- Volume 11 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
A Photocatalytic Degradation of Bromate over Nanosized Titanium Dioxide Prepared by Reverse Micelle
역상마이셀에 의한 나노크기 이산화티탄의 제조 및 브로메이트 광분해 특성
- 이만식 (부산정보대학 환경화학계열) ;
- 홍성수 (부경대학교 화학공학부) ;
- 박홍재 (인제대학교 환경시스템학부) ;
- 정영언 (부산정보대학 환경화학계열) ;
- 박원우 (부산정보대학 환경화학계열)
- Published : 2002.09.01
Nanosized titania sol has been produced by the controlled hydrolysis of titanium tetraisopropoxide(TTIP) in sodium bis(2-ethylhexyl)sulfosuccinate(AOT) reverse micelles. The physical properties, such as crystallite size and crystallinity according to R ratio have been investigated by FT-IR, XRD and UV-DRS. In addition, the photocatalytic degradation of bromate has been studied by using batch reactor in the presence of UV light in order to compare the photocatalytic activity of prepared nanosized titania. It is shown that the anatase structure appears in the 300~
Nanosized titania;AOT;Reverse micelle;Photocatalytic degradation of bromate
- Jang, H. D., S. K. Kim, and S. J. Kim, 2001, Effect of particle size and phase composition of titanium dioxide nanoparticles on the photocatalytic properties, J. Nano. Res., 3, 141. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1017948330363
- Alivisatos, A. P., 1995, Semiconductor Nano-crystal, MRS Bull., Aug., 23
- Turchi, C. S. and D. F. Ollis, 1990, Photocatalytic Degradation of Organic Water Contaminants : Mechanisms Involving Hydroxylradical Attack, J. Catal., 122, 178. https://doi.org/10.1016/0021-9517(90)90269-P
- Hong, S. S., M. S. Lee, J. H. Kim, B. H. Ahn, K. T. Lim, and G. D. Lee, 2002, Photocatalytic Decomposition of Bromate over Titanium Dioxides Prepared Using, Sol-Gel Method, J. Ind. Eng. Chem., 8, 150.
- Suryanyana, C. and Froes, F. H., 1992, The Structure and Mechenical Properties of Metallic Nanocrystal, Metall. Trans., 23A, 1071.
- Cullity, B. D., 1978, Elements of X -Ray Diffraction., Adison-Wesley, Reading, MA.
Wang, Z. C., J. F. Chen, and X. F. Hu, 2000, Preparation of nanocrystalline
$TiO_2$powders at near room temperature from peroxopolytitanic acid gel, Mater. Letters, 43, 87. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0167-577X(99)00236-0
Reddy, K. M., C. V. G. Reddy, and S. V. Manorama, 2001, Preparation, Characterization, and Spectral Studies on Nanocrystalline Anatase
$TiO_2$, J. Sol. Stat. Chem., 158, 180. https://doi.org/10.1006/jssc.2001.9090
- Palmisano, L., V. Augugliaro, M. Schiavello, and A. Sclafani, 1989, Influence of Acid-base Properties on Photocatalytic and Photochemical processes, J. Mol. Catal., 56, 284. https://doi.org/10.1016/0304-5102(89)80192-0
Ha, H. Y. and M. A. Anderson, 1996, Photodegradation of Organic Pollutants in Water Using Metal-Supported
$TiO_2$Catalysts Prepared by Sol-Gel Techniques, HWAHAK KONGHAK, 34, 356.
Moran, P. D., J. R. Bartlett, G. A. Bowmaker, J. L. Woolfrey, and R. P. Cooney, 1999, Formation of
$TiO_2$Sols, Gel and Nanopowders from Hydrolysis of $Ti(O^iPr)_4$in AOT Reverse Micelles, J. Sol-Gel Sci. Technol., 15, 251. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1008741109896
- Wolf, K., A. Yazdani, and P. Yates, 1991, Chlorinated Solvents : Will The Alternatives be Safer?, J. Air Waste Manage. Assoc., 41, 1055. https://doi.org/10.1080/10473289.1991.10466899