- Volume 30 Issue 4
The replacement effects of cheese far salted and fermented fish on growth of lactic acid bacteria, fermentation velocity and sensory characteristics of Kimchi were investigated. In both control and cheese Kimchi, the total viable cell count of lactic acid bacteria was increased rapidly during the initial 2 days of fermentation. From 3 days after preparation, Kimchi added with cheese showed higher number of lactic acid bacteria than control Kimchi. The pH of Kimchi decreased rapidly after a small increase at the first day of fermentation, reaching 4.18-4.33 at the third day of fermentation, and the pH was slightly lower in Kimchi added with cheese than in control. Proximate analysis of Kimchi added with cheese was slightly higher in moisture and lower in crude protein and fat than control Kimchi. Sensory evaluation of the Kimchi fermented for 3 days showed that the Kimchi added with 3 or 5% of cheese had higher scores of appearance, flavor and overall taste than the control Kimchi.
Kimchi;cheese;lactic acid bacteria;fermentation
- Foods Biotechnol v.3 Proteolytic characteristics of tilsiter cheese made with bacteriophage-resistant mutants of Lactococcus. lactis ssp. cremoris S10 Bae,I.H.;J.R.Park.
- Kor. J. Nutr v.18 Effects of sugars of Kimchi fermentation and on the stability of ascorbic acid. Jung,H.S.;Y.T.Ko;S.J.Lim
- Foods Biotechnol. v.4 Antimutagenic effect of Kimchi Park,K.Y.;K.A.Baek;S.H.Rhee;H.S.Cheigh
- J. Kor. Soc. Food Sci. Nutr. v.29 Effects of sepiaeos addition on the quality of Kimchi during fermentation Lee,M.J.;H.S.Kim;S.C.Lee;W.P.Park
- Kusefabrikation Kessler,A.;H.Knasel;F.Raemy;F.Rentsch;H.Sollberger
- Bacterial Starter Cultures for Food Stanley,E.H.
- Kor. J. Nutr. v.17 Effects of protein sources on Kimchi fermentation and on the stability of ascorbic acid. Lee,H.S.;Y.T.Ko;S.J.Lim
- Cheese and Fermented Milk Foods (3rd ed.) Kosikowski,F.V.;V.V.Mistry
- Kor. J. Appl. Microbiol. Biotechnol v.24 Kimchi's flavor and taste affected by Kimchi yeast- producinb volatile compounds. Kim,H.J.;C.B.Yang;S.M.Kang.
Food science and Industry
Safety against carcinogenesis, antimutagenic and anticarcinogenic activities of Korean traditional fermented foods
- Kor. Dairy Technol v.10 The sensory evaluation of dairy products. Kwak,H.S.
- J. Kor. Soc. Food Sci. Nutr. v.28 In vitro anticancer effect of chinese cabbage Kimchi fractions Cho,E.J.;S.H.Rhee;K.S.Kang;K.Y.Park
- Official Methods of Analysis (14th ed.) A.O.A.C
- Cheese of the World Nantet,B.;P.Rance;F.Botkine;N.Lyon;J.C.Ribaut
- Standard Methods for the Examination of Dairy Products(5th ed.) Richardson,G.H.
- J. Kor. Soc. Food Nutr v.21 Clor measurement of Kimchi juice for quality evaluation of Korean cabbage Kimchi during fermentation at low temperature Lee,M.H.;H.K.Jun;H.K.No
- J. Kor. Soc. Food Sci. Nutr. v.30 Changes in Kimchi quality as effected by the addition of boiled-dried fusiforme Park,W.P.;Y.B.Cho;S.C.Lee;J.M.Kim;M.J.Lee
- J. Kor. Agric. Chem. Soc. v.33 Study on the measurement of Kimchi maturity by weigh measuring method Park,W.P.;S.J.Lee;Z.U.Kim
- Food Industry Nutr v.1 Development of Kimchi for export Gu,Y.J.;W.S.Park;B.H.Ahn;S.Y.Choi;M.K.Lee;D.U.Jo;K.H.Kim;J.S.Jo
- J. Kor. Soc. Food Nutr. v.24 The nutritional evaluation, and antimutagenic and anticancer effects of Kimchi Park,K.Y.
- Kor. J. Diet. Culture v.6 The kinds and utilization of Kimchi. Son,K.H.
- Sci. and Technol. of Kimchi v.3 Classification and review of the literature on Kimchi (II) Cheigh,H.S.;J.I.Kim
- The Cheese Bible Teubner,C.
- Studies on Kimchi Jo,J.S.