- Volume 11 Issue 12
The cork have been preferred over the conventional materials, zeolite, ceramics, and lignite as a biofilter medium. During the 6 months of operation, the performance of the cork biofilter was considered good with 150ppm of mixture BTX vapor efficiencies greater than 90% at 60 second of EBCT. It was observed 56 % of removal efficiency under transition conditions at first stage, and then the removal efficiency was increased to above 90 %, and the sustainability of removal efficiency was maintained. At second stage, the performance of cork biofilter was not decreased 90 % efficiency with 150 ppm BTX at 30 sec. EBCT. The production of
- Nehal Mohamaed, T. R. Rainier and J. M. Ross, 2000, Novel Experimental Study of Receptor-mediated Bacterial Adhesion Under the Influence of Fluid Shear, Biotech. Bioeng., 68(6), 628-636. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1097-0290(20000620)68:6<628::AID-BIT5>3.0.CO;2-D
- Gayle, P. V., B. F. McNamara, C. M. McGinley, 1992, Bench-Scale Removal of Odor and Volatile Organic Compounds at Composting Facility, Wat. Environ. Res., 64(1), 19-27. https://doi.org/10.2175/WER.64.1.4
- Abott, A., P. R. Rutter, and R. C. W. Berkeley, 1983, The influence of Ionic Strength, pH and a Protein Layer on the Interaction between Streptoccoccus mutans and Glass Surfaces, J. Gen. Microbiol., 129, 439-445.
- Flanagan, W. P., 1998, Biodegradation of Dichlormethane in a Granular Activated Carbon Fludized-Bed Reactor, Wat. Environ. Res. 70(1), 60-66. https://doi.org/10.2175/106143098X126892
- Venkatesh, M., 1997, Control VOCs from Wastewater Systems, Chemical Engineering Progress, 33-38.
- Satou, N., J. Satou, H. Shintani, and K. Okuda, 1988, Adherence of Streptococci to Surface-modified Glass, J. Gen. Microbiol., 134, 1299-1305.
- Brian, A. Pethica, 1980, Microbial and Cell Adhesion in Microbial Adhesion to Surfaces (R.C.W. Berkeley et al Eds.), Ellis Horward Ltd., Chichester.
- Brown, A., J. S. Devinny, T. E. Browne, and D. E. Chitwood, 1997, A Review of Treatment Technologies for MTBE in Drinking Water, Proceeding of the ACS 1997 Pacific Conference on Chemistry and Spectroscopy, Anaheim, CA.
- Devinny, J. S., M. A. Deshusses, and T. S. Webster: Biofiltration for Air Pollution Control, Lewis Publishers, New York.
- Chen, J. and B. Koopman, 1997, Effect of Fluorochromes on Bacterial Surface Properties and Interaction with Granular Media, App. Environ. Microbiol., 63(10), 3941-3945.