- Volume 6 Issue 4
The structural safety required in general design is to be proved with safety factors provided for structural members in elastic range. But, for the safety requirement in the earthquake resistant design, a specific ductile failure mechanism in plastic range should be verified according to the structural configuration. Therefore such verifications should be done in the preliminary design stage by comparing various design alternatives. In the main design stage only a confirmation of the ductile failure mechanism is required. In this study typical roadway bridges are selected and analysis models are presented for the preliminary and main design. For the two models, vibration periods and mode shapes are compared and the multi-mode spectrum method is applied to determine failure mechanisms. The failure mechanisms obtained with the two models are compared to check the properness of the model used for the preliminary design, which may well be used as an earthquake resistant analysis model in practice.
- 건설교통부, 도로교설계기준(6장 내진설계편), 한국도로교통협회, 2000.
- Clough, R. W. and Penzien, J., Dynamics of Structures, McGraw-Hall Kogakusha, Ltd., 1975.
- Chopra, A. K., Dynamics of Structures, Prentice-Hall, Inc., 1955.
- 한국도로공사, 고속도로 교량의 내진설계편람, 2000.
- BERGER/ABAM Engineers Inc., Seismic Design Course, National Technical Information Service, 1996.
- Wilson, E. L. and Habibullah, SAP2000 - A Series of Computer Programs for the Finite Element Analysis of Structures, Computers and Structures Inc., Berkeley, California, 1995.
- 건설교통부, 콘크리트표준시방서, 대한토목학회, 2000.
- 이석종, RC Ghost99-PM diagram, 1999.