- Volume 7 Issue 1
Electron spin resonance (ESR) spectroscopy was used to investigate the effect of irradiation dose and storage time on the free radical concentrations in gamma-irradiated dried seasoning powder. Seasoning powders of dried squid flavor, shrimp flavors, kimchi flavor, spicy beef soup flavor and soy sauce flavor were irradiated with doses of 0, 1, 3, 5, 7 and 9 kGy at room temperature using a Co-60 irradiator. Characteristic signals of free radicals were observed in all the irradiated samples of this experimental while these signals were not detected in non-irradiated samples. Since the free radical concentrations linearly increased with the applied doses (1~9 kGy), highly positive correlation coefficients (
ESR spectroscopy;irradiated dried seasoning powder;free radical concentrations
- J Food Sci v.38 Comparative effect of ethylene oxide, gamma irradiation and microwave treatments on selected spices Vajdi,M.;Pereira,R.R. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1973.tb02102.x
- Korean J Food Sci Technol v.30 Detection of post-irradiation of dry soup base ingredients in instant noddle by thermoluminescence technique Hwang,K.T.;Byun,M.W.;Wagner,U.;Dehne,L.I.
- Korean J Food Sci Technol v.30 Detection of irradiation treatment for seasoned-powdered food by thermoluminescence measurement Chung,H.W.;Kwon,J.H.
- Food Structure v.12 Luminescence techniques to identify the treatment of foods by ionizing irradiation Schreiber,G.A.;Ziegelmann,B.;Helle,N.;Bogl,K.W.
- Biochem Soc Symp v.61 Free radicals and food irradiation Dodd,N.J.F.
- J Sci Food Agric v.58 Application of electron paramagnetic resonance (EPR) spectroscopy for control of irradiated food Stachowicz,W.;Strzelczak Burlinska,G.;Michalik,J. https://doi.org/10.1002/jsfa.2740580316
- J Food Hygiene and Safety v.15 Identification of irradiated carbs by ESR spectrometry Nam,H.S.;Ly,S.Y.;Yang,J.S.
- Int J Food Sci. Technol v.27 Detection of irradiation-in scampi tails-effects of sample dose and storage on ESR resonance in the cuticle Stewart,E.M.;Stevenson,M.H.;Gray,R.