- Volume 6 Issue 5
The characteristics of nonlinear seismic behavior and failure mechanism of RC space frame in railroad viaducts have been studied by the numerical analysis in time domain. The structure concerned is modeled in 3 dimensional extent and the RC frame elements consisting of fibers are employed for the columns. The fibers are characterized as RC zone and PC one to distinguish the different energy release after cracking resulted from the bond characteristic between concrete and re-bar. Due to the deviation of the mass center and the stiffness center of the entire structure the complex behavior is shown under seismic actions. The excessive shear force is concentrated on the column beside flexible one relatively, which leads to the failure of bridge concerned.
- Comite Euro-International du Beton, CER-FIP Model Code 1990-Final Draft, Chapter 1-3, Bulletin d'Information, No. 223, 1991
- Kato, B., “Mechanical properties of steel under load cycles idealizing seismic actions,” CEB Bulletin D'nformation, 131, 1979, pp. 7-27.
- The Metropolitan Expressway Public Corporation, Incorporated Foundation of the Metropolitan Expressway Technical Center, “Investigation on Bridge Highways of the Metropolitan Expressway(1995),” Report of Concrete Piers Subcommittee, Japan, 1996. 2.
- Shima, H., Chou, L., and Okamura, H., “Micro and macro models for bond behavior in reinforced concrete,” Journal of the Faculty of Engineering, University of Tokyo (B), Vol. 39, No. 2, 1987, pp. 134-194.
- Maekawa, K. and Okamura, H., “The deformational behavior and constitutive equation of concrete using elasto-plastic and fracture model,” Journal of Faculty of Engineering, University of Tokyo(B), Vol. 37, No. 2, 1983, pp. 253-328.
- Niwa, J., Yamada, K., and Okamura, H., “Reevaluation of the equation for shear strength of RC beams without web reinforcement,” Concrete Library of JSCE, No. 9, 1987, pp. 65-84.
- 건설교통부, 내진설계기준연구(II) : 내진설계성능기준과 경제성평가, 1997.
- Okamura, H. and Maekawa, K., Nonlinear Analysis and Costitutiva Models of Reinforced Concrete, Gihodo-Shuppan.
- Okamura, H. and Higai, T., “Proposed design equation for shear strength of reinforced concrete beams without web reinforcement,” Proc. of JSCE, No. 300, 1980. 8, pp. 131-141.
- Sato, Y. M. and Tsumura, K., “Deformation charateristic of RC column subjected to bilateral loading,” Proc. of JCI, Vol. 16, No. 2, 1994.
- Bazant, Z. P. and Oh, B. H., “Crack band theory for fracture of concrete,” Material and Structures, Vol. 16, 1983, pp. 157-177.
- Tsuchiya et al., “Multi directional flexural behavior and nonlinear analysis of RC columns subjected to eccentric axial forces,” Concrete Library of JSCE, No. 37, 2001. 6, pp. 1-15.