- Volume 50 Issue 7
We present a surface-micromachined polysilicon capacitive accelerometer using unevenly distributed comb electrodes. The unique features of the accelerometer include a perforated proof-mass and the inner and outer comb electrodes with uneven electrode gaps. The perforated proof-mass reduces stiction between the structure and the substrate and the unevenly distributed electrodes shorten the electrode length required for a given sensitivity. The polysilicon accelerometer has been fabricated by the conventional 6-mask surface-micromachining process and showes a sensitivity of 1.03mV/g with a hybrid detection circuitry.
Microaccelerometer;Unevenly Distributed Electrode;Capacitive Detection;Perforated Proof-Mass
- M. Offenberg, H. Munzel, D. Schubert, O. Schatz, F. Larmer, E .. Muller, B. Maihofer, and J. Marek, 'Acceleration Sensor in Surface Micromachining for Airbag Applications with High Signal/Noise Ratio,' Sensors and Actuators SAE, pp.35-41, 1996
- E. O. Doebelin, Measurement Systems Application and Design, Me-Grow Hill, New York, Fourth Edition, 1990, pp.323-336
- 조영호, '자동차용 반도체 집적 센서 및 마이크로 액튜에이터', 한국자동차공학회지, 제14권 3호, pp.12-25, 1992
- L. Zimmermann, J. Ph. Ebersohl, F. Le Hung, J. P. Berry, F. Baillieu, P. Rey, B. Diem, S. Renard, P. Caillat, 'Airbag application: a microsystem including a silicon capacitive accelerometer, CMOS switch capacitor electronics and true self-test capability,' Sensors and Actuators, A46-47, pp.190-195, 1995
- W. Kuehnel and S. Sherman, 'A surface micromachined silicon accelerometer with on-chip detection circuitry,' Sensors and Actuators, A45, pp.7-16, 1994 https://doi.org/10.1016/0924-4247(94)00815-9