- Volume 15 Issue 3
In this experiment, oocytes were collected from goat ovaries available in slaughterhouse by follicle puncture method. Morphologically culturable type of oocytes which having compact, multilayered cumulus granulosa cell complex and evenly granulated cytoplasm, was separated under a stereozoom microscope. Oocytes were washed thoroughly in maturation medium containing TCM-199,
Goat Oocyte;Maturation;Granulosa Cell Monolayer;Polyvinyl Alcohol;Oocyte Secretory Proteins;IVM
- Bagger, P. W., A. G. Byskov, M. D. Christiansen, L. Bang and L. Mortensen. 1993. Lithium stimulates the first meiotic division in mouse oocytes. Acta. Obstet. Gynaecol. Scand. 72:514-519. https://doi.org/10.3109/00016349309058154
- Carnoll, J., D. G. Whittingham and M. J. Wood. 1991. Effect of gonadotropin environment on growth and development of isolated mouse oocytes from frozen primary follicles. J. Reprod. Fertil. 93:71-79. https://doi.org/10.1530/jrf.0.0930071
- Cognie, Y., N. Crozet, Y. Guerin, N. Poulin, J. Bezard, G. Duchamp, M. Magistrini and E. Palmer. 1992. In vitro fertilization in sheep, goats and horses. Ann. De. Zootech. 41: 353-359. https://doi.org/10.1051/animres:19920316
- Hue, I., T. Dedieu, D. Huneau, S. Ruffini, L. Gall and N. Crozet. 1997. Cyclin B1 expression in meiotically competent and incompetent goat oocytes. Mol. Reprod. Dev. 47:222-228. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1098-2795(199706)47:2<222::AID-MRD14>3.0.CO;2-1
- Hunter, A. G. and P. M. Moor. 1987. State-dependent effects of inhibiting ribonucleic acids and protein synthesis on meiotic maturation of bovine oocytes in vitro. J. Dairy Sci. 70:1646-1651. https://doi.org/10.3168/jds.S0022-0302(87)80192-3
- Kastrop, P. M. M., M. M. Bevers, O. H. J. Destree and T. A. M. Kruip. 1990b. Changes in protein synthesis and phosphorylation patterns during bovine oocyte maturation in vitro. J. Reprod. Fertil. 90:305-310. https://doi.org/10.1530/jrf.0.0900305
- Rehman, N. U., M. Saarwar and H. A. Samad. 2001. In vitro production of bovine embryos-A review. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 14(9):1342-1351. https://doi.org/10.5713/ajas.2001.1342
- Sambrook, J., E. F. Fritoh and T. Maniatis. 1989. Molecular cloning-A laboratory mannual. 2nd edn. New York, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, Cold Spring Harbor.
- Satoh, T., K. Kobayashi, S. Yamashita, M. Kikuchi, Y. Sendai and H. Hoshi. 1994. Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases (TIMP-1) produced by granulosa and oviduct cells enhances in vitro development of bovine embryos. Biol. Reprod. 50:835-844. https://doi.org/10.1095/biolreprod50.4.835
- Sharma, G. T., A. C. Majumdar and S. W. Bonde. 1996. Chronology of maturational events in goat oocytes cultured in vitro. Small Ruminant Research. 22:25-30. https://doi.org/10.1016/0921-4488(96)00859-0
- Wu, B., G. G. Ignotz, W. B. Currie and X. Yang. 1996. Temporal distinctions in the synthesis and accumulation of proteins by oocytes and cumulus cells during maturation in vitro of bovine oocytes. Mol. Reprod. Dev. 45:560-565. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1098-2795(199612)45:4<560::AID-MRD18>3.0.CO;2-#
- Liu, Z., R. H. Foote and X. Yang. 1995. Development of early bovine embryos in co-culture with KSOM and taurine, superoxide dismutase or insulin. Theriogenology 44:741-750. https://doi.org/10.1016/0093-691X(95)00253-5
- Rabahi, F., D. Monniaux, C. Pisselet, D. Chupin and P. Durand. 1991. Qualitative and quantitative changes in protein synthesis of bovine follicular cells during the preovulatory period. Mol. Reprod. Dev. 30:265-275. https://doi.org/10.1002/mrd.1080300315
- Eppig, J. J., R. M. Schultz, M. O'Brien and P. Chesnel. 1994. Relationship between the developmental programs controlling nuclear and cytoplasmic maturation of mouse oocytes. Dev. Biol. 164:1-9. https://doi.org/10.1006/dbio.1994.1175
- Tyagi, S., G. T. Sharma and A. C. Majumdar. 1997. Meiotic competence of goat oocytes matured on granulosa cell monolayers. Theriogenology 47:203(Abstr.). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0093-691X(97)82330-8
- Keskintepe, L., C. A. Burnley and B. G. Brackett. 1995. Production of viable bovine blastocysts in defined in vitro condition. Biol. Reprod. 52:1410-1417. https://doi.org/10.1095/biolreprod52.6.1410
- Okijama, T., T. Tanabe and T. Yasuda. 1993. Non urea sodium dodecyl sulphate polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis with high molarity buffer for separation of proteins and peptides. Anal. Biochem. 211:293-300. https://doi.org/10.1006/abio.1993.1272
- King, W. A., D. Bousquet, T. Greve and A. K. Goff. 1986. Meiosis in bovine oocytes matured in vitro and in vivo. Acta. Vet. Scand. 27:267-279.
