- Volume 11 Issue 6
Anaerobic/aerobic reactor system was used to treat a synthetic wastewater with glucose as carbon sources(0.38~2.29 kg COD/m3.day) and Acid Red 14(1.05 "24.00 g Acid Red 141m3.day, color degree of 570 ~ 1710). COD removal efficiency by the anaerobic stage in operation period were above 90 % organic loading rate of 0.38 ~ 2.29 kg COD/m3.day(except, adaptation period) and the removal efficiency of the whole system were above 96 %. The decolorization of the Acid Red 14 was through the alteration of the dye structure(or cleavage of the Azo bond) during the anaerobic treatment. In the A/A system, the anaerobic stage played an essential role in removing both color and COD. In addition it also improves biodegradability of dye f3r further aerobic treatment. After operation, average MLSS concentration of anaerobic sludge reactor, anaerobic fixed-bed reactor and aerobic fixed-bed reactor were 17100mg/L, 20000mg/L, and 10000mg/L, respectively.
Anaerobic/aerobic system;Acid Red 14;decolorization;COD removal;dye wastewater
- APHA, AWWA, WPCF, 1992, Standard method for the examination of water and wastewater, 18th ed.
- An H., Qian, Yand Gu, X., and W. Z., Tang, 1996, Biological treatment of dye wastewater using an anaerobic-oxic system, Chemosphere, 33(2), 2533-2542. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0045-6535(96)00349-9
- 박영식, 안갑환, 2001, 세라믹 담체를 이용한 안료폐수의 호기성 처리, 한국환경과학회지, 10(4), 281-286.
- 이종현, 이현준, 김영규, 박태주, 1999, Fenton산화와 활성슬러지를 연계한 공정에서 전처리 Fenton 산화가 안료폐수의 유기물과 색도제거에 미치는 영향, 대한환경 공학회지, 21(8), 1547-1554.
- Pasti-Grigsby, M. B., A. Paszczynski, S. Goszczynski, D. L. Crawford, and R. L. Crawford, 1992, Influence of anaerobic substitution patterns on Azo dye degradability by streptomyces spp, and Phanerochaete Chrysosorium, Appl, Environ. Microbiol., 3605-3613.
- Shaul, G., C. Dempsey, and K. Dostal, 1988, Fate of water soluble Azo dyes in the activated sludge process, EPAl600/S2-88/030, US EPA Water Engineering Research Laboratory, Cincinnati, OH.
- Harmer, C., and P. Bishop, 192, Transformation of Azo dye AO-7 by wastewater biofilms, Wat. Sci. Tech, 36(3/4), 627-636.
- 장원석, 윤태일, 박대원, 1998, 제올라이트를 매질로 사용한 BAF공법에 의한 염색폐수 처리, 대한환경공학회지, 20(5), 723-734.
- Haw, C. S., S. K Tseng, C. Y. Yan, Z. Kulik, and G. Lettinga, 1998, Biosorption of longchain fatty acids in UASB treatment process, Wat. Res., 32, 1571. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0043-1354(97)00352-7
- Flores, E. R., M. Luijten, B. Donlon, G. Lettinga, and J Feild, 1997, Biodegradation of selected Azo dyes under methanogenic conditions, Wat. Sci. Tech., 36(6/7), 65-72.
- Easton, J. R., 1995, The dye maker's view, In: Cooper P.(ed) Colour in dyehouse effluent, Society of Dyers and Colourists, the Alden Pres, Oxford, 9-21.
- Hans, G. K., F. Klausener, U. Meyer, B. Ludeke, and T. Leisinger, 1983, Influence of aromatic sulfo groups in the microbial degradation of the Azo dyes Orange 1 and Orange 2, Arch. Microbio., 135, 1-7. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00419473
- Field, J. A., A. J. M. Starns, M. Kato, and G. Scbraa, 1995, Enhanced biodegradation of aromatic pollutants in co-cultures of anaerobic and aerobic bacterial consortia, Antonie van Leeuwenhoek, 67, 47-77. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00872195
- Kim, Y. G., 1999, Treatment od Azo dye wastewater by anaerobic biofilm process and activated sludge., Ph. D. Thesis, Dept. of Env. Eng., Pusan National University, Korea, 167-170.
- Bishop, P. L. and S. W., Fitzgerald, 1995, Two stage anaerobic treatment of sulfonated Azo dyes, J. Environ. Sci. Health, A30(6), 1251-1276.
- Pagga, U. and D. Brown, 1987, The degradation of dyestuffs : part II - behaviour of dyestuffs biodegradation tests, Chemosphere, 16, 1539. https://doi.org/10.1016/0045-6535(87)90094-4