- Volume 15 Issue 4
Nine microsatellite loci were analyzed in 84 random individuals to characterize the genetic variability of three domestic goat breeds found in Korea and China: Korean goat, Chinese goat and Saanen. Allele diversity, heterozygosity, polymorphism information content, F-statistics, indirect estimates of gene flow (Nm) and Nei's standard distances were calculated. Based on the expected mean heterozygosity, the lowest genetic diversity was exhibited in Korean goat (
Microsatellites;Genetic Diversity;Korean Goat;Gene Flow
- Beh, K. J., C. D. Riffkin, K. P. Davies, K. L. di Ienno and J. F. Maddox. 2000. Dinucleotide repeat polymorphism at the ovine McMA7, McMA10, McMA13, McMA16, McMA17, McMA27, McMA29, McMA42, McMA47 and McMA49 loci. Anim. Genet. 31:228-229. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2052.2000.031003228.x
- Buchanan, F. C., L. J. Adams, R. P. Littlejohn, J. F. Maddox and A. M. Crawford. 1994. Determination of evolutionary relationships among sheep breeds using microsatellites. Genomics 22:397-403. https://doi.org/10.1006/geno.1994.1401
- Goudet, J. 1995. FSTAT, Version 1.2, a computer program to calculate F-statistics. J. Heredity 86:485-486. https://doi.org/10.1093/oxfordjournals.jhered.a111627
- Jordana, J., J. Piedrafita, A. Sanchez and P. Puig. 1992. Comparative F statistics analysis of the genetic structure of ten Spanish dog breeds. J. Heredity 83:367-374. https://doi.org/10.1093/oxfordjournals.jhered.a111233
- Martinez, A. M., J. V. Delgado, A. Rodero and J. L. Vega-Pla. 2000. Genetic structure of the Iberian pig breed using microsatellites. Anim. Genet. 31:295-301. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2052.2000.00645.x
- Saitbekova, N., C. Gaillard, G. Obexer-Ruff and G. Dolf. 1999. Genetic diversity in Swiss goat breeds based on microsatellite analysis. Anim. Genet. 30:36-41. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2052.1999.00429.x
- Weir, B. S. and C. C. Cockerham. 1984. Estimating F-statistics for the analysis of population structure. Evolution 38:1358-1370. https://doi.org/10.2307/2408641
- Yeh, C. C., J. K. Kogi, M. T. Holder, T. M. Guerra, S. K. Davies and J. F. Taylor. 1997. Caprine microsatellite dinucleotide repeat polymorphisms at the SR-CRSP21, SR-CRSP22, SRCRSP26 and SR-CRSP27 loci. Anim Genet. 28:380-381. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2052.1997.tb03284.x
- Wright, S. 1969. Evolution and the Genetics of Populations. vol 2. Univ. Chicago Press, Chicago.
- Canon, J., M. L. Checa, C. Carleos, J. L. Vega-Pla, M. Vallejo and S. Dunner. 2000. The genetic structure of Spanish Celtic horse breeds inferred from microsatellite data. Anim. Genet. 31:39-48. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2052.2000.00591.x
- Maniatis, T., J. Sambrook and E. F. Fritsh. 1982. Molecular Cloning; A Laboratory Manual. 2nd ed. Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, Cold Spring Harbor, New York.
- Barker, J. S. F., S. G. Tan, S. S. Moore, T. K. Mukherjee, J. L. Matheson and O. S.Selvaraj. 2001. Genetic variation within and relationships among populations of Asian goats (Capra hircus). J. Anim. Breed. Genet. 118:213-233. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1439-0388.2001.00296.x
- Raymond, M. and F. Rousset. 1995. GENEPOP: population genetics software for exact tests and ecumenicism. J. Heredity 86:248-249. https://doi.org/10.1093/oxfordjournals.jhered.a111573
- Felsenstein, J. 1993. PHYLIP-phylogenetic inference package, version 3.5c. University of Washington, Seattle.
- Yeo, J. S., J. W. Kim and T. K. Chang. 2000. DNA markers related to economic traits in Hanwoo (Korean cattle). Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 13:236-239. https://doi.org/10.5713/ajas.2000.236
- Yang, L., S. H. Zhao, K. Li, Z. Z. Peng and G. W. Montgomery. 1999. Determination of genetic relationships among five indigenous Chinese goat breeds with six microsatellite markers. Anim. Genet. 30:452-455. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2052.1999.00548.x
- Hanslik, S., B. Harr, G. Brem and C. Schlotterer. 2000. Microsatellite analysis reveals substantial genetic differentiation between contemporary New World and Old World Holstein Friesian populations. Anim. Genet. 31:31-38. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2052.2000.00569.x
- MacHugh, D. E., R. T. Loftus, P. Cunningham and D. G. Bradley. 1998. Genetic structure of seven European cattle breeds assessed using 20 microsatellite markers. Anim. Genet. 29:333-340. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2052.1998.295330.x
- Guo, S. W. and E. A. Thompson. 1992. Performing the exact test of Hardy-Weinberg proportion for multiple alleles. Biometrics 48:361-372. https://doi.org/10.2307/2532296
- Nei, M. 1978. Estimation of average heterozygosity and genetic distance from a small number of individuals. Genetics 89:583-590.
- Belkhir, K., P. Borsa, J. Goudet, L. Chikhi and F. Bonhomme. 2000. GENETIX version 4.02, Universite de Montpellier II, Montpellier (France).
- Minch, E. 1998. MICROSAT version 1.5b. University of Stanford, Stanford, CA.
- Takezaki, N. and M. Nei. 1996. Genetic distances and reconstruction of phylogenetic trees from microsatellite DNA. Genetics 144:389-399.
- Analysis of 22 Heterologous Microsatellite Markers for Genetic Variability in Indian Goats vol.14, pp.2, 2003, https://doi.org/10.1081/ABIO-120026486
- Genetic diversity studies in farm animals - a survey vol.121, pp.6, 2004, https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1439-0388.2004.00479.x
- Cross-Species Amplification of Bovidae Microsatellites and Low Diversity of the Endangered Korean Goral vol.95, pp.6, 2004, https://doi.org/10.1093/jhered/esh082
- Genetic Variations of 13 Indigenous Chinese Goat Breeds Based on Cytochrome b Gene Sequences vol.44, pp.3-4, 2006, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10528-006-9013-6
- Structure and genetic relationships between Brazilian naturalized and exotic purebred goat domestic goat (Capra hircus) breeds based on microsatellites vol.30, pp.2, 2007, https://doi.org/10.1590/S1415-47572007000300010
- Genetic characterization of Barbari goats using microsatellite markers vol.10, pp.1, 2009, https://doi.org/10.4142/jvs.2009.10.1.73
- Isolation and characterization of 12 microsatellite loci from Korean water deer (Hydropotes inermis argyropus) for population structure analysis in South Korea vol.33, pp.5, 2011, https://doi.org/10.1007/s13258-010-0166-7
- Genetic diversity analysis of eight indigenous goat breeds (groups) in China using AFLP markers vol.50, pp.12, 2014, https://doi.org/10.1134/S1022795414120060
- Genetic Structure of Chinese Indigenous Goats and the Special Geographical Structure in the Southwest China as a Geographic Barrier Driving the Fragmentation of a Large Population vol.9, pp.4, 2014, https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0094435
- Microsatellite Analysis of the Genetic Diversity and Population Structure in Dairy Goats in Thailand vol.29, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5713/ajas.15.0270
Supported by : Korea Research Foundation