- Volume 15 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Gene Cloning and Nucleotide Sequence of Human Dihydrolipoamide Dehydrogenase-Binding Protein
- Lee, Jeongmin (Department of Genetic Engineering, College of Life Science and Technology, Sungkyunkwan University) ;
- Ryou, Chongsuk (Institute for Neurodegenerative Diseases, University of California San Francisco) ;
- Jeon, Bong Kyun (Department of Genetic Engineering, College of Life Science and Technology, Sungkyunkwan University) ;
- Lee, Poongyeon (Department of Genetic Engineering, College of Life Science and Technology, Sungkyunkwan University) ;
- Woo, Hee-Jong (Department of Immunology, School of Veterinary Medicine, Seoul National University) ;
- Kwon, Moosik (Department of Genetic Engineering, College of Life Science and Technology, Sungkyunkwan University)
- Received : 2001.04.27
- Accepted : 2001.09.21
- Published : 2002.03.01
The pyruvate dehydrogenase complex (PDC), a member of
- Harris, R. A., M. Bowker-Kinley, P. Wu, J. Jeng and K. M. Popov. 1997. Dihydrolipoamide dejydrogenase-binding protein of the human pyruvate dehydrogenase complex. J. Biol. Chem. 272:19746-19751. https://doi.org/10.1074/jbc.272.32.19746
Lee, S. H. and J. B. Clark. 1997. High-yield method for isolation of
$\lambda$DNA. Biotechniques 23:589-589.
- Maeng, C. Y., M. A. Yazdi and L. J. Reed. 1996. Stoichiometry of binding of mature and truncated forms of the dihydrolipoamide dehydrogenase-binding protein to the dihydrolipoamide acetyltransferase core of the pyruvate dehydrogenase complex from Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Biochemistry 35:5879-5882. https://doi.org/10.1021/bi9600254
- Hodgson, J. A., O. G. De Marcucci and J. G. Lindsay. 1986. Lipoic acid is the site of substrate-dependent acetylation of component X in ox heart pyruvate dehydrogenase multienzyme complex. Eur. J. Biochem. 158:595-600. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1432-1033.1986.tb09796.x
Tan, J. and M. S. Patel. 1999. Cloning and characterization of a 5.9 kb promoter region of the human pyruvate dehydrogenase
$\alpha$subunit gene. Biochem. Biophys. Acta 1431:531-537.
- Lee, J., C. Ryou and M. Kwon. 2001. Molecular cloning and expression of human dihydrolipoamide dehydrogenase-binding protein in Escherichia coli. J. Microbiol. Biotechnol. 11:592-597.
- Neagle, J., O. De Marcucci, B. Dunbar and J. G. Lindsay. 1989. Component X of mammalian pyruvate dehydrogenase complex: structural and functional relationship to the lipoate acetyltransferase (E2) component. FEBS Letter 253:11-15. https://doi.org/10.1016/0014-5793(89)80919-6
- Roche, T. E. and M. S. Patel. 1989. Alpha-keto acid dehydrogenase complexes: organization, regulation, and biomedical ramification. Ann. N.Y. Acad. Sci. 573:1-474. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1749-6632.1989.tb14983.x
- Klingbeil, M. M., D. J. Walker, R. Arnette, E. Sidawy, K. Hayton, P. R. Komuniecki and R. Komuniecki. 1996. Identification of a novel dihydrolipoyl dehydrogenase-binding protein in the pyruvate dehydrogenase complex of the anaerobic parasitic nematode, Ascaris suum. J. Biol. Chem. 271:5451-5457. https://doi.org/10.1074/jbc.271.10.5451
- Patel, M. S. and T. E. Roche. 1990. Molecular biology and biochemistry of pyruvate dehydrogenase complexes. FASEB J. 4:3224-3233.
- Patel, M. S. and R. A. Harris. 1995. Mammalian alpha-keto acid dehydrogenase complexes: gene regulation and genetic defects. FASEB J. 9:1164-1172.
- Lim, J. Y., C. S. Shin, E. J. Chung, J. S. Kim, H. U. Kim, S. J. Oh, W. B. Choi, C. S. Ryou, J. B. Kim, M. S. Kwon, T. Y. Chung, S. I. Song, S. I. Kim, B. H. Nahm, Y. S. Hwang, M. Y. Eun, J. S. Lee, J. J. Cheong and Y. D. Choi. 2000. Analysis of expressed sequence tags from Brassica rapa L. ssp. pekinensis. Mol Cells. 10:399-404.
- Hodgson, J. A., O. G. De Marcucci and J. G. Lindsay. 1988. Structure function studies on the lipoate-acetyltransferasecomponent- X-core assembly of the heart pyruvate dehydrogenase complex. Eur. J. Biochem. 171:609-614. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1432-1033.1988.tb13831.x
- Sanderson, S. J., C. Miller and J. G. Lindsay. 1996. Stoichiometry, organisation and catalytic function of protein X of the pyruvate dehydrogenase complex from bovine heart. Eur. J. Biochem. 236:68-77. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1432-1033.1996.00068.x
- Roche, T. E., M. Rahmatullah, S. L. Powers-Greenwood, G. A. Radke, S. Gopalakrishnan and C. L. Chang. 1989. The lipoylcontaining components of the mammalian pyruvate dehydrogenase complex: structural comparison and subdomain roles. Ann. N. Y. Acad. Sci. 573:66-75. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1749-6632.1989.tb14987.x
- Sambrook, J., E. F. Fritsch and T. Maniatis. 1989. Molecular cloning; A laboratory manual, 2nd edn. Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, Cold Spring Harbor, New York.
- Sanderson, S. J., S. S. Khan, R. G. McCartney, C. Miller and J. G. Lindsay. 1996. Reconstitution of mammalian pyruvate dehydrogenase and 2-oxoglutarate dehydrogenase complexes: analysis of protein X involvement and interaction of homologous and heterologous dihydrolipoamide dehydrogenases. Biochem. J. 319:109-116. https://doi.org/10.1042/bj3190109