- Volume 38 Issue 1
We studied the fishing ground of a yellowtail and oceanographic conditions around Chujado and Marado around Jeju Island from autumn to winter. Also we investigate the forming mechanism of fishing ground around Marado, which shows the best catch of yellowtail near Jeju island. The obtained results are summarized as follow ; 1. When the high temperature water about 15.0∼19.0 in depth of 50m distributed around Chujado and Marado, the fishing ground of Yellowtail is shows a good catch. On the contrary, when the low temperature water about 11.0∼14.0 is shows a poor catch. 2. Fishing grounds of yellowtail by handline fishing are formed with a school of Yellowtail migrating southward from the coastal sea of Korea and slaying around Marado to winter and spawn due to following factors. Firstly, a front of temperature and salinity is formed between inshore water and oceanic water around Marado. Secondly, small-size eddies and excellent horizontal and vortical mix which is created by strong tide and geographical features including irregular underwater ground and an isolated island. An abundant school of yellow tails stays in front of the tide where a good fishing ground was made.
- Uda, Mititaka and Honda, Koiti (1934) : The catch of KeddIe Nets in two fishing grounds on the coasts of Nagasaki Prefecture and Idu Peninsula, Nippon Suisan Gakkaishi, 2(5), 263-271. https://doi.org/10.2331/suisan.2.263
- Kitahara, Takeru and Hara, Noriyuki (1990) : An abundance index of immigrants in exploited migratory populations, Nippon Suisan Gakkaishi. 56(12), 1927-1931. https://doi.org/10.2331/suisan.56.1927
- Kim, Sang-Ryan (1996) : Studies on the assembling mechanism of the Hairtail, Trichiurus lepturus, at the fishing ground of the Cheju Strait, Ph. D. Thesis, Cheju National Univ., 1-168.
- 江波澄雄(1975) : 對馬暖流, 水産學シリ-ズ, 5, 69-114.
- 한국과학기술원 해양연구소 (1987) : 해양생물 생태자료집, 82-88.
- Rho, Hong-kil (1985) : Studies on marine environment of fishing grounds in the water around jeju Island, Ph. D. Thesis, Univ. of Tokyo, 1-215.
- 국립수산진흥원(1994) : 연근해 주요어종의 생태와 어장, 137-142.
- 橋本 寬 (1998) : 暖流と水溫分布およびブリ漁獲量との關係, 日本海區水産硏究所報告, 38, 101-125.
- 日本海區水産硏究所, ほか20機關 (1970) : モジャコ採源に及に影響ぼす關する硏究報告書(續報), 99.
- Murayama , Tatsuro (1992) : Migration of young Yellow tail in the Japan Sea estimated from tagging experiments, Nippon Suisan Gakkaishi, 58(3), 417-426. https://doi.org/10.2331/suisan.58.417
- Hara, Noriyuki (1990b) : An abundance index of Yellow tail immigrating into the sea of Japan and Its yearly variation, Nippon Suisan Gakkaishi, 56(1), 25-30. https://doi.org/10.2331/suisan.56.25
- 三谷文夫 (1960) : ブリの漁業生物學的硏究, 近大農紀要, 1, 81-300.
- Hara, Noriyuki (1990c) : Yearly fluctuations of young Yellow tail catch in the coastal area of the sea of Japan, Nippon Suisan Gakkaishi. 56(12), 1933-1939.
- Han, Hi-Soo and Lee, Bo-Hweng (1974) : On shoals of the Yellow tail migrating to the East Sea of Korea, Bull. Fish. Res. Dev. Agency, 12, 27-36.
- 日本海區水産硏究所, ほか20機關 (1966) : モジャコ採源に及に影響ぼす關する硏究報告書, 99.
- Mitani, Fumio(1959) : On shoals of the Yellow tail, Seriola quinqueradiata T. & S., migrating to the Tsushima Island, Bull. Japanese Soc. Sci. Fish. 24(11), 888-892. https://doi.org/10.2331/suisan.24.888
- 宇田道隆 (1964) : 海洋漁場學, 水産學全集, 16, 102-260.
- Hara, Noriyuki (1990a) : An abundance index of Yellow tail immigrating into the sea of Japan and Its yearly variation, Nippon Suisan Gakkaishi, 56(1), 19-24. https://doi.org/10.2331/suisan.56.19
- Nakao, T. (1977) : Oceanic variablity in relation to fisheries in the East China Sea and Yellow Sea, J. Fac. Mar. Sci. Tech., Tokai. Univ., Japan, Spec. P. 190-367.
- Kim, In-Ok and Rho, Hong-Kil(1994) : A study on China Coastal Water appered in the neighbouring sea of Cheju Island, Bull. Korean Fish. Soc., 27, 515-528.
- 村山達郞 (1991) : 日本海におけるブリの資源生態に關する硏究, 博士學位論文, 東都大學, 東都, 1-108.