- Volume 18 Issue 1
One of bryozoans collected from the subtidal zone of Manjae Island on Aug. 23, 1988 was identified. Parasmittina delicatula (Busk, 1884) turned out to be new to the Korean fauna. Therefore, twelve bryozoan species are reported from Manjae Island so far. Ten species including the present one among them were recorded only from the Pacific Ocean. They consisted of four tropical, three cold temperate and four endemic species to Korea and Japan. It is quite probable that Manjae Island, which is influenced by both warm and cold water currents, seems to be unique and significant area in terms of marine zoogeography.
- Brit. Mus.(Nat. Hist.) The tertiary cheilostomatous Polyzoa of New Zealand Brown, D.A
- Zool. J. Linn. Soc. v.110 Notes on some species of Parasmittina Osburn, 1952(bryozoa:Chilostomata) Hayward.P.J.;S.A. Parker https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1096-3642.1994.tb01471.x
- Marine Fouling v.3 no.1 A Guide to identification of principal fouling organisms(5) Bryozoans Mawatari,S. https://doi.org/10.4282/sosj1979.3.85
- Zool. Chall. Exp. Report on the Polyzoa collected by H. M. S. Challenger during the years 1873-76, Part. 1. The Chilostomata Busk,G.
- Discovery Reports v.34 Plyzoa(Bryozoa) - Ascophora from north New Zealand Powell,N.A.
- Bull. Ame. Mus. Nat. Hist. v.152 no.6 Morphology and speciation of Hawaiian and eastern Pacific Smittinidae(Bryozoa, Ectoprodta) Soule,D.F.;J.D.Soule
- N. Z. Ocean. Lnst. Mem. v.91 The marine fauna of New Zealand: Bryozoa: Gymnolaemata from the Kermadec Ridge Gordon, D. P.
- Mar. B. v.14 Species of the Genus Parasmittina(Bryozoa, Ascophora) from Indian Waters. Menon, N. R. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00365784
- Korean J. Syst. Zool. v.8 no.1 A systematic study on the bryozoans from the South Sea in Korea Ⅰ. Cheilostomata Seo.J.E.
- N. Z. Ocean. Inst. Mem. v.97 The marine fauna of New Zealand: Gymnolaemata(Cheilostomatida Ascophorina) from the western south island continental shelf and slope Gordon,D.P.
- Jour. Kor. Res. Inst. Bet. Liv. v.36 Studies on the fouling animals in Wolsong and Sochon Song,J.I.
- Sato Mar. Bio. Lab. v.2 no.2 Bryozoa of Kii Peninsula Mawatari, S.
- N. Z. Oceanographic Institute v.107 Atlas of marine-fouling Bryozoa of New Zealand ports and harbours. Miscellaneous publication Gordon.D.J;S.F.Mawatari
- An introduction to benthic biota on rocky bottoms in the southern coast of Korea An introduction to benthic biota on rocky bottoms in the southern coast of Korea Kordi
- Korea. Korean J. Syst. Zool. v.16 no.2 New record of two ascophoran species(Bryozoa, Cheilostomata) from Manjae Island Sed.J.E.