- Volume 11 Issue 12
Since the enzymatic degradation of microbial poly[(R)-3-hydroxybutyrate-co-3-hydroxyvalerate] (P(3HB-co-3HV)) initially occurs by a surface erosion process, a degradation behavior could be controlled by the change of surface property. In order to control the rate of enzymatic degradation, plasma gas discharge and blending techniques were used to modify the surface of microbial P(3HB-co-3HV). The surface hydrophobic property of P(3HB-co-3HV) film was introduced by CF
- Lee, W. K. and C. S. Ha, 1997, Surface property of the monodispersed polystyrenes of different molecular weights, Kor. Polym. J., 5, 73-76.
- Jannasch, P., 1998, Surface structure and dynamics of block and graft copolymers having fluorinated poly(ethylene oxide) chain ends, Macromolecules, 31, 1341-1347. https://doi.org/10.1021/ma971351+
- Vert, M., S. M. Li, and H. Garreau, 1991, More about the degradation of LA/GA-derived matrices in aqueous media, J. Control. Rel., 16, 15-26. https://doi.org/10.1016/0168-3659(91)90027-B
- Fredericks, R. J., A. J. Melveger, and L. J. Dolegiewtz, 1984, Morphological and structural changes in a copolymer of glycolide and lactide occurring as a result of hydrolysis, J. Polym, Sci.: Polym. Phys. Ed., 22, 57-66. https://doi.org/10.1002/pol.1984.180220106
- Lee, W. K., T. Iwata, H. Abe, and Y. Doi, 2000, Studies on the enzymatic hydrolysis of solution-grown poly[(R)-3-hydroxybutyrate] crystals; defects in crystals, Macromolecules, 33, 9535-9541. https://doi.org/10.1021/ma001016c
- Chen, X., H. F. Lee, and J. A. Gardella, Jr, 1993, Effects of structure and annealing on the surface composition of multiblock copolymers of bisphenol A polycarbonate and poly(dime-thylsiloxane), Macromolecules, 26, 4601-4605. https://doi.org/10.1021/ma00069a028
- Chen, X., J. A. Gardella, Jr., T. Ho, and K. J. Wynne, 1995, Surface composition of a series of dimethyl siloxane-urea-urethane segmented copolymers studied by electron spectroscopy for chemical analysis, Macromolecules, 28, 1635-1642. https://doi.org/10.1021/ma00109a041
- van Krevelen, D. W., 1994, Properties of Polymers, 3th eds., Elsevier, New York, 189-225pp.
- Lee, W. K. and J. A. Gardella, Jr., 2000, Hydrolytic kinetics of biodegradable polyester monolayers, Langmuir, 16, 3401-3406. https://doi.org/10.1021/la990800r
- Lee, W. K., I. Losito, J. A. Gardella, Jr. and W. L. Hicks, jr., 2001, Synthesis and surface properties of fluorocarbon end-capped biodegradable polyesters, Macromolecules, 34, 3000-3006. https://doi.org/10.1021/ma0000327
- Lin, Y., H. Yasuda, M. Miyama, and T. Yasuda, 1996, Water barrier characteristics of plasma polymers of perfluorocarbons, J. Poly. Sci. Part A: Polym. Chem., 34, 1843-1851. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1099-0518(19960730)34:10<1843::AID-POLA1>3.0.CO;2-Q
- Lee, W. K., J. S. Yoon, K. Tanaka, N. Satomi, X. Jiang, A. Takahara, C. S. Ha, and T. Kajiyarna, 1997, Relationships between lateral force and viscoelastic properties for amorphous polymer films based on lateral force microscopy, Polym. Bull., 39, 369-376. https://doi.org/10.1007/s002890050161
- Chen, X., J. A. Gardella, Jr. and P.L. Kumler, 1993, Effects of structure and annealing on the surface composition of multiblock copolymers of bisphenol A polycarbonate and poly(dime-thylsiloxane), Macromolecules, 26, 4601-4605. https://doi.org/10.1021/ma00069a028
- Lee, W. K., 1999, Study on surface structure of amorphous polymer blends on the basis of lateral force microscopy, Polymer, 40, 5631-5636. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0032-3861(98)00769-1
- Scott, G. and D. Gilead, 1995, Degradable Polymers, Chapman & Hill, London, 18-87pp.
- Biederman, H. and D. Slavinska, 2000, Plasma polymer films and their future prospects, Surf. Coat. Technol., 125, 371-376. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0257-8972(99)00578-2