- Volume 15 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Growth, Feed Conversion Efficiency and Carcass Characteristics of Malpura and Malpura × Awassi Crossbred Lambs in a Hot Semi Arid Environment
- Karim, S.A. ;
- Santra, A. ;
- Verma, D.L.
- Received : 2001.05.18
- Accepted : 2001.10.26
- Published : 2002.03.01
The growth rate, feed conversion efficiency and carcass characteristics of nine native Malpura (M) and eight Awassi
Carcass Characteristics;Hot Environment;Intensive Feeding;Lambs
- CSWRI. 1992. Research Highlights. Central Sheep and Wool Research Institute, Avikanagar, Rajasthan, India, p. 2.
- Duncan, D. B. 1955. Multiple range and multiple F-test. Biometrics. 11:1-42. https://doi.org/10.2307/3001478
- Karim, S. A. and P. S. Rawat. 1996. Growth performance of native and crossbred weaner lambs under intensive feeding. Indian J. Anim. Sci. 66:830-832.
- Kaushish, S. K., P. S. Rawat and S. C. Sharma. 1990. Performance of native sheep (Malpura) and its crosses with Avikalin under semi arid conditions. Wld. Rev. Anim. Prod. 25:43-46.
- AOAC. 1984. Official Methods of Analysis (13th Ed.), Association of Official Analytical Chemists, Washington, DC.
- Nivsarkar, A. E. and R. M. Acharya. 1982. Note on feed lot and carcass characteristics of Malpura sheep. Indian J. Anim. Sci. 52:1262-1264.
- Bohra, S. D. J. 1984. Crossbreeding for evolving new mutton breeds : breed and breed cross differences in growth, efficiency of feed conversion and carcass yield. Ph.D. Thesis, Kurukshtra Univrsity, Haryana, India.
- Karim, S. A. and P. S. Rawat. 1997. Growth performance and carcass characteristics of lambs raised on varying levels of roughage and concentrate. Indian J. Anim. Sci. 67:902-905.
- Arora, A. L. and S. A. Karim. 1995. Growth response of intensively fed lambs. Indian J. Anim. Sci. 65:1046-1048.
- ISI. 1963. Indian standard specification for mutton and goat flesh. Fresh, chilled and frozen. IS 2536. Bureau of of Indian Standard Institution, New Delhi, India.
- Sehgal, J. P., S. A. Karim, M. Singh and R. M. Acharya. 1982. A note on crossbreeding for fat-lamb production in the hot tropics. Anim. Prod. 35:435-438. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0003356100001148
- ICAR. 1985. Nutrient Requirement of Livestock and Poultry. Indian Council of Agricultural Research, New Delhi, India.
- Prasad, V. S. S., C. L. Arora, R. P. Singh and S. D. J. Bohra. 1981. Assessment of carcass and mutton quality in native and crossbred sheep. Indian J. Anim. Sci. 51:638-642.
- Karim, S. A. 2000. Feeding small ruminants for meat and wool production. Proceedings of National Workshop on 'Animal Nutrition in Health and Disease'. Veterinary College, University of Agricultural Science (17-19 February), Bangalore, India.
- Singh, M., T. More, A. K. Rai and S. A. Karim. 1982. A note on adaptability of native and crossbred sheep to hot summer conditions of semiarid and arid area. J. Agric. Sci (Camb.). 99:525-528. https://doi.org/10.1017/S002185960003118X
- Efeito dos níveis de concentrado sobre os componentes não-carcaça de ovinos Morada Nova em confinamento vol.37, pp.6, 2008, https://doi.org/10.1590/S1516-35982008000600017