- Volume 6 Issue 3
A paleomagnetic investigation was carried out to analyze magnetostratigraphic information and to evaluate the relationship between paleoenvironment and magnetic properties in sedimentary sequences of piston cores recovered from the abyssal basin of the southwestern Pacific. Pateomagnetic results revealed that the sediments had a stable remanent magnetization and recorded both normal and reversal polarities. The age of sediments was from late Pliocene and Pleistocene determined by matching the polarities with the geomagnetic time scale. The sedimentation rates were in the range of 0.63-1.85 mm/
- J. Geophys. Res. v.100 Revised calibration of the geomagnetic poliarity time scale for the Late Cretaceous and Cenozoic Cande, S.C.;D.V. Kent
- Geol. Soc. Am. Bull. v.94 Eolian deposition in the northeast Pacific ocean:Cenezoic history of atmospheric circulation Janecek, T.R.;D.K. Rea
- Nature v.292 210Pb in surface air at Eniwetok and the Asian dust flux to the Pacific Turekian, K.K.;J.K. Cochran
- J. Geophys. Res. v.89 Origin and subsidence of Guyots in mid-Pacific Mountains Winterer, E.L.;C.V. Metzler
- Mar. Geol. v.49 Late Cenozic changes in atmospheric circulation deduced from north Pacific eolian sediments Rea, D.K.;T.R. Janecek
- Geol. Surv. Japan Cruise Rep. v.2 Paleomagnetic stratigraphy of deep-sea sediments in the central equatiorial Pacific (GH 81-4 area) Yamazaki, T.
- Earth Planet. Sci. Lett. v.105 Origin of stable remanent magnetization of siliceous sediments in the central equatorial Pacific Yamazaki, T.;I. Katsura;K. Marumo
- Nature v.282 Cenozoic sedimentation in the central north Pacific Corliss, B.H.;C.D. Hollister
- Environmental Magnetism:Allen and Unwin Thompson, R.;F. Oldfield
- Am. Geophys. Union. Geophys. Monogr. Ser. v.77 Early and Late Cretaceous volcanism and reef-building in the Marshall Islands, The Mesozoic Pacific Lincoln, J.M.;M.S. Pringle;P. Silva;Pringle, M.S.(ed.);W.W. Sager(ed.);W.V. Silter(ed.);S. Stein(ed.)
- Deep-Sea Res. v.18 Magnetic and micropaleontological study of deep-sea sediments from the west-central equatorial Pacific Kobayashi, K.;K. Kitazawa;T. Kanaya;T. Sakai
- Paleogeogr. Paleoclimatol. Paleoecol. v.36 Sedimentary indications of atmospheric activity in the northern hemisphere during the Cenozoic Leinen, M.;G.R. Heath
- J. Geol. Soc. Korea v.25 Stratigraphic and sedimentological implications of rock-magnetic properties of marine sediments from the northwest Pacific Doh, S.J.
- Seamounts, Islands, and Atolls. Am. Geophys. Union, Geophys. Monogr. Ser. v.43 A 3-D gravity-tectonic study of Ita mai tai guyot:an uncompensated seamount in the east mariana basin Wedgeworth, B.;J. Kellogg;Keating, B.H.(ed.);P. Fryer(ed.);R. Batiza(ed.);G.W. Boehlert(ed.)
- Nature v.300 Magnetostratigraphical dating of loess deposits in China Heller, F.;T. Liu
- 한국해양학회지(바다) v.1 북동 태평양 피스톤 코어퇴적물의 고지자기 및 암석자기 연구 박정기;도성재;김기현
- J. Geophys. Res. v.95 Magnetic Mineral diagenesis in suboxic sediments at Bettis site W-N,NE Pacific Karlin, P.
- Ph. D. Thesis Paleomagnetism and rock-magnetism of deep-sea sediments in the KODOS area, northeastern equatorial Pacific Park, C.K.
- Init. Repts. DSDP v.33 Regional syntheses,Line Islands Chain, Tuomoto Island Chain, and Manihiki Plateau, Central Pacific Ocean Jackson, E.D.;Schlanger, S.O;Schlanger, S.O.(ed.);Jackson, E.D.,et al.(ed.)
- Mar. Geol. v.171 Sedimentary fabric on deep-sea sediments from KODOS area in the eastern Pacific Park, C.K.;S.J. Doh;D.W. Suk;K.H. Kim
- Earth Planet. Sci. Lett. v.59 A comparison of different magnetic methods for determining the relative grain size of magnetic in natural materials: Some results from lake sediments King, J.;S.K. Banerjee;J. Marvin;O. Ozdemir
- J. Geophys. Res. v.95 Magnetic grain size and viscous remanent magnetization of pelagic clay Yamazaki, T.;T. Katsura
- 한국해양학회지(바다) v.1 북태평양 KODOS-90지역심해저 퇴적물의 고지자기 연구 도성재;박찬호;강정극;김기현
- proceedings of the ODP v.115 Applications for whole-core magnetic susceptibility measurements of deep-sea sediments: Leg 115 results Robinson, S.G.
- Method in Palaeomagnetism Ac demagnetization of rocks: Analysis of results Zijderveld, J.D.A.;Collinson, D.W.(ed.);Creer, K.M.(ed.);Runcorn, S.K.(ed.)