- Volume 11 Issue 9
A comparison of Daphnia magna, Ceriodaphnia dubia and Simocephalus mixtus toxicity test was performed to study the relative sensitivities and discrimination abilities with both pore and elutriate water of Woopo wetland sediments. Sediment risk assessment has been done by standardized preparation method of pore and elutriate water described in the joint US EPA-US Army Crops of Engineers manual. Simocephalus mixtus which was obtained from Woopo wetlands in Korea was cultured and applied to sediment toxicity test. Water quality in Woopo wetland had great site and seasonal variations. S. mixtus was more sensitive than D. magna in heavy metal toxicity test. The toxicity results with S. mixtus reflected the water quality of elutriate and pore water. The results also suggested that S. mixtus could be used as a test organism in estimating potential risk of contaminated sediments.
Simocephalus mixtus;Sediment toxicity;pore water;elutriate water;Woopo wetland
- Giesy, J. D., R. L. Graney, C. J. Rosiu, and Benda, A., 1988, Comparison of three sediment bioassay methods using Detroit river sediments, Env. Toxi Chem, 7, 483-498. https://doi.org/10.1897/1552-8618(1988)7[483:COTSBM]2.0.CO;2
- Mount, D. I. and T. J. Norberg, 1984, A seven-day life cycle cladoceran toxicity test, Env. Toxi. Chem, 3, 425-434. https://doi.org/10.1897/1552-8618(1984)3[425:ASLCCT]2.0.CO;2
- Burton C. Suedel and J. H. Rodgers, Jr., 1994, Development of formulated reference sediments for freshwater and estuarine sediment testing, Env. Toxi. chem, 13, 1163-1175. https://doi.org/10.1897/1552-8618(1993)12[269:UOTAOL]2.0.CO;2
- Landrum, P. F., B. J. Eadie, and W. R. Faust, 1991, Toxicokinetic and Toxicity of mixture of sediment associated polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons to the arnphipod Diporeia Sp. Env. Toxi. chem., 10, 35-46. https://doi.org/10.1897/1552-8618(1991)10[35:TATOAM]2.0.CO;2
- 장풍국, 1998, 물벼룩의 사망률 및 포란율을 이용한 하천수계의 독성도, 경남대학교 석사논문.
- 日本環境廳, 1988, 低筧調査方法とその解設, 日本環境測定分析協會.
- 동화기술, 1995, 수질오염.폐기물 공정시험방법.
- US EPA, Selecting remediation techniques for contaminated sediment, EPA 832-B39-001, 1993b.
- Lee, S. K., D. Freitag, C. Steinberg, A. Kettrup, and Y. H. Kim, 1993, Effects of dissolved humic materials on acute toxicity of some organic chemicals to aquatic organisms, Wat. Res., 27(2), 199-204. https://doi.org/10.1016/0043-1354(93)90076-T
- Phipps, G. L., G. T. Ankly., and D. A. Benoit, 1993, Use of the aquatic oligochaete Lumbriculus Variegatus for assessing toxicity and bioaccumulation, Env. Taxi. chem, 12, 269-279. https://doi.org/10.1897/1552-8618(1993)12[269:UOTAOL]2.0.CO;2
- Burton G. Jr. Allen, and C. Macpherson, 1995, Sediment toxicity testing issues and methods, In: Handbook of ecotoxicology, 70-103.
- 이찬원, 권영택, 2000, 습지 퇴적물의 생태 환경독성도 평가, 한국습지학회지 2(1).
- Malueg, K. W., G. S. Schuyterna, J. H. Gakstatter, and D. F. Krawczyk, 1984, Toxicity of sediments from three metal contaminated areas, Env. Toxi. chem, 3, 279-291. https://doi.org/10.1897/1552-8618(1984)3[279:TOSFTM]2.0.CO;2
- Margaret, W. Toussaint, Tommy R shedd, willian, and H. Van der schalie, 1995, A Comparison of standard acute toxicity tests with rapid screening toxicity tests, Env. Toxi, Chem., 14, 907-915. https://doi.org/10.1897/1552-8618(1995)14[907:ACOSAT]2.0.CO;2
- Qureshi, A. A., K. W. Flood, Thompson, S. R., Janhurst, S. M., Innis, C. S., and Rokosh, D. A., 1982, Comparison of a luminescent bacterial test with other bioassays for determining toxicity of pure compounds and complex effluents, In: Aquatic Toxicity and Hazard Assessment: FifthConference, ASTM S7P 766, 179-195.