- Volume 18 Issue 1
Geographic Variation and Genetic Diversity between Polluted and Unpolluted Sites of Korean Littorina brevicula(Gastropoda, Littorinidae) Based on the Mitochondrial Cytochrome b Gene Sequence
미토콘드리아 Cytochrome b 유전자의 염기서열 분석을 이용한 한국산 총알고둥(복족강, 총앙고둥과)의 지리적 변이 및 오염.비오염지역간의 유전적 다양성
- Suh, Jae-Hwa (Dept. Biological Science, Ewha Womans University/ LMO Evaluation Team, Biodiversity Center, National Institute of Environmental Research) ;
- Kim, Sook-Jung (Dept. Biological Science, Ewha Womans University) ;
- Song, Jun-Im (Dept. Biological Science, Ewha Womans University)
- Published : 2002.04.01
MtDNA cyt b gene was used to investigate the geographic variation of 11 populations (106 individuals) of the planktonic developing, periwinkle Littorina brevicula, throughout Eastern, Western, and Southern coastal regions in Korea. The sequence of 500 base pairs and 13 different haplotypes were determined. Haplotype LbA was predominated through the populations studied with frequence of 0.877. Haplotypes were shown different frequencies in each coastal region (0.82, 0.90, and 1.00, respectively). enetic analysis of the 61 individuals of L. brevicula from the polluted and unpolluted sites yielded 8 distinct haplotypes. Haplotype LbA also was most common, and it was shared by 0.872 of frequency among specimens.
- Natural History and Evolution Molecular Markers Avis,J.C.
- Australia v.113 No genetic differentiation of giant clam(Tridacna gigas) populations in the Great Barrier Reef Benzie,J.A.H.;S.T.Williams
- J. Exper. Mar. Biol. Ecol. v.246 Large scale population structure and gene flow in the planktonic developing periwinkle, Lottorina striata, in Macaronesia(Mollusca: Gastropoda) de Wolf,H.D.;T.Backeljau;R.Verhagen https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-0981(99)00177-X
- Korean J. Environ. Biol. v.15 An analysis of invertebrate community at the tidal and subtidal zone in Onsan Bay regard to the effect of pollution Rho,B.J.;B.L.Choe;J.I.Song;K.S.Park;I.S.Lee;J.K.Park
- Proceedings of the first international Symposium on Abalone, Abalone of the world-biology,Fisheries and Culture Population and genetics, gene flow, and stock structure in Haliotis rubra and Haliotis Laevigata Brown,L.D.;N.D.Murray;Shepperd,S.A.(ed);Tegner,M.J.(ed);Guzman del proo,S.A(ed)
- Fingerprinting Methods Based on Arbitrarily Primed PCR. Springer-Verlag Fingerprinting Methods Based on Arbitrarily Primed PCR. Springer-Verlag Mecheli,M.R.;R.Bova
- Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. v.92 Strong natural selection causes microscale allozyme variation in a marine snail Johannesson,K.;B.Johannesson;U.Lundgren https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.92.7.2602
- Sci. Total Environ. v.30 Assesment of metal pollution in Onsan Bay, Korea using Asian periwinkle Littorina brevicula as a biomonitor Kang,S.G.;M.S.Choi;I.S.Oh;D.A.Wright;C.H.Koh
- Quart. Rev. Biol. v.74 dispersal, gene flow, and population structure Bohonak,A.J https://doi.org/10.1086/392950
- Korean J. Biol. Sci. v.4 Geographic variation of Granulilttorina exigua(Littorinidae, Gastropoda) in Korea based of the mitochondrial cytochrome b gene sequence Song,J.I.;J.H.Suh;S.J.Kim https://doi.org/10.1080/12265071.2000.9647555
- Mar. Biol. v.137 Comparative population genetic structure of marive garstropods(Littorina spp.) with and without pelagic larval dispersal Kyle,C.J.;E.G.Boulding https://doi.org/10.1007/s002270000412
- Sci. Total Eviron. v.263 Baseline metal concentration in the Asian periwinkle Littorina brevicula employed as a biomonitor to assess metal pollution in Korean coastal water kan,S.G.;D.A.Wright;C.H.Koh https://doi.org/10.1016/S0048-9697(00)00695-1
- Korean J. Ecol. v.19 The concentrations of heavy metals in sediment, seawater and oyster(Crassostrea gigas) in coastal region of industrial complex in Korea Lee,L.S.;B.J.Rho;J.I.Song;E.J.Kim
- Life History and Biogeography:Patterns in Conus Life History and Biogeography:Patterns in Conus Kohn,A.J.;E.E.perron
- heredity v.75 Neighbourbood size and the importance of barriers to gene flow in an intertidal snail Johnson,M.S.;R.Black https://doi.org/10.1038/hdy.1995.117
- Environ. Toxicol. Chem. v.19 Tolerance and genetic relatedness of three meiobenthic Copepod populations exposed to sediment-associated contaminant mixture:role of environmentla history Kovatch,C.E.;N.V.Schizas;G.T.Chandler;B.C.Coull;J.M.Quattro https://doi.org/10.1002/etc.5620190418
- Paleiobiology v.6 Influence of larval dispersal and geographic distribution on species longevity in neogastropods Hansen,T.A.
