- Volume 30 Issue 4
Degradation Characteristics of Methyl Ethyl Ketone and Methyl Isobuthyl Ketone by Pseudomonas putida KT-3.
Pseudomonas putida KT-3의 Methyl Ethyl Ketone 및 Methyl Isobuthyl Ketone 분해 특성
- 김민주 (바이오세인트㈜ 환경생명공학연구소) ;
- 이태호 (바이오세인트㈜ 환경생명공학연구소) ;
- 이경미 (바이오세인트㈜ 환경생명공학연구소) ;
- 류희욱 (바이오세인트㈜ 환경생명공학연구소, 숭실대학교 환경 화학공학과) ;
- 조경숙 (이화여자대학교 환경학과)
- Published : 2002.12.01
Methyl ethyl ketone (MEK) and methyl isobutyl ketone (MIBK) have been widely used as solvents in various industries. Biodegradation of MEK and MIBK by Pseudomonas putida KT-3, which could utilize MEK or MIBK as a sole carbon source, was characterized, and the cosubstrate interaction in MEK/MIBK mixture was also studied. Within the range of initial MEK concentration (from 0.5 to 5.5 mM), an increased substrate concentration increased the specific degradation rate of MEK by P putida KT-3 (from 3.15 to 10.58 mmol/g DCW
Methyl ethyl ketone;methyl isobutyl ketone;Pseudomonas putida;biodegradation;mixture gas;inhibition
- J. Appl. Toxicol. v.3 Odor as an aid to chemical sagety: odor thresholds compared with threshold limit values and volatilities of 214 industrial chemicals in air and water dilution Amoore,J.;E.Hautala https://doi.org/10.1002/jat.2550030603
- Appl. Environ. Microbiol. v.67 Isolation and characterization of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon-degrading bacteria associated with the rhizosphere of salt marsh plants Daane,E.L.;I.Harhono;G.J.Zylstra;M.M.Haggblom https://doi.org/10.1128/AEM.67.6.2683-2691.2001
- Lav. Umano. v.20 Clinical and Hematochemical examinations in works exposed to the action of a ketone (MIBK) repeated after five years Armeli,G.;F.Linari;G.Martorano
- J. Air Wast. Manage. Assoc. v.52 Degradation characteristics of toluene, benzene, ethylbenzene, and xylene by Stenotrophomonas maltophilia T3-c. Lee,E.Y.;Y.S.Jun;K.S.Cho;H.W.Ryu https://doi.org/10.1080/10473289.2002.10470796
- Bioprocess engineering Shuler,M.L.;F.Kargi
- N.Y. State Ind. Bull. v.23 Study of poisoning and fire hazards of butanone and acetone Smith,A.R.;M.R.Mayers
- Kirk-Othmer encyclopedia of chemical technology v.12 Ketones Lurie,A.P.
- Am. Ind. Hyg. Assoc. J. v.47 Odour threshold and irritation levels of several chemical substances: a review Ruth,J.R.
- Chemical summary for methyl ethyl ketone, EPA 749-F-94-015a Office of Pollution prevention and toxics U.S. environmental protection agency
- Biosaint Research Report. BSR 01-001. A study on the isolation and characterization of a ketone-degrading bacterium, Pseudomonas putida KT-3. Kim;M.J.;H.D.Park
- J. Toxicol. Clin. Toxicol. v.19 Paraoccupational exposure to mixed solvents Baker,E.L.;R.G.Feldman https://doi.org/10.3109/15563658208990363
- Occup. Health Safety v.53 Acute illness among workers connected to solvent exposure Murphy,D.C.
- Curr. Microbiol. v.45 Tandem Biodegradation of BTEX Components by Two Pseudomonas sp. Attaway,H.H.;M.G.Schmidt https://doi.org/10.1007/s00284-001-0053-1
- Biofiltration for air pollution control Devinny,J.S.;M.A.Deshusses;T.S.Webster
- Biotechnol. Bioeng. v.49 Transient-state behavior of a biofilter removing mixtures of vapors of MEK and MIBK from air Deshusses,M.A.;H.Geoffrey;I.J.Dunn https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1097-0290(19960305)49:5<587::AID-BIT12>3.0.CO;2-7
- Curr. Microbiol. v.42 Bioremediation of sterile agricultural soils polluted with crude petroleum by application of the soil bacterium, Pseudomonas putida, with inorganic nutrient supplementations Nwachukwu,S.U.