- Volume 6 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Estimation of Tsunami Risk Zoning on the Coasts Adjacent to the East Sea from Hypothetical Earthquakes
공백역 지진에 의한 동해에 연한 해안에서의 지진해일 위험도 산정
- 최병호 (성균관대학교 토목환경공학과) ;
- 에핌페리놉스키 (러시아과학원 응용물리연구소) ;
- 이제신 (성균관대학교 토목환경공학과) ;
- 우승범 (코넬대학교 토목환경공학과)
- Published : 2002.10.01
Prognostic characteristics of hypothetical tsunamis in the East Sea are further discussed based on numerical simulations using linear long wave theory than the last paper(Choi et al). As for choice of source zones, we used 28 cases based on fault parameters of hypothetical earthquakes and 76 cases based on simple initial surface shapes of tsunamigenic earthquakes selected by the seismic gap theory. As a result, the wave heights along the whole coastline adjacent to the East See of tsunamis due to these hypothetical earthquake are presented. Analyses also lead us to conclude that the selection of geographical zones with low risk of tsunamis can be used as a tool for coastal disaster mitigation planning.
tsunami;long wave theory;hypothetical earthquake;risk zoning
- Ichikawa, Y., “Remaining earthquake vacant region,” Monthly Ocean, Vol. 7, 1994, pp. 102-104.
- Tohoku University, “Observation of continuous crustal change in Tohoku area,” Report of Disaster Control Research Center, 1995.
- Manshinha, L. and Smylie, D. E., “The displacement fields of inclined faults,” Bull. of Amer. Seism. Soc., Vol. 61, No. 5, 1971, pp. 1433-1440.
- Togashi, H., “Study on Tsunami Run-Up and Countermeasure,“ Ph. D. Thesis, Tohoku University, 1981.
- Choi, B. H., Hong, S. J., and Pelinovsky, E., “Simulation of prognosic tsunamis on the Korean coast,” Geophysical Researh Letters, Vol. 28, No. 10, 2001, pp. 2013-2016. https://doi.org/10.1029/2000GL012534
- Chung, J. Y., Go, C. N., and Kaistrenko, V. M., “Tsunami hazard estimation for eastern Korean coast,” Proc. IUGG/IOC Int. Tsunami Symp., Wakayama, Japan, 1993. 8, pp. 409-422.
- 松澤, “最近の秋田․山形縣沖の地震活動について,” 東北地域災害科學硏究, 32, 1996, pp. 293-303.
- Pelinovsky, E., “Criteria of sea wave breaking in basins of complex topography,” J. Korean Soc. Coastal and Ocean Engs., Vol. 4, No. 2, 1992, pp. 59-62.
- 최병호, 김경옥, 엄현민, “한국근해의 디지털 수심.표고 데이터베이스”, 한국 해안․해양공학회지, 제14권, 제1호, 2002, pp. 41-50.
- 羽鳥德太郞, 日本の歷史地震津波, 月刊海洋, No. 9, 1984, pp. 538-545.
- Chung, J. Y., Chu, K. S., Go, C. N, Kaistrenko, V. M., and Tsuji, Y., “Tsunami hazard estimation for Japan Sea coast,” 1996, unpublished manuscript.
- Lee, H. J., “Study on Characterisitcs of Tsunami Propagation and Hazards in the Japan Sea(East Sea),” Ph. D. Thesis, Tokohoku Universiry, 1998.
- Choi, B. H., Pelinovsky, E., Hong, S. J., and Woo, S. B., “Computation of tsunami in the East (Japan) Sea using dynamically interfaced nested model,“ Pure and Applied Physics, 2002(Accepted).
- Choi, B. H., Pelinovsky, E., Igor, R., and Hong, S. J., “Distribution functions of tsunami wave heights,” Natural Hazards, Vol. 25, No. 1, 2002, pp. 1-21. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1013379705323
- Choi, B. H., Hong, S. J., and Lee, J. S., “Computation of hypothetical tsunamis on the East coast in Korea,” Journal of the Earthquake Engineering Society of Korea, Vol. 6, No. 3, 2002, pp. 73-86. https://doi.org/10.5000/EESK.2002.6.3.073
- Shuto, N., “Numerical simulation of tsunami: Its present and near future,” Natural Hazards, Vol. 4, 1991, pp. 171-191. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00162786
- Shuto, N., Suzuki, T., Hasegawa, K., and Inagaki, K., “A study of numerical technique on the tsunami propagation and run-up,” Sci. Tsunami Hazards, Vol. 4, 1986, pp. 111-124.
- 茂木淸夫, 日本の地震豫知, サイエンス社, 1982.
- Sato, S., Handbook of earthquake fault parameters, Kashima Press, 1995.
- Estimates of Tsunami Risk Zones on the Coasts Adjacent to the East (Japan) Sea based on the Synthetic Catalogue vol.36, pp.3, 2005, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11069-005-1937-3
- Estimation of Wave Parameters for Probabilistic Tsunami Hazard Analysis Considering the Fault Sources in the Western Part of Japan vol.18, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5000/EESK.2014.18.3.151