- Volume 4 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Non-elastic responses of tall steel buildings subjected to across-wind forces
- Tamura, Yukio (Department of Architecture, Tokyo Institute Polytechnics) ;
- Yasui, Hachinori (Urban Environment Research Center, Izumi Sohken Engineering Co., Ltd.) ;
- Marukawa, Hisao (Urban Environment Research Center, Izumi Sohken Engineering Co., Ltd.)
- Published : 2001.04.25
This paper presents an analytical method which takes into account the non-linearity of individual members, and discusses some case study results. It also discusses the relationship between member non-elastic behavior and excitation duration, and the relationship between member fracture and overall structure behavior. It is clearly demonstrated that the frame already shows almost unstable behavior due to long-columnization just before the occurrence of a column fracture. Then, a column fracture immediately induces a structural collapse mechanism.
- AIJ (1993), Recommendation for Loads on Buildings, Architectural Institute of Japan.
- JABRP (1998), Recommendations on Loads for Performance Based Design, Japan Association for Building Research Promotion. (in Japanese)
- Ogawa, K. (1995), Research Report for Numerical Analysis, Steel Material Club & Building Research Institute, Annex B. (in Japanese)
- Ohkuma, T., Kurita, T. and Ninomiya, M. (1997), "Response estimation based on energy balance for elastoplastic vibration of tall building in across-wind direction", Structural Safety and Reliability. Proceedings of ICOSSAR'97, 1359-1366.
- Tamura, Y. (1995), "Numerical simulation program for structure response induced by wind loads - Technical Manual. Tamura Laboratory", Tokyo Institute of Polytechnics. (in Japanese)
- Tsujita, O., Hayabe, Y. and Ohkuma, T. (1997), "A study on wind-induced response for inelastic structure", Structural Safety and Reliability. Proceedings of ICOSSAR'97, 1359-1366.
- Tsukagoshi, H., Tamura, Y., Sasaki, A. and Kanai, H. (1993), "Response analyses on along-wind and acrosswind vibrations of tall buildings in time domain", Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics, 46-47, 497-506. https://doi.org/10.1016/0167-6105(93)90317-H
- Field Measurement of Wind Speeds and Wind-Induced Responses atop the Shanghai World Financial Center under Normal Climate Conditions vol.2013, 2013, https://doi.org/10.1155/2013/902643
- An efficient framework for the elasto-plastic reliability assessment of uncertain wind excited systems vol.58, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.strusafe.2015.09.001
- Free and forced motion in an asymmetric liquid-column oscillator vol.464, pp.2092, 2008, https://doi.org/10.1098/rspa.2007.0375
- A performance-based design framework for the integrated collapse and non-collapse assessment of wind excited buildings vol.150, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2017.07.030
- Wind Loading of Structures: Framework, Phenomena, Tools and Codification vol.12, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.istruc.2017.09.008
- Inelastic responses of wind-excited tall buildings: Improved estimation and understanding by statistical linearization approaches vol.159, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2017.12.041