- Volume 6 Issue 5
Long-rails in railways and high-speed railway are subjected to additional stresses resulted from the displacements inconsistence between upper structures, and this phenomenon is more remarkable in continuous bridges than in simple bridges. For the sake of safety, railways have to guarantee trains to stop safely without derailment even in the event of earthquake. The influences of acceleration, braking, and temperature were analyzed by static nonlinear method. But earthquake loads that require dynamic nonlinear analysis are not considered in these methods. Because linear relation between relative displacements of decks and rail stresses is not guaranteed at the nonlinear systems such as long rails on the bridges, it is required compute to rail stresses considering both braking and earthquake load by nonlinear dynamic analysis method. In this study, dynamic analysis method with material non-linearity for rails on continuous bridges according to the Taiwan High Speed Railway(THSR) Design Specification volume 9 was developed. And additional stresses and displacements of long rails for acceleration, braking, and earthquake loads were analyzed by this method.
rail stress;THSR;continuous bridge;earthquake;nonlinear analysis
- Structural Dynamics by Finite Elements, Prentice Hall, Weaver & Johnston, 1987.
- 김용길, “대만 고속전철 단순교의 레일-구조물 상호작용 해석”, 한국산업안전학회논문집, 제16권, 제2호, 2001.
- 한국고속철도공단 홈페이지, http://www.ktx.or.kr/kor/introduce/if_i1.html.
- 日本八天代엔지니어링, “Nojang-I 橋梁 노선레일 軸方向 응력檢討”, 연구보고서, 日本八天代엔지니어링, 1992, pp. 102.
- 고속전철사업기회단, 고속철도 콘크리트구조물(RC 및 PC) 설계표준시방서고(안), 1991.
- 鐵道構造物等 設計標準․同解說, 日本鐵道綜合技術硏究所, 1992.
- Eisenmann, J., Leykauf, G., and Mattner, L., “Recent developments in german railway track design,” Transport, 1994, pp. 91-96.
- Taiwan High Speed Rail Corporation, Taiwan High Speed Railway Design Volume 9, 2000.
- Nakamura, Y., “Real-time information systems for seismic hazards mitigation UrEDASP,” HERAS and PIC, Railway Technical Research Institute, QR, Vol. 37, No. 3, 1996.
- Premersberger, G. and Rojek, R., “Structural system for the transmission of longitudinal force on railway bridges,” Engineering structures, DB New Line Mannheim-Stuttgart, No. 4, 1987.
- International Union of Railways, UIC(Union Internationale des Chemins de Fer) Code, 1985.