- Volume 38 Issue 1
Biomass distribution of zooplankton showed its lowest level in June in the Cheju Strait, and the highest one was noticed in November when the secondary productivity is considered high. The highest biomass of zooplankton appeared in the sea areas of Sta. 14 and 11 respectively with relation to oceanographic conditions and wet weight of biomass. The positions were the center part of the Cheju Strait, while the sea area of the South Sea of Korea and the northern coast of Cheju Island showed relatively low biomass distribution. The characteristic of the sea area where biomass was densely distributed was it was in patch shape. Meanwhile, biomass distribution was higher in the northern sea area of Cheju Island than In the coastal sea of the South Sea of Korea. It shows formation of hairtail fishing grounds is closely related to biomass distribution in the Cheju Strait. In addition, high biomass is displayed in the center part of the saddle shaped ocean, a boundary of the heterogeneous water mass as a feature of fall oceanographic condition. Good fishing grounds of a hairtail In the Cheju Strait were formed outside of the sea area that showed patch-shaped high biomass distribution.
- Balls, R. (1951) : 'Environmental changes in herring behavior', J. Cons. Int. Explor. Mer. 17, 3.
- Go, Y. B. (1987) : Zooplankton community and biomass on the coast of Sincheon, southeastern part of Cheju Island, Bull. Mar. Res. Ins. Cheju National University, 11, 41-51(in Korean).
- 林 知夫(1970) : 漁類の生物生産に關與する諸要人としての攝餌選擇性, 日水誌, 36(3). 310-315.
- 심재형.노일 (1982) : 여수근해산 동물플랑크톤의 종조성과 양적분포, 서울대학교 기초과학연구소 논문집
- Kim, S. H. and Rho, H. K. (1997) : Characteristics of hydrographic conditions of the Cheju Strait in winter, Bull. Mar. Res. Ins. Cheju National University, 21, 65-73(in Korean).
- Cushing, D. H. (1982) : Climate and Fisheries, Academic Press Ltd.(London).
- 大森 信.淸野由己 (1993) : 駿河灣産タチウオtrichiurus lepturus Linnaeus によるサワうエビ Sergia lucens(Hasen)の 捕食, 水産海洋硏究, 57(1), 15-23.
- Kim, S. H. (1995) : Studies on the assembling mechanism of the Hairtail, Trichiurus lepturus, at the fishing ground of the Cheju Strait, Ph. D. Thesis, Cheju National Univ., 168 (in Korean).
- 阪本俟雄 (1982): 紀伊水道におけるサクチウオの漁業生物學的硏究, 和歌山縣水産試驗場, 113.
- 鈴木 淸.木村淸志 (1980) : 態野灘におけるクチウオの資源生物學的硏究, 三重大學水産硏究報告, 第7號, 173-192.
- Kim, S. H. and Rho, H. K. (1998) : A study on the assembling mechanism of the Hairtail, Trichiurus lepturus, at the fishing grounds of the Cheju Strait, Bull. Korean Soc. Fish. Tech 34(2), 117-l34(in Korean).
- Hjort, J. and Rund, J. T. (1929) : Whaling and Fishing in the North Atlantic, Rapp. Proces-Verb. Cons. Int. Explor. Mer. 56(1), 123.
- Cushing, D. H. (1978) : 'The upper trophic levels in upwelling areas', 101- 110. In Upwelling Ecosystems. (ed. B. Boje and M. Tomczak), Springer, Berlin. 303.
- Cushing, D. H. (1952) : Echo-surveys of fish, J. Cons. Int. Explor. Mer. 18, 45-60. https://doi.org/10.1093/icesjms/18.1.45
- Hardy, A. C. and Gunter, E. R. (1935) : The plankton of the South Georgia Whaling grounds and adjacent waters, 1926-1927. Discovery Rep. 11, 1-456.
- Cushing, D. H. (1955) : 'Production and a Pelagic Fishery', Fish. Invest. Lond. Ser. 2, 18(7), 104.
- Kim, Y. S. (1972) : Secular variation of zooplankton biomass 10 the South Sea of Korea, J. Korean Fish. Soc., 5(4) : 108-114.
- Age and Growth of Largehead Hairtail Trichiurus lepturus in the East China Sea vol.44, pp.6, 2011, https://doi.org/10.5657/KFAS.2011.0695
- Oceanographic Conditions in the Neighboring Seas of Cheju Island and the Appearance of Low Salinity Surface Water in May 2000 vol.37, pp.2, 2004, https://doi.org/10.5657/kfas.2004.37.2.148