- Volume 15 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Effect of Different Seasons on Cross-Bred Cow Milk Composition and Paneer Yield in Sub-Himalayan Region
- Sharma, R.B. (Department of Livestock Products Technology, College of Veterinary and Animal Sciences CSK-HPKV) ;
- Kumar, Manish (Department of Livestock Products Technology, College of Veterinary and Animal Sciences CSK-HPKV) ;
- Pathak, V. (Department of Livestock Products Technology, College of Veterinary and Animal Sciences CSK-HPKV)
- Received : 2001.03.07
- Accepted : 2001.12.04
- Published : 2002.04.01
The study was designed to evaluate the seasonal influences on cross-bred cow milk composition and paneer yield in Dhauladhar mountain range of sub-himalayan region. Fifty samples from each season were collected from a herd of
- Sharma, R. B., M. P. Gupta and J. L. Ogra. 1995. Sensory quality of chhana prepared from goat milk using different coagulants, concentrations and temperatures. Small Ruminant Res. 17:187-192. https://doi.org/10.1016/0921-4488(95)00655-5
- Sharma, R. B., M. P. Gupta and J. L. Ogra. 1998. Factors affecting yield and chemical quality of goat milk chhana. Small Ruminant Res. 27:257-262. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0921-4488(97)00054-0
- Kosikowski, F. V. 1982. Cheese and fermented milk foods. Second Edn. Booktondale, New York.
- Mackle, T. R., A. M. Bryant, S. F. Petch, J. P. Hill and M. J. Auldist. 1999 Nutritional influences on the composition of milk from cows of different phenotypes in Newzealand. J. Dairy Sci. 82(1):172-180. https://doi.org/10.3168/jds.S0022-0302(99)75221-5
- Spurgeon, K. R., J. J. Yee and J. H. Martin. 1981 Selection of milk for maximum yield of cheese and other dairy products. Cultured Dairy Products J. 16(3):5-11.
- Phelan, J. A. 1981 Standardization of milk for cheese making at factory level. J. Soc. Dairy Technol. 34(4):152-156. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1471-0307.1981.tb01515.x
- Auldist, M. J., B. J. Walsh and N. A. Thomson. 1998. Seasonal and lactational influences on bovine milk composition in Newzealand. J. Dairy Sci. 65(3):401.
- Masud, T., I. H. Athar and M. A. Shah. 1992. Comparative study on paneer making from buffalo and cow milk. Asian-Aus. J. Anim. Sci. 5(3):563. https://doi.org/10.5713/ajas.1992.563
- ISI. 1958. Determination of fat in whole milk evaporated (unsweetened) milk, separated milk, skim milk, butter and cream by Gerber method. Is: 1224. Bureau of Indian Standards, New Delhi.
- Hang, K. F., J. F. Hayes, J. E. Moxley and H. G. Monardes. 1982. Environmental influences on protein content and composition of bovine milk. J. Dairy Sci. 65(10):1993-98. https://doi.org/10.3168/jds.S0022-0302(82)82449-1
- Sharma, R. B. and J. P. Agarwal. 1985. Influence of stage of lactation on the chemical composition of cross-bred cows milk. J. Agric. Sci. Res. 27:11-14.
- Chapman, H. R. 1981. Standardization of milk for cheese making at research level. J. Soc. Dairy Technol. 34(4):147-152. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1471-0307.1981.tb01514.x