- Laemmli, U. K. 1970. Cleavage of structural proteins during the assembly of the head of bacteriophage T4. Nature 227:680-685. https://doi.org/10.1038/227680a0
- Gall, L., F. Le Gal and V. De Smend. 1993. Protein phosphorylation patterns during in vitro maturation of the goat oocyte. Mol. Reprod. Dev. 36:500-506. https://doi.org/10.1002/mrd.1080360415
- Teotia, A., 1998. Fertilization and developmental competence of caprine oocytes matured over granulosa cell monolayer. M.V.Sc. Thesis, Deemed University, Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Izatnagar, U.P., India.
- Xia, G., A. G. Byskov and C. Y. Andersen. 1994. Cumulus cells secrete a meiosis-inducing substance by stimulation with forskolin and dibutyric cyclic adenosine monophosphate. Mol. Reprod. Dev. 39:17-24. https://doi.org/10.1002/mrd.1080390104
- Keskintepe, L. and B. G. Brackett. 1996. In vitro developmental competence of in vitro matured bovine oocytes fertilized and cultured in completely defined media. Biol. Reprod. 55:333-339. https://doi.org/10.1095/biolreprod55.2.333
- Bonde, S. W. 1995. Fertilizing and cleaving ability of follicular oocytes in domestic goat matured in vitro. Ph.D. Thesis, submitted to Deemed university, Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Izatnagar, (U.P.) India.
- Younis, A. I., K. A. Zuelke, K. M. Harper, M. A. L. Oliveira and B. G. Brackett. 1991. In vitro fertilization of goat oocytes. Biol. Reprod. 44:1177-1182. https://doi.org/10.1095/biolreprod44.6.1177
- Crozet, M., M. Ahmed-Ali and M. P. Dubos. 1995. Developmental competence of goat oocytes from follicles of different size categories following maturation, fertilization and culture in vitro. J. Reprod. Fertil. 103:293-298. https://doi.org/10.1530/jrf.0.1030293
- Tatemoto, H. and T. Terada. 1995. On the C-mos proto-oncogene product during meiotic maturation in bovine oocytes cultured in vitro. J. Exp. Zool. 272:159-162. https://doi.org/10.1002/jez.1402720210
- Meng, L., J. Rutledge, Y. Zhu, G. M. Kidder, F. Khamsi and D. T. Armstrong. 1996. Role of germinal vesicle on protein synthesis in rat during in vitro maturation. Mol. Reprod. Dev. 43:228-235. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1098-2795(199602)43:2<228::AID-MRD12>3.0.CO;2-#
- Naqvi, S. M. K., M. L. Madan, M. S. Chauhan, S. K. Singla and R. S. Manik. 1992. In vitro fertilization of in vitro matured goat oocytes and development of embryos in oviductal epithelial cell co-culture medium. In: Proc. of V Int. Conf. on goat, March 2-8, 1992, New Delhi, Vol. I p. 358(Abstr.).
- Liu, L., Y. Dai and R. M. Moor. 1997. Role of secreted proteins and gonadotrophins in promoting full maturation of porcine oocytes in vitro. Mol. Reprod. Dev. 47:191-199. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1098-2795(199706)47:2<191::AID-MRD10>3.0.CO;2-3
- Sharma G. T., A. Teotia and A. C. Majumdar. 2001. Meiotic competence of caprine oocytes during IVM on granulosa cell monolayers developed from small and large follicles in comparison to the granulosa cell co-culture. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 14(6):777-784. https://doi.org/10.5713/ajas.2001.777
- Park, E. H., R. C. Chain, H. M. Chung, J. G. Lim, J. J. Ko and K. Y. Cha. 1999. The stage of embryonic genome activation in bovine embryos following in vitro fertilization. Theriogenology 51:180-196. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0093-691X(99)91747-8