- Volume 11 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Effect of Ceramic-Treated Water on the Inhibition of Algal Growth
세라믹 처리수의 조류생장 억제 효과
- 김형진 (㈜삼양사 중앙연구소) ;
- 김지환 (한국생명공학연구원 환경생명공학연구실) ;
- 오희목 (한국생명공학연구원 환경생명공학연구실) ;
- 장감용 (클린월드 하이테크㈜) ;
- 임경묵 (클린월드 하이테크㈜) ;
- 심문보 (한서대학교 행정학과)
- Published : 2002.09.01
Laboratory experiments were conducted to investigate the effect of ceramic-treated water on the inhibition of algal growth. The growth of Scenedesmus quadricauda and Chlorella vulgaris was enhanced by the ceramic-treated water in Allen medium containing high concentration of nutrients, but inhibited in natural water containing low concentration of nutrients. The growth of Oscillatoria tenuis and Microcystis aeruginosa was inhibited in both Allen medium and natural water. When comparing the effects of ceramic-treated water 1 (NC1) and 2 (NC2), the growth of O. tenuis and M. aeruginosa was somewhat enhanced by NC1, whereas inhibited by NC2. Therefore, it is suggested that NC2 can be more effective than NC1 in controlling the algal growth.
algal growth;ceramic-treated water;cyanobacteria;eutrophication;Microcystis aeruginosa
- Mayer, P., R. Cuhel, and N. Nyholm, 1997, A simple in vitro fluorescence method for biomass measurements in algal growth inhibition tests, Water Res., 31, 2525-253l. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0043-1354(97)00084-5
- Heiskary, S. and W.W. Walker, 1987, Developing phosphorus criteria for Minnesota lakes, Lake Reserv. Manage., 4, 1-9.
- Park, H.-D., B. Kim, E. Kim, and T. Okine, 1998, Hepatotoxic microcystins and neurotoxic anatoxin-a in cyanobacterial blooms from Korean lakes, Environ. Toxicol. Water Qual., 13, 225-234. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1098-2256(1998)13:3<225::AID-TOX4>3.0.CO;2-9
- Schindler, D.W., F.A.J. Armstrong, S.K. Holmgen, and G.J. Brunskill, 1971, Eutro-phication of Lake 227, experimental lake area, Northwestern Ontario, by addition of phosphate and nitrate, J. Fish. Res. Bd. Canada, 28, 1763-1782. https://doi.org/10.1139/f71-261
- Menzel, D.W. and N. Corwin, 1965, The measurement of total phosphorus in seawater based on the liberation of organically bound fraction of persulfate oxidation, Limnol. Oceanogr., 10, 280-282. https://doi.org/10.4319/lo.1965.10.2.0280
- 오희목, 박준홍, 윤무환, 맹주선, 1997, 대청호 수화발생시 수중 인농도와 cyanobacteria의 다중인산염 분포관계, 한국육수학회지, 30, 97-106.
- Smith, V.H., 1982, The nitrogen and phosphorus dependence of algal biomass in lakes: An empirical and theoretical analysis, Limnol. Oceanogr., 27, 1101-l112. https://doi.org/10.4319/lo.1922.214.171.1241
- Wynne, D. and G-Y. Rhee, 1986, Effects of light intensity and quality on the relative N and P requirement (the optimum N:P ratio) of marine planktonic algae, J. Plankton Res., 8, 91-103. https://doi.org/10.1093/plankt/8.1.91
- Oh, H.-M. and G-Y. Rhee, 1991, A comparative study of microalgae isolated from flooded rice paddies: light-limited growth, C fixation, growth efficiency and relative N and P requirement, J. Appl. Phycol., 3, 211-220. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00003579
- James, M., Montgomery Consulting Engineers, Inc., 1985, Water Treatment, Principles and Design, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 49-61.
- 오희목, 이석준, 김성빈, 박미경, 윤병대, 김도한, 1998, Algal bioassay에 의한 조류생장 제한 영양염류 결정, 한국육수학회지, 31, 150-157.
- 지철근, 1992, 우리나라의 원적외선산업의 현황과 전망, 한국조명.전기설비 학회지, 1, 7-10.
- Allen, M.M., 1968, Simple conditions for the growth of unicellular blue-green algae on plates, J. Phycol., 4, 1-4.
- Paek, U.H., 1995, The special characteristics of Korean far-infrared radiant ceramics, the 1st Korea-Japan Symposium on Far-Infrared, 105-170.
- D'Elia, C.F., P.A. Steudler, and N. Corwin, 1977, Determination of total nitrogen in aqueous samples using per sulfate digestion, Limnol. Oceanogr., 22, 760-764. https://doi.org/10.4319/lo.1977.22.4.0760
- American Water Works Association, 1990, Water Quality and Treatment, 4th ed., McGraw-Hill, New York, 197-202.
- Murphy, J. and J.P. Riley, 1962, A modified single solution method for the determination of phosphate in natural waters, Analyt. Chim. Acta., 27, 31-36. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0003-2670(00)88444-5
- 오희목, 김도한, 1995, 대청호의 남조류 수화발생에 대한 단기적 예측, 한국육수학회지, 28, 127-135.