- Volume 5 Issue 6
A Study on the Ductility of Concrete-Filled Composite Columns under Cyclic Loading
반복하중을 받는 콘크리트충전 강합성 기둥의 연성에 관한 연구
- 송준엽 ;
- 권영봉 ;
- Published : 2001.12.01
A series of test on concrete-filled composite columns was preformed to evaluate structural performance under axial compression and cyclic lateral loading. It was presented that concrete-filled composite columns had high strength, high stiffness and large energy-absorption capacity on account of mutual confinement between the steel plate and filled-in concrete. A cross section analysis procedure developed to predict the moment-curvature relation of composite columns was proven to be on accurate and effective method. The ductility factor and the response modification factor were evaluated for the seismic design of concrete-filled composite columns. It was shown that concrete-filled composite columns could be used as a very efficient earthquake-resistant structural member.
concrete-filled composite columns;seismic design;cross section analysis;ductility factor;response modification factor
- Mech. of Struct. and Mach. v.20 no.3 Engineering models for numerical analysis of composite bending members Lodygowski, T.;Szumigala, M.
- Research Report No.9401 Development of earthquake-resistant ultimate strength design method for concrete-filled steel structures Ge, H.;Usami, T.
- Design Specifications for Highway Bridges Korean Association of Highway and Transportation
- Proceedings of IABSE Congress The structural behavior of concrete-filled steel pier Kwon, Y. B.;Song, J. Y.;Kim, S. K.
- Journal of Structural Engineering v.122 no.10 Cyclic test of concrete-filled steel box columns Ge, H.;Usami, T.
- Korean Standard Specifications for Highway Bridges Ministry of Construction & Transportation
- Structural Stability Chen, W. F.;Lui, E. M.