- Volume 4 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Wind pressure provisions for gable roofs of intermediate roof slope
- Stathopoulos, Theodore (Centre for Building Studies, Concordia University) ;
- Wang, Kai (Centre for Building Studies, Concordia University) ;
- Wu, Hanqing (RWDI Inc.)
- Published : 2001.04.25
The paper addresses the suitability of wind pressure coefficients specified in contemporary design standards and codes of practice for gable roofs of intermediate slope (roof angle
- Davenport, A.G., D. Surry and T. Stathopoulos (1977) "Wind loads on low rise buildings: Final report of phases I and II, BLWT-SS8-1977". Univ. of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada.
- Holmes, J.D. (1981) "Wind pressures on houses with high pitched roofs", Wind Engrg. Report 4/81, Dept. of Civ. & Sys. Engrg., James Cook Univ. of North Queensland, Townsville, Queensland, Australia.
- Hoxey, R.P. and P. Moran (1983) "A full-scale study of the geometric parameters that influence wind loads on low rise buildings", J. Wind Engrg. & Ind. Aerodyn. 13, 277-288. https://doi.org/10.1016/0167-6105(83)90149-6
- Meecham, D., D. Surry and A.G. Davenport (1991) "The magnitude and distribution of wind-induced pressures on hip and gable roofs", J. Wind Engrg. & Ind. Aerodyn. 38, 257-272. https://doi.org/10.1016/0167-6105(91)90046-Y
- NBCC 1995. National Building Code of Canada and Commentaries, IRC, NRC, Ottawa, Canada.
- Peterka, J.A. (1983) "Selection of local peak pressure coefficients for wind tunnel studies of buildings", J. Wind Engrg. & Ind. Aerodyn. 13, 477-488. https://doi.org/10.1016/0167-6105(83)90166-6
- Richardson, G.M. and D. Surry (1991) "Comparison of wind-tunnel and full-scale surface pressure measurements on low-rise pitched-roof buildings", J. Wind Engrg. & Ind. Aerodyn. 38, 249-256. https://doi.org/10.1016/0167-6105(91)90045-X
- AS 1170.2 (1989) Minimum design loads on structures (known as the SAA loading code), Part 2: Wind loads. Standards Australia, Standard House, 80 Arthur St, North Sydney NSW, Australia.
- ASCE 7-98. Minimum Design Loads for Buildings and other Structures. Structural Engineering Institute of ASCE, Reston, VA, USA.
- Case, P.C. and N. Isyumov (1998) "Wind loads on low buildings with 4:12 gable roofs in open country and suburban exposures". J. Wind Engrg. & Ind. Aerodyn. 77 & 78, 107-118.
- Wind tunnel test study on the wind pressure coefficient of claddings of high-rise buildings vol.5, pp.4, 2011, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11709-011-0128-4
- An experimental study of flow fields and wind loads on gable-roof building models in microburst-like wind vol.54, pp.5, 2013, https://doi.org/10.1007/s00348-013-1511-9
- Air flow around isolated gable-roof buildings with different roof pitches: Wind tunnel experiments and CFD simulations vol.84, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.buildenv.2014.11.012
- DPIV study of the effect of a gable roof on the flow structure around a surface-mounted cubic obstacle vol.37, pp.3, 2004, https://doi.org/10.1007/s00348-004-0830-2
- Characterization of the wind loads and flow fields around a gable-roof building model in tornado-like winds vol.51, pp.3, 2011, https://doi.org/10.1007/s00348-011-1102-6
- Post Windstorm Evaluation of Critical Aspects Causing Damage to Rural Houses in the Northern Region of Peninsular Malaysia vol.103, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1051/matecconf/201710303016
- Uncertainties in the Estimation of Local Peak Pressures on Low-Rise Buildings by Using the Gumbel Distribution Fitting Approach vol.142, pp.11, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)ST.1943-541X.0001556
- Wind Pressures on 4∶12-Sloped Hip Roofs of L- and T-Shaped Low-Rise Buildings vol.144, pp.7, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)ST.1943-541X.0002077