- Volume 16 Issue 4
This paper is to find optimum design of plane framed structures with discrete variables. Global search algorithms for this problem are Genetic Algorithms(GAs), Simulated Annealing(SA) and Shuffled Complex Evolution(SCE), and hybrid methods (GAs-SA, GAs-SCE). GAs and SA are heuristic search algorithms and effective tools which is finding global solution for discrete optimization. In particular, GAs is known as the search method to find global optimum or near global optimum. In this paper, reinforced concrete plane frames with rectangular section and steel plane frames with W-sections are used for the design of discrete optimization. These structures are designed for stress constraints. The robust and effectiveness of Genetic Algorithms are demonstrated through several examples.
- 대한토목학회논문집 v.19 no.Ⅰ-6 규격부재를 사용한 뼈대구조물의 이산최적화 김봉익
- 전산구조공학회지 v.8 no.2 실수형 Genetic Algorithm에 의한 최적설계 김기화;양영순
- Journal of Structural Engineering v.117 no.6 Optimal Steel Frame Design by Simulated Annealing Balling, R.J. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(1991)117:6(1780)
- Journal of structural Engineering v.123 no.2 Optimization of Reinforced Concrete Frames Balling, R.J.;Yao, X https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(1997)123:2(193)
- FORTRAN Genetic Algorithm Driver Carroll, D.L.
- Structural Optimization v.5 An Optimality Criteria Algorithms for Tall Steel Building Design Using Commercial Standard Sections Chan, C.M. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01744692
- Journal of Optimization Theory and Application v.76 no.3 Shuffled Complex Evolution for Effective and Efficient Global Minimization Duan, Q.Y.;Gupta, V.K.;Sorooshian, S. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00939380
- Genetic Algorithms in Search, Optimization, and Machine Learning Goldberg, E.
- Adaptation in Natural and Artificial Systems Holland, J.H.
- Journal of the Structural Engineering v.118 no.11 Plane Frame Optimum Design Environment Based on Genetic Algorithm Jenkins, W.M. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(1992)118:11(3103)
- Science v.220 no.4598 Optimization by Simulated Annealing Kickpatrick, C.;Gelatt, C.D.;Vecchi, M.P. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.220.4598.671
- Journal of Structural Engineering v.123 no.2 Effective Move Limits for Approximate Structural Optimization Kirsch, U. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(1997)123:2(210)
- Journal of Structural Engineering v.123 no.3 Standardization of Steel Pole Design Using Discrete Optimization Kocer, F.Y.;Arora, J.S. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(1997)123:3(345)
- Proceedings of the Fourth East Asia-Pacific Conference on Structural Engineering and Construction Optimization of Reinforced Concrete Structures on the Basis of the Principle of Divided Parameters Krakovski, M.B.;Park, S.K.
- Journal of Structural Engineering v.118 no.5 Discrete Optimization of Structures Using Genetic Algorithm Rajeev S.;Krishnamoorthy, C.S. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(1992)118:5(1233)