- Volume 15 Issue 3
The purpose of this work was to study the effect of roasting temperature on the production of volatile compounds in Chinese-style pork jerky. The pork jerky was roasted by far-infrared grill at
Chinese-Style Pork Jerky;Volatile Compound;Roast;Lipid;Spices
- Berdague, J. L., N. Bonnaud, S. Rousset and C. Touraille. 1993. Influence of pig crossbreed on the composition, volatile compound content and flavour of dry cured ham. Meat Sci. 34:119-129. https://doi.org/10.1016/0309-1740(93)90022-A
- Lin, S. Y., S. F. Tsai, C. R. Chen and C. F. Li. 1982. New process for manufacturing dried pork slices (II). Research Report No. 280, Food Industry Research and Development Institute, Hsinchu, Taiwan.
- Mottram, D. S. 1985. The effect of cooking conditions on the formation of volatile heterocyclic compounds in pork. J. Sci. Food Agric. 36:377-382. https://doi.org/10.1002/jsfa.2740360510
- Shahidi, F., J. Yun, L. J. Rubin and D. F. Wood. 1987. The hexanal content as an indicator of oxidative stability and flavour acceptability in cooked ground pork. Can. Inst. Food Sci. Technol. J. 20:104-111. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0315-5463(87)71099-2
- Mottram, D. S. and R. A. Edwards. 1983. The role of triglycerides and phospholipids in the aroma of cooked beef. J. Sci. Food Agric. 34:517-522. https://doi.org/10.1002/jsfa.2740340513
- Likens, S. T. and G. B. Nickerson. 1964. Detection of certain hop oil constituents in brewing products. Proc. Am. Soc. Brewing Chemists, p. 5.
- Henderson, S. K., A. Witchwoot and W. E. Nawar. 1980. The thermal oxidation of a series of saturated triaclyglycerols. J. Am. Oil Chem. Soc. 57:409-415. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02678926
- Schliemann, J., G. Wolm, R. Schrodter and H. Ruttloff. 1987. Chicken flavor-formation, composition and production. Part 1. Flavor precursors. Nahrung. 31:47-56. https://doi.org/10.1002/food.19870310110
- Mottram, D. S. 1994. Some aspects of the chemistry of meat flavour. In: Flavor of Meat and Meat Products (Ed. F. Shahidi). Chapman and Hall, London. pp. 210-230.
- Kimoto, W. I. and A. M. Gaddis. 1969. Precursors of alk-2,4-dienals in autoxidized lard. J. Am. Oil Chem. Soc. 46:403-410. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02545624
- Shahidi, F. 1989. Flavour of cooked meats. In: Flavour Chemistry: Trend and Developments (Ed. R. Teranishi, R. E. Buttery and F. Shahidi). ACS Symposium Series 338, American Chemical Society, Washington, DC. pp. 188-201.
- Bailey, M. E. 1983. The Maillard reaction and meat flavor. In: The Maillard Reaction in Foods and Nutrition (Ed. G. R. Waller and M. S. Feather). American Chemical Society, Washington DC. pp. 169-183.
- Lin, S. Y., P. Y. Chang, C. S. Huang and C. F. Li. 1979. Studies on improvement of processing and packaging for dried shredded and sliced pork. Research Report No. 149, Food Industry Research and Development Institute, Hsinchu, Taiwan.
- Rajalakshma, D. and S. Narasimhan. 1996. Food antioxidants: sources and methods of evaluation. In: Food Antioxidants: Technological, Toxicological, and Health Perspectives (Ed. D. L. Madhavi, S. S. Deshpande and D. K. Salunkhe). Marcel Dekker, New York. pp. 80-82.
- Bender, A. E. and P. E. Ballance. 1961. A preliminary examination of the flavour of meat extract. J. Sci. Food Agric. 12:683-687. https://doi.org/10.1002/jsfa.2740121006
- SAS. 1997. SAS/STAT Software: Changes and Enhancements Through Release 6.12. SAS Institute, Inc., Cary, NC.
- NIST. 1990. NIST Standard Reference Database Series 1a, The NIST/EPA/MSDC Mass Spectra Data Base ver. 3.0, distributed by the Office of Standard Reference Data of the National Institute of Standard and Technology.
- TNO. 1988. Compilation of mass spectra of volatile compounds in food. Central Institute for Nutrition and Food Research-TNO. The Netherlands.
- Reineccius, G. 1994. Flavor and aroma chemistry. In: Quality Attributes and Their Measurement in Meat, Poultry and Fish Products; Advances in Meat Research Series Vol. 9 (eds. A. M. Pearson and T. R. Dutson). Chapman and Hall, London. pp. 184-201.
- Shahidi, F., L. J. Rubin and L. A. D'Souza. 1986. Meat flavor volatiles: A review of the composition, techniques of analysis, and sensory evaluation. CRC Rev. Food Sci. Nutr. 24:141-243. https://doi.org/10.1080/10408398609527435
- Chou, C. C. and C. M. Wu. 1983. The volatile compounds of stewed pork. Research Report No. 285, Food Industry Research and Development Institute, Hsinchu, Taiwan.
- Ho, C. T., Y. C. Oh and M. Bae-Lee. 1994. The flavor of pork. In: Flavor of Meat and Meat Products (Ed. F. Shahidi). Chapman and Hall, London. pp. 38-51.
- Mussinan, C. J. and J. P. Walradt. 1974. Volatile constituents of pressure-cooked pork liver. J. Agric. Food Chem. 22:827-831. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf60195a002
- Effect of Low-Dose Electron Beam Irradiation on Quality of Ground Beef Patties and Raw, Intact Carcass Muscle Pieces vol.78, pp.6, 2013, https://doi.org/10.1111/1750-3841.12140
- Cooking losses, lipid oxidation and formation of volatile compounds in foal meat as affected by cooking procedure vol.29, pp.4, 2014, https://doi.org/10.1002/ffj.3201
- Effect of Different Cooking Methods on the Formation of Aroma Components and Heterocyclic Amines in Pork Loin vol.41, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1111/jfpp.12981
- Aroma profile and consumer liking of salted and dried chicken meat: Effects of desalting and cooking methods vol.20, pp.12, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1080/10942912.2016.1263653
- Current awareness in flavour and fragrance vol.17, pp.4, 2002, https://doi.org/10.1002/ffj.1070