- Nucleic Acids. Res. v.22 CLUSTAL W:Inproving the sensitivity of progressive multiple sequence alignment through sequence weighting, position, specific gap penalties and weight matrix choice Thompson,D.L;D.G.Higgins;T.J.Gibson https://doi.org/10.1093/nar/22.22.4673
- Korea. Korean J. Ecol. v.20 Distribution of heavy metals in the sediments and periwinkles(Littorina brevicula) of Onsan Bay Song,M.Y.;B.L.Choe;K.S.Park;I.S.Lee
- Molecular Zoolohy Adances, Strategies and Protocols Macrospatial genetic structure and speciation in marine taxa with high dispersla abilities Palumbi,S.R.
- Proc. R. Soc.(Ser B) v.257 Parallels between island suggests selection on mitochondrial-DNA and morphology Malhotra,A.;R.S.Thorpe https://doi.org/10.1098/rspb.1994.0091
- Mar. Bio. v.126 Loss of genetic diversity in Harpacticoida near offshore platforms Street,G.T;P.A.Montagna https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00347452
- Version 1.01. Pennsylvania State Univ. MEGA. Molecular evolutionary genetics analysis Kumar,S.;K.Tamura;M.Nei
- Mar. Ecol. Prog. Ser. v.162 Population genetic structure of the great scallop Pecten maximus(L.) in the northern Irish Sea investigated by randomly amplified polymorphic DNA Heipel,D.A.;J.D.D.Bishop;A.R.Brand;J.P.Thorpe https://doi.org/10.3354/meps162163
- Littorina subrotundata. Proc. R. Soc. Lond(Ser B). v.265 Molecular genetic enidence for parallel evolution in a marine gastropod Kyle,C.J.;E.G.Boulding
- Proceedings of the 10th International Bryozoology Conference On the geographic distribution of cheilostomate Bryozoa in Korean waters Seo,J.E.
- Systematics and evolution of Littorina Systematics and evolution of Littorina Reid,D.G.
- Heredity v.81 Congruence between allozyme and RAPD data in assessing macrogeographical genetic variation in the periwinkle Littorina striata(mollusca, Gastropoda) de Wolf,H.D.;T.Backeljau;R.Verhagen https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2540.1998.00433.x
- Mar. Ecol. Prog. Ser. v.163 Spatio-temporal genetic structure and gene flow between two distinct shell morphs of the planktonic deneloping perisinkle Littorina striata(Mollusca:Prosobranchia) de Wolf,H.D.;T.Backeljau;R.Verhagen https://doi.org/10.3354/meps163155
- Veliger v.38 Genetic heterogeneity in populations of Lirrorina brevicula(Philippi)(Mollusca:Gastropoda) in the northern part of peter the great Bay(sea of Japan) Tararenkov,A.N.
- Biol. J. Linn. Soc. v.29 Genetic diversity and resistance to marine pollution:theory and practice Nevo,E.;R.Noy;B.lavie;A.Beiles;S.Muchtar https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1095-8312.1986.tb01828.x
- Korea. Bull. Environ. Contam. Toxicol. v.63 Amylase polymorphism of Littorina brevicula from poputed and unpolluted sites Park,K.S.;J.I.Song;B.L.Choe;S.J.Kim https://doi.org/10.1007/s001289901027
- Annu. Rev. Ecol. Syst. v.25 Genetic divergence, reproductive isolation and marine speciation Palumbi,S.R. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.es.25.110194.002555
- Biological Journal of the Linnean Society v.47 Genetic variability and large scale differentiation in two species of littorinid gastropods with planktotrophic development. Littorina littorea(L.) and Melarhaphe(Littorina) neritoides(L.)(prosobranchia:Littorinacea). with notes on a mass occurrence of M. neritoides in Sweden Johannesson,K. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1095-8312.1992.tb00671.x
- Ann. Rev. Ecol. Syst. v.18 Evolution of animal mitochondrial DNA: relevance for population biology and systematics Moritz,C.;T.E.Dowling;W.M.Brown https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.es.18.110187.001413
- Evolution v.51 Allozyme variation in a snail(littorina saxatilis)-deconfounding the effects of microhabitat and gene flow Johannesson,K.;A.Tatarenkov https://doi.org/10.2307/2411112