- Volume 11 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Study on seismic behavior and seismic design methods in transverse direction of shield tunnels
- He, Chuan (School of Civil Engineering, Southwest Jiaotong University) ;
- Koizumi, Atsushi (Department of Civil Engineering, Waseda University)
- Published : 2001.06.25
In order to investigate the seismic behavior and seismic design methods in the transverse direction of a shield tunnel, a series of model shaking table tests and a two-dimensional finite element dynamic analysis on the tests are carried out. Two kinds of static analytical methods based on ground-tunnel composite finite element model and beam-spring element model are proposed, and the validity of the static analyses is verified by model shaking table tests. The investigation concerns the dynamic response behavior of a tunnel and the ground, the interaction between the tunnel and ground, and an evaluation of different seismic design methods. Results of the investigation indicate that the shield tunnel follows the surrounding ground in displacement and dynamic characteristics in the transverse direction; also, the static analytical methods proposed by the authors can be used directly as the seismic design methods in the transverse direction of a shield tunnel.
- JSCE (1989), Dynamic Analysis and Seismic Design Method of Dynamic Analysis, Japan Society of Civil Engineers, Gihoudou Press, Tokyo, 57-64.
- JSCE (1996), "The 1995 Hyogoken-Nanbu Earthquake", J. of Japan Society of Civil Engineers, 81(3), 38-45.
- JSCE (1996), The Tunnel Standard Specifications (For Shield Tunneling), Japan Society of Civil Engineers, Tokyo, 49-53.
- Murakami, H., and Koizumi, A. (1980), "On the behavior of transverse joints of a segment", J. of Geotech. Eng., JSCE, No.296, 73-86.
- PWRI (1992), Guideline for Seismic Design Methods of Large Underground Structures (A Draft), Technical Memorandum of PWRI, Public Works Research Institute, Tsukuba-shi, No.3119, 37-43.
- PWRI (1977), New Seismic Design Methods (A Draft), Technical Memorandum of PWRI, Public Works Research Institute, Tsukuba-shi, No.1185, 216-229.
- Shiba, Y., and Okamoto, S. (1991), "A practical evaluation method of seismic stresses developed in the cross section of shield tunnel", J. of Struct. Mech. and Earthq. Eng., JSCE, No.437, 193-202.
- Tamura, C., Hakuno, M., Iemura, H., and Takeuchi, M. (1986), "The disaster of the 1985 Mexico Earthquake",
- STATUS OF SEISMIC ANALYSIS METHODS FOR TRAFFIC TUNNEL AND THEIR APPLICABILITY SUGGESTIONS IN CHINA vol.07, pp.03, 2013, https://doi.org/10.1142/S1793431113500267
- Impact of Shield Tunneling on Adjacent Pile Foundation in Sandy Cobble Strata vol.16, pp.8, 2013, https://doi.org/10.1260/1369-43126.96.36.1997
- Study on the Mechanical Behavior of Lining Structure for Underwater Shield Tunnel of High-Speed Railway vol.16, pp.8, 2013, https://doi.org/10.1260/1369-43188.8.131.521
- Seismic Response Analysis for Shallow Tunnel in Different Earthquake Intensity vol.680, pp.1662-8985, 2013, https://doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMR.680.161
- Composite Lining Aseismic Design for Fault-Crossing Tunnel Structures vol.971-973, pp.1662-8985, 2014, https://doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMR.971-973.30