- Volume 6 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Optimum Maintenance and Retrofit Planning for Reliable Seismic Performance of the Bridges
내진성능확보를 위한 교량의 최적유지보수계획법
- 고현무 (서울대학교 지구환경시스템공학부) ;
- 이선영 (서울대학교 지구환경시스템공학부) ;
- 박관순 (서울대학교 지구환경시스템공학부) ;
- 김동석 (서울대학교 지구환경시스템공학부)
- Published : 2002.10.01
In the maintenance and retrofit planning of a bridge system, the optimal strategy for inspection and repair are suggested by minimizing the expected total life-cycle cost, which includes the initial cost, the costs of inspection, repair, and failure. Degradation of seismic performance is modeled by using a damage function. And failure probability is computed according to the degree of damage detection by random vibration theory and the event tree analysis. As an example to illustrate the proposed approach, a 10-span continuous bridge structure is used. The numerical results show that the optimum number of the inspection and the repair are increased, as the seismic intensity is increased and the soil condition of a site becomes more flexible.
event tree analysis;seismic performance;maintenance and retrofit;life-cycle cost;event tree analysis
- 송준호, “최소 사용기간비용 내진설계에 의한 지진격리 교량의 경제성 평가”, 석사학위논문, 서울대학교, 1999.
- 한국원자력안전기술원, “원전구조물 신뢰성 해석기법 연구”, 보고서, 2000.
- 건설교통부, “교량관리체계(BMS) 개선에 관한 연구”, 보고서, 1998.
- 고현무, 송준호, “사용기간 비용 최소화를 위한 지진격리교량의 경제성평가,” 대한토목학회 논문집, 제19권, 제I-4호, 1999, pp. 539-550.
- Ellingwood, B. R. and Mori, Y., “Reliability-based service life assessment of aging concrete structures,” Journal of Structural Engineering, ASCE, Vol. 119, No. 5, 1993, pp. 1600-1621. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(1993)119:5(1600)
- Tanaka, H. and Toyoba-Makino, M., “Cost-based optimal relation between inspection time and assessment time for random fatigue crack growth,” Probabilistic Engineering Mechanics, Vol. 13, 1998, pp. 69-76. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0266-8920(97)00008-8
- Newland, D. E., An Introduction to Random Vibrations, Spectral and Wavelet Analysis, John Wiley and Sons Inc., N.Y., 1993.
- 박관순, 고현무, 함대기, “점탄성감쇠기가 설치된 구조물의 최적통합설계”, 대한토목학회 논문집, 제22권, 제2-A호, 2002, pp. 413-422.
- Estes, A. C., “A System Reliability Approach to the Lifetime Optimization of Inspection and Repair of Highway Bridges,” Ph. D. Thesis, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO, 1997.
- Nawy, E. G., Reinforced Concrete : A Fundamental Approach, Prentice-Hall Inc., New Jerasy, 1984.
- 한국지진공학회, “국제내진설계 학술세미나”, 보고서, 1999.
- Frangopol, D. M, “Bridge safety and reliability,” ASCE, 1999.
- Priestly, M. J. N., Seible, F., and Calvi, G. M., Seismic Design and Retrofit of Bridges, John Wiley and Sons, Inc., N.Y., 1996.
- Ang, A. H-S. and Leon, D. D., “Target reliability for structural design based on minimum expected life-cycle cost,” Proc. of 7th IFIP WG7.5 Working Conference on Reliability and Optimization of Structural System, 1996, pp. 71-84.
- Mori, Y. and Ellingwood, B. R., “Maintaining reliability of concrete structures. II: Optimum inspection/repair,” Journal of Structural Engineering, Vol. 120, No. 3, 1994, pp. 846-862. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(1994)120:3(846)