of probiotic bacteria to modulate human health Sanders, M. E.
- ASM News v.66 Antibiotics as growth promoters : Risks and alternatives Dixon, B.
- J. Nutr. v.130 The role of probiotic cultures in the control of gastrointestinal health Rolfe, R. D.
- Microbiology v.147 Characterization of lactobacilli from Scotch malt whisky distilleries and description of Lactobacillus ferintoshensis sp. nov., a new species isolated from malt whisky fermentations Simpson K. L.;B. Pettersson;F. G. Priest https://doi.org/10.1099/00221287-147-4-1007
- Probiotics : The scientific basis Probiotics for ruminants Wallace, R. J.;C. J. Newbold;R. Fuller(ed.)