- Volume 1 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Experimental study on simplified steel reinforced concrete beam-column joints in construction technology
- Teraoka, Masaru (Technology Development Division, Fujita Corporation) ;
- Morita, Koji (Department of Design and Architecture, Faculty of Engineering, Chiba University) ;
- Sasaki, Satoshi (Technology Development Division, Fujita Corporation) ;
- Katsura, Daisuke (Technology Development Division, Fujita Corporation)
- Published : 2001.09.25
The purpose of this paper is to propose a new type of steel reinforced concrete (SRC) beam-column joints and to examine the structural performance of the proposed joints, which simplify the construction procedure of steel fabrication, welding works, concrete casting and joint strengthening. In the proposed beam-column joints, the steel element of columns forms continuously built-in crossing of H-sections (
new type of SRC beam-column joint;simplifying construction procedure;structural performance;limit analysis;yield line theory
- Teraoka, M., Morita, K., Fujiwara, K. and Sasaki, S. (1992), "Experimental study on simplified SRC beam-to column joints in construction technology", Summarizes of Technical Papers of Annual Meeting, Architectural Institute of Japan, 1755-1758 (in Japanese).
- Teraoka, M., Morita, K. and Sasaki, S. (2000), "Experimental study on simplified SRC beam-column joints in construction technology", COMPOSITE AND HIBRID TECHNOLOGY, Proceedings of 6th ASCCS Conference, 773-744, Los Angeles, USA.
- Umemura, H. (1951), "Plastic deformation and ultimate strength on reinforced concrete beam", Transaction of The Architectural Institute of Japan) No. 42, 59-70 (in Japanese).
- Architectural Institute of Japan (1987), "Standard for structural calculation of steel reinforced concrete structures", (in Japanese).
- Architectural Institute of Japan (1990), "Ultimate strength and deformation capacity of buildings in seismic design (1990)", (in Japanese).
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (2000), "FEMA-350 recommended seismic design criteria for new steel moment-frame buildings".
- Kato, B. (1982), "Beam-to-column connection research in japan", Journal of Structural Division, ASCE, 108(ST2), 343-360.
- Matsui, K., Tsuda, K. and Nakatsuji, H. (1989), "Studies for development on rational design of arrangement of reinforcing bars in SRC structure", Summarizes of Technical Papers of Annual Meeting, Architectural Institute of Japan, 1563-1564 (in Japanese).
- Morita, K., Yokoyama, Y., Hiraoka, H. and Ishii, T. (1990), "Structural behaviors of steel-beam to SRC-column Connections reinforced with vertical stiffening plates", Journal of Structural and Construction Engineering (Transaction of AIJ) No. 413, 53-64 (in Japanese). https://doi.org/10.3130/aijsx.413.0_53
- Taniguchi, K., Fujiwara, S., Tanioka, T., Nishimura, T. and Minami, K. (1988), "Transverse reinforcing bar details in composite beam-column joints", Summarizes of Technical Papers of Annual Meeting, Architectural Institute of Japan, 1305-1308 (in Japanese).
- Behaviour of composite joints with concrete encased CFST columns under cyclic loading: Experiments vol.59, 2014, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2013.11.030
- Experimental behavior of transfer story connections for high-rise SRC structures under seismic loading vol.40, pp.9, 2011, https://doi.org/10.1002/eqe.1067
- Behavior and strength of steel reinforced concrete beam–column joints with single-side force inputs vol.65, pp.8-9, 2009, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcsr.2009.04.003
- Behavior and strength of steel reinforced concrete beam–column joints with two-side force inputs vol.65, pp.3, 2009, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcsr.2008.03.010
- Structural performance of steel-truss-reinforced composite joints under cyclic loading vol.171, pp.2, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1680/jstbu.16.00188