- Volume 12 Issue 3
This paper draws the determinants of National Health Expenditures(min) and collectivizes OECD countries which are positioned by same conditions using the decision tree analysis. Major findings are summarized as follows. We find that the power of influence of income level on NHE has been 58.35% in 1985, 65.37% in 1990, 66.90% in 1995, and 66.47% in 1997. The power of influence of public share in NHE has been on the increase during that period: 19.50% in 1985, 19.91% in 1990, 22.81% in 1995 and 26.88% in 1997. The two factors(income level, public share) tells for the most part of NHE: 77.85% in 1985, 85.28% in 1990, 89.71% in 1995, 93.35% in 1997. Our results support the hypothesis that NHE could be explained mostly by the income level and show that public share is negatively correlated with the growth of NHE.
national health expenditure;determinants of medical expenditure;decision tree analysis
- Hitris, T., and Posnet.. The Determinants and Effects of Health expenditure in Developed Countries. Journal of Health Economics 1992; 11: 173-181. https://doi.org/10.1016/0167-6296(92)90033-W
- 양봉민. 보건경제학. 나남출판, 1999.
- OECD. OECD Health Data 1999. 1999.
- Gerdtham, U. G., J. Sogaard, F. Andersson, and B. Jonsson. An Econometric Analysis of Health Care Expenditure: A Cross-Section Study of the OECD Countries. Journal of Health Economics 1992; 11(1); 63-84. https://doi.org/10.1016/0167-6296(92)90025-V
- Ingram B.L. and R.S. Chung. Client Satisfaction Data and Quality Improvement Planning in Managed Mental Health Care Organizations. Health Care Management Review 1997; 22(3): 40-52. https://doi.org/10.1097/00004010-199707000-00005
- Margues, P.R., A.S. Tippetts, R.B. Voas and D.J. Beirness. Predicting Repeat DUI offenses with the Alcohol Interlock Recorder. Accident Analysis and Prevention 2001; 33: 609-19. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0001-4575(00)00074-9
- Newhouse, J. P. Medical Care Expenditure: a cross-national survey. Journal of Human Resources 1977; 12: 115-125. https://doi.org/10.2307/145602
- Parkin, D. Comparing Health Service Efficiency Across Countries. Oxford Review of Economic Policy 1989; 5: 75-88. https://doi.org/10.1093/oxrep/5.1.75
- Kass, G. An Exploratory Technique for Investigating Large Quantities of Categorical Data. Applied Statistics 1980; 29(2): 119-29. https://doi.org/10.2307/2986296
- OECD. Health Resources and Utilization Statistics Tables and Charts. DEELSA/ELSA/WP1/HS(2000)2/ANN, 2000.
- Vasudeva, Murthy N.R., and Victor Ukpolo. Aggregate Health Care Expenditure in the United states: Evidence from Cointegration Tests. Applied Economics 1994; 26: 797-802. https://doi.org/10.1080/00036849400000094
- 정영호, 이견직, 강성욱. 국민의료비 산출모형 개발 및 추계. 보건복지부.한국보건사회연구원, 2000
- 최종후, 한상태, 강현철, 김은석. 데이터마이닝 의사결정나무분석. SPSS아카데미, 1998.
- Hansen, P., and A. King. The Determinants of Health care Expenditure: A Cointegration Approach. Journal of Health Economics 1996; 15: 127-137. https://doi.org/10.1016/0167-6296(95)00017-8
- The Association between Health Examination and Personal Medical Cost through Panel Survey vol.24, pp.1, 2014, https://doi.org/10.4332/KJHPA.2014.24.1.35