- Volume 11 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Sorption/Desorption Characteristics of Halogenated Aliphatic Compounds from Activated Sludge, Sediment, and Clay
지방족 할로겐화합물의 활성슬러지와 해안저질 및 점토에서의 흡탈착 특성
- 김종오 (경성대학교 건설공학부 및 환경지역발전연구소) ;
- 박종석 (경상대학교 대학원 환경보전학과) ;
- 최연돈 (경상대학교 대학원 환경보전학과)
- Published : 2002.09.01
This study was performed : 1) to establish the experimental analysis conditions for the sorption and desorption of toxic organic contaminants to/from the activated sludge, sediment, and clay, and 2) to determine the sorption and desorption equilibrium coefficients of some representative halogenated aliphatic compounds. Through the preliminary sorption test using Azo dye, a setting of quantitative experimental conditions to determine the sorption and desorption characteristics was decided as follows; equilibration time of 180 minutes, centrifuge for 15 minutes at 5000
Halogenated Aliphatic Compounds;Activated sludge;Sediment Clay;Sorption;Desorption.
- Reddy, M. R. and H. F. Perkins, 1974, Fixation of Zinc by Clay minerals, Soil. Sci. Soc. Amer. Proc., 38, 229-230. https://doi.org/10.2136/sssaj1974.03615995003800020011x
- Wang, L., R. Govind, and R. A. Dobbs, 1993, Sorption of Toxic Organic Compounds on Wastewater Solids: Mechanism and Modeling, J. Environ. Sci. Technol., 27, 152-158. https://doi.org/10.1021/es00038a017
- Shimizu, Y., 1998, Sorption of Organic Pollutants in Aquatic Environments : The Effects of Solid Composition, Ph. D. Thesis, Texas Univ., Austin, USA.
- Ariamalar Selvakumar, 1988, Adsorption of Organic Compounds by Microbial Biomass, Ph.D. Thesis, Dept of Engineering Science., Clemson University, Clemson, SC., 20pp.
- Neal, R. H. and G. Sposite, 1986, Effects of Soluble Organic Matter and Sewage Sludge Amendments on Cadmium Sorption by Soils at Low Cadmium Concemtrations, J. Soil Sci., 142, 164-172. https://doi.org/10.1097/00010694-198609000-00006
- Chen, W., A. T. Kan, and M. B. Tomson, 2000, lrreversible Adsorption of Chlorinated Benzenes to Natural Sediments: lmplications for Sediment Quality Criteria, J. Environ. Sci. Technol., 34(3), 385-392. https://doi.org/10.1021/es981141s
- Forbes, E. A., A. M. Posner, and J. P. Quirk, 1976, The Specific Adsorption of Divalent Cd, Co, Cu, Pb, and Zn on Goethite, J. Soil Sci., 27, 154-166. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2389.1976.tb01986.x
- Elliott, H. A., M. R. Liberati, and C. P. Huang, 1986, Competitive Adsorption of Heavy Metals by Soils, J. Environ. Qual., 15, 214-219. https://doi.org/10.2134/jeq1986.00472425001500030002x
- 김한수, 장효섭, 박병배, 박영성, 민병무, 1999, 방향족 휘발성 유기화합물(VOCs)의 흡착특성, 대한환경공학회지, 21(3), 481-488.
- 박석순, 1995, 퇴적물 초기 속성작용과 미량 오염물질 거동, 대한환경공학회, 17(9), 825-834.
- Elfattah, A. and K. Wada., 1981, Adsorption of Lead, Copper, Zinc, Cobalt and Cadmium by Soils that Differ in Cation Exchange Materials, J. Soil Sci., 22, 271-283.
- Kan, A. T., G. Fu, M. A. Hunter, W. Chen, C. H. Ward, and M. B. Tomson, 1998, Irreversible Sorption of Neutral Hydrocarbons to Sediments : Experimental Observations and Model Predictions, J. Environ. Sci. Technol., 32(7), 892-902. https://doi.org/10.1021/es9705809
- Mortland, M. M., S. Shaobai, and S. A. Boyd, 1986, Clay Organic Complexesas Adsorbents for Phenol and Chlorophenols, J. Clay & Clay Minerals, 34, 581-585. https://doi.org/10.1346/CCMN.1986.0340512
- Chen, W., A. T. Kan, G. Fu, L. C. Vignona, and M. B., Tomson, 1999, Adsorption-Desorption Behaviors of Hydrophobic Organic Compounds in Sediemnts of Lake Charles, Louisiana, USA, J. Environ. Toxicol, Chem., 18, 1610-1616. https://doi.org/10.1897/1551-5028(1999)018<1610:ADBOHO>2.3.CO;2
- Dobbs, R. A., M. Jelus, and K. Y. Cheng, 1986, Partitioning of Toxic Organic Compounds on Municipal Wastewater Treatment Plant Solids, Proceedings of the International Conference on Innovative Biological Treatment of Toxic Waste waters, Virginia, 585-601.
- U.S. EPA., 1982, Fate of Priority Toxic Pollutants in Publicly-Owned Treatment Works, EPA-440/1-82-303, Vol. I and II, Washington D.C., 190pp.
- Singh, S. S., 1979, Sorption and Release of Cadmium in Some Canada Soils, Can, J, Soil Sci, 59, 119-130. https://doi.org/10.4141/cjss79-012
- Chiou, C. T., S. E. McGroddy, and D. E. Kile, 1998, Partition Characteristics of Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons on Soils and Sediments, J. Environ. Sci. Technol., 32, 264 -269. https://doi.org/10.1021/es970614c
- Convery, J. J., J. M. Cohen, and D. F. Bishop, 1980, Occurrence and Removal of Toxics in Municipal Wastewater Treatment Facilities, Seventh Joint U.S./Japan Conference, Tokyo, 140pp.
- Kile, D. E., C. T. Chiou, H. H. Li. Zhou, and O. Xu, 1995, Partition of Nonpolar Organic Pollutants from Water to Soil and Sediment Organic Matters, J. Environ. Sci. Technol., 29, 1401-1406. https://doi.org/10.1021/es00005a037
- Dobbs, R. A., Y. Shan, L. Wang, and R. Govind, 1995, Sorption on Wastewater Solids: Elimination of Biological Activity, Water Environment Research, 67, 327-329. https://doi.org/10.2175/106143095X131547