- Volume 11 Issue 12
This study was conducted to evaluate water quality in the Keum River using multivariate analysis. The analysis data in Keum river made use of surveyed data by the ministry of environment from January 1994 to December 2001. Thirteen water quality parameter were determined on each sample. The results was summarized as follow; Water quality in the Keum River could be explained up to 71.39% by four factors which were included in loading of organic matter and nutrients by the tributaries (32.88%), seasonal variation (16.09%), loading of pathogenic bacteria by domestic sewage of Gapcheon (13.39%) and internal metabolism in estuary as lakes(9.03%). For spatial variation of factor score, four group was classified by each factor characterization. Station 1 and 2 was influenced by Daechung dam, station 3 was affected by domestic sewage of Gapcheon, station 10~12 was affected by estuary dyke and the rest station. The result of cluster analysis by station was classified into four group that has different water quality characteristics. In monthly cluster analysis, three group was classified according to seasonal characteristic. Also, in yearly cluster analysis, three group was classified. It is necessary to control the pollutant loadings by Gapcheon inflow domestic sewage in Daejeon city for the sake of water quality management of Keum river.
- Boyer, J.N., J.W. Fourqurean, and R.D. Jones, 1997, Spatial characterization of water quality in Florida bay and Whitewater bay by nulti-variate analysis; zone of similar influence, Estuaries, 20(4), 743-758. https://doi.org/10.2307/1352248
- Kim, J. G., 1998, Evaluation of water quality in the Keum river estuary by multivariate analysis, J. of Korean Environ. Sci. Soc., 7(5), 591-598.
- Jang, J. H., 1999, A multivariate analysis of water quality characteristics in the Nakdong estuary, MD. Thesis, Pukyung Nat'l Uni., 75-76.
- Shin, S.K., 1996, Water quality management considering autochthonous BOD in the Nakdong river, PhD. Thesis, Nat'l Fisheries Uni. of Pusan, 76-88.
- 村上和男, 1987, 水質自動観測データの解析と赤潮豫測への應用, 港灣技術硏究所報告, 26(2), 213-252.
- Kim, J. G. andJ. Y. Lee, 2001, Application of QUAL2E model for water quality management in the Keum river(I)-estimation of model input parameter and autochthonous BOD-, J. of Korean Env. Sci. Soc., 10(2), 119-127.
- 大内晟, 高山晴義, 1981, 主成分分析による赤潮図ついて, Bull. of the Japanese Soc. of Sci. Fish., 47(10),1275-1279. https://doi.org/10.2331/suisan.47.1275
- 中路勉, 港和行, 入江鎖三, 1979, 河川水質の統計學的硏究(I)-長野縣原内天龍川水質-の多変量解析の適用-, J. of the faculty of Agri. Shinshs Univ., 16, 79-92.
- Chung, J. Y., J. H. Lee, and H. S. An., 1983, Circulation Dynamics of the Keum River Estuary I. Variability of the Salinity Boundary Layer, J. Oceanogr. Soc. Korea, 18(2).
- Lee, H. J., H. J. Lee, J. S. Han, and S. P. Kwon, 1991, Evaluation of Incheon coastal area water quality using Principal component analysis, J. KWPRK, 7(1), 9-19.
- You, S. J., J. G. Kim, T. Y. Kwon, and S. M. Lee, 1999, A study on the eutrophication in the Keum river, J. of Korean Env. Sci. Soc., 8(2), 155-160.
- Hong, S. W., Y. C. Ha, and T. S. Ahn, 1985, Factor analysis of water quality and ecosystem in Iinhae bay, J. Korea water Pollut. Res., October, 9-17.
- Shin, S. K., C. K. Park, and K. O. Song, 1998, Evaluation of Water Quality using Principal Component Analysis in the nakdong River Estuary, J. of Korean Env. Sci. Soc., 7(2), 17-176.
- 太田立男, 鶴健一, 高柳俊博, 1986, 主成分分析法による三河灣海況解析, 用水と廢水, 28(11), 16-19.
- 환경부, 1994-2001, 금강 본류 측정망 자료 정보공개요청 자료.
- 大内晟, 1982, 廣島灣奥部における赤潮豫報硏究の現狀, 沿岸海洋ノート, 第20巷, 1號, 33-42.
- 大内晟, 1984, 廣島灣の赤潮豫察 システロについて, 廣水試硏報, 第14號, 31-38.
- 坂本博明, 濱口龍司, 岩瀬政吉, 1988, 東北海道茶内地區河川の多変量解析法による汚濁の評價, 用水と廢水, 30(3), 239-245.
- Lee, M. K., J. H. hwang, and Y. K. Choi, 1966, Water Quality Evaluation on the Bottom Water of Masan Bay by Multivariate Analysis, J. of Korean Env. Sci. Soc., 5(1), 15-23.