- Volume 18 Issue 1
Some siphonophores and scyphomedusae were collected from the coasts of Hoopo(Sea of Japan) and Geojedo Island, Changson(Korea Strait) in Korea respectively. They identified into Porpita umbella O. F. Muller, 1776 of the order Siphonophora in the Hydrozoa and Dactylometra quinquecirrha L. Agassiz, 1862 of the Semaeostomeae in the Scyphozoa. P. umbella looks like a bule button. It's chitinous float is light brown and the other body protions are turquoise blue. D. quinquecirrha has four long curtain-like oral lobes which are highly flexible and ornamented with numerous nematocyst warts, and 32 radiating reddish brown stripes upon exumbrella. The Siphonophora is reported for the first time and three scyphomedusae are reported in Korea so far.
- Contribution to the Natural History of the United States of America v.4 Contribution to the Natural History of the United States of America Agassiz, L.
- Korean J. Syst. Zool. v.16 First records of two scyphomedusae(Cnidaria: Scyphozoa) in Korea Park,J.H.
- Milit. Med. v.124 Tropical jellyfish and other marine stingings Southcott,R.V.
- Saunders Colleges Pub. Invertebrates Kozloff,E.N.
- Nord. Plankt. v.XI Acrapedae Gegenbauer 1865 Vanhoffen. E.
- Saunders College Pub. Invertebrate Zoology Ruppert,E.E;R.D.Barnes(외 6인 저)
- Boston Soc. Nat. Hist. v.7 Fauna of New England 12: list of the medusae Craspedotae, Siphonophorae, Scyphomedusae, Ctenophorae Bigelow,H.B.
- Amer. Fish. Soc., Special. Pub. v.22 Common and scientific names of aquatic invetebrates from the United States and Canada:Cnidaria and Ctenophora Cairns,S.D;D.R.Calder;A.Brinckmann-Voss;C.B.Castro;P.R.Pugh;C.E.Cutress;W.C.Japp;D.G.Hautin;R.J.Larson:G.R.Harbison;m.N.Arai;D.M.Opresko
- Trans. Sapporo nat. Hist. Soc. v.14 Remarks on the scyphomedusan family Pelagiidae Uchida,T.
- Sci. Rep. Tohoku Univ. v.2 Report on the biological survey of Mutsu Bay. 2. Mecusae of Mutsu Bay Uchida, T.
- J. mar. biol. Ass. U. K v.40 Synopsis of the medusae of the world Kramp,P.L
- J. Shiga Prefectural Junior College v.2 no.4 A report on Japanese siphonophores with special references to new and rare species Kawamura, T.
- Carnegie. Inst. Medusae of the world Ⅲ. The scyphomedusae Mayer,A.G.
- Sea Challengers and Monterey Bay Aquarium Pub. Pacific coast pelagic invetebrates. A guide to the common gelatinous animals Wrobel, D;C.Mills
- Rept. sci. results H.M.S. Challenger,Zool. v.28 Report on the siphonophorae collected by H.M.S. Chanllenger during the years 1873-1876 Haeckel, E.
- Sci. Rep. Tohoku Univ. v.8 Report on the biological survey of Mutsu Bay. 32. Medusae from Mutsu Bay(revised report) Uchida, T.