- Volume 38 Issue 1
The intergenic spacer (IGS) region of the ribosomal DNA of species in Fusarium section Liseola was analyzed by amplification and subsequent digestion with several restriction enzymes. The length of the amplified IGS region was about 2.6 Kb in all strains except F.moniliforme 12 Which was about 2.9 Kb. The enzymes, EcoRI, HincII, SalI, HindIII, PstI and SmaI, digested the IGS region and nine haplotypes were identified among 11 strains. In the dendrogram based on PCR-RFLP of IGS region combined the results of section Liseola in this study and section Elegans in previous study, variation in the IGS appears to offer considerable potential to resolve intraspecific relationship as well as interspecies or intersection.
- MPMI v.9 Relationships among pathogenic and nonpathogenic isolates of Fusarium oxysporum based on the partial sequence of the intergenic spacer region of the ribosomal DNA Appel, D.J.;T.R. Gordon https://doi.org/10.1094/MPMI-9-0125
- Q. Rew. Biol. v.66 Ribosomal DNA: molecular evolution and phylogenetic inference Hills, M.D.;M.T. Dixon https://doi.org/10.1086/417338
- Genomics v.27 Complete sequence of the 43Kb human ribosomal DNA repeat: analysis of the intergenic spacer Gonzalez, I.L.;J.E. Sylvestei https://doi.org/10.1006/geno.1995.1049
- New Phytol. v.122 Rapid identification of genetic variation of Ectomycorrhizal fungi by amplification of ribosomal RNA genes Henrion, B.;F. LeTacon;F. Martin https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1469-8137.1992.tb04233.x
- Genetics v.143 A genetic map of Gibberella fujikuroi mating population A (Fusarium moniliforme) Xu, Jin-rong;J.F. Lesle
- Exp. Mycol. v.19 Intraspecific variation within populations of Fusarium oxysporum based on RELP analysis of the intergenic spacer region of the rDNA Appel, D.J.;T.R. Gordon https://doi.org/10.1006/emyc.1995.1014
- Mycologia v.74 Varieties of Gibberella fujikeuroi with anamorphs in Fusarium section Liseola Kuhlman, E.G. https://doi.org/10.2307/3792862
- Fusarium mycotoxins, taxonomy and pathogenicity Identification of Fusaria occuring in Europe on cereals and potatoes Nirenberg, H.I.;J. Chelkowski(ed.)
- Phytopathol. v.55 Current status of taxonomy in Fusarium species and their perfect stages Synder, W.C;Y.A. Toussoun
- K. J. Microbiol. v.35 Study of electrophoretic Karyotype in section Liseola Fusarium Min, B.R.;M.S. Ahn;Y.K. Choi
- Fungal Genet. Biol. v.29 The complete DNA sequence of the nuclear ribosomal RNA gene complex of Verticillium dahliae: Intraspecific heterogeneity within the intergence spacer region Paraskevi, V.P.;P.P. Antonion;M.A. Typas https://doi.org/10.1006/fgbi.1999.1178
- Mycoscience v.41 A multigene phylogeny of the Gibberella fujikuroi species complex:detection of additional phylogenetieilly distinct species O'Donell, K.;H.I. Nirenberg;T. Aoki;E. Cigelnik https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02464387
- The genus Fusarium Booth, C.
- Mycologia v.86 Electrophoretic Karyotypes difference between two subspecies of Fusarium acuminatum Nagy, R.;L. Hornok
- J. Gen. Microbiol. v.136 Restriction fragment length polymorphisms in isolates of Aspergillus fumigatus probed with part of the intergenic spacer region from the ribosomal RNA gene complex of Aspergillus nidulans Speradbury, C.L.;B.W. Bainbridage;J. Cohen https://doi.org/10.1099/00221287-136-10-1991
- Phytopathol. v.81 Current Status of Fusarium taxonomy Windels, C.E.
- Phytopathol. v.85 Genetic variation in Fusarium oxysporum from cyclamen Woudt, L.P.;A. Neuvel;A. Sikkema;M.Q.J.M. Van Grinsven;W.A.J. de Milliano;C.L. Campbell;J.F. Leslie https://doi.org/10.1094/Phyto-85-1348
- Phytopathol. v.80 Ribosomal DNA restriction fragmet length polymorphism in Rhizoctonia solani Vilgaly, S.R.;D. Gonzalez https://doi.org/10.1094/Phyto-80-151
- J. Microbiol. v.39 The variation of intergenic spacer (IGS) region of ribosomal DNA among Fusarium oxysporum formae speciales Kim, H.J.;Y.K. Choi;B.R. Min
- Appl. Environ. Microbiol. v.65 Genetic diversity of Fusarium oxysporum strains from common bean fieds in Spain Alves-Santos, F.M.;E.P. Benito;A.P. Eslava;J.M. Diaz-Minguez
- Phytopathol. v.87 Populations of nonpathogenic Fusarium oxysporum associated with roots of four plant species compared to soil born populations Edel, V.;C. Steinberg;N. Gautheron;C. Alabouvette https://doi.org/10.1094/PHYTO.1918.104.22.1683
- Mycoscience v.39 Identification of Armillaria species from Hokkaido by analysis of the intergenic spacer (IGS) retion of ribosomal DNA using PCR-RELPs Terashima, K.;Y. Kawashima;J.Y. Cha;K. Miura https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02464057
- Sydowia v.48 Ribosomal DNA analysis challenge the status of Fusarium Section Liseola and Elegans Waalwijk, C.;R.P. Baayen;J.R.A. De Koning;W. Gams
- Phytopathol. v.81 Mating populations in Gibberella fujikuroi (Fusarium section Liseola) Leslie, J.F.
- Fusarium species: An illustrated manual for identification Nelson, P.E.;T.A. Toussoum;W.F.O. Marasas
- Annu. Rev. Ecol. Syst. v.22 Fungal molecular systematics Bruns, T.D.;T.J. White;J.W. Taylor https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.es.22.110191.002521
- PCR protocols Amplification and direct sequencing of fungal ribosomal genes from phylogenetics White, T.T.;T.D. Bruns;S. Lee;J. Taylor;Innis M.A.(ed.);Gel frand D.H(ed.);Sninsky J.J.(ed.);White T.J.(ed)
- Mycologia v.90 Molecular systematics and phylogeoraphy of the Gibberella fujikuroi species complex O'Donell, K.;E. Cigelnik;H.I. Nirenberg https://doi.org/10.2307/3761407
- FEMS Microbio Lett. v.108 PCR amplification of the 3' external transcribed and intergenic spacers of the ribosomal DNA repeat unit in three species of Saccharomyces Molina, F.I.;S. Jong;J.L.Huffmen