- Volume 29 Issue 3
For lactic acid fermentation of chestnut broth,10 strains of bacteria were isolated from human feces and commercial yogurt,6 of which were identified to be Bifidobacterium and the rest isolated from Acidities of the chestnut broths fermented by these strains were lower than yogurt, but more than two times higher than yogurts made from seeds or vegetables including soy milk. To stimulate acidity of the fermented broths, addition of yeast extract and tryptone peptone were the most effective at the concentration of 0.2 and 0.4%, respectively, while glucose addition above 0.5% up to 8% did not increased the acid production except a few strains of Lactoba- Cillus. Among the tested fruits and vegetables, carrot juice supplementation was the most effective in acid produc- tion by most of the tested strains. Saccharification of chestnut broth by hydrolyzing process greatly increased the acid production at 25% of cooked chestnut. However, compared to the results from the 8% of unhydrolyzed chest- nut, the net increase in acid production by hydrolysis was not much stimulative.
- Kor. J. Food Sci. Technol. v.21 Acid production by lactic acid bacteria in soymilk treated by microbial protease or papain and preparation of soy yogurt Ko, Y. T.
- Kor. Appl. Microbiol. Biotechnol. v.17 Interaction betwe Lactobacillus acidophilus and Saccharomyces uvarum Utilisation of Galacto-oligosaccharides in Soymilk Yu, J. H.;I. D. Lew;H. S. Jin
- Travel Med. v.5 Prophylactic efficacy of lactobacilli on travellers diarrhoea Black, F. T;P. S. Anderson;F. Arskov;K. Gaarslev;S. Laulund
- Kor. J. Food Sci. Technol. v.29 Rice fermentation vy Korean amylolytic Bifidobacterium spp. Park, J. H.;H. K. Song;H. B. Ahn;G. E. Ji;C. K. Mok
- Cur. Opinion Gastroenterol. v.11 Irritable bowel syndrome Hasler, W. L.
- J. Appl. Bacteriol. v.68 Detection of Bifidobacterium species by enzymatic methods Chevalier, P.;D. Roy;P. Ward
- In Bifidobacteria and their ro Birkhauser Verlag Dairy preparatic manufacture and technology Rasic, R. Lj.;J. A. Kurmann
- Kor. J. Food Technol. v.23 Risogurt, a mixure of lactic acid fermented rice and soybean protein: Development and properties Mok, C. K.;J. S. Han;Y. J. Kim;D. Y. Kwon;Y. J. Nam;N. S. Kim
- Kor. J. Food Sci. Technol. v.26 Preparation of yogurt added with potato and its character tics Shin, Y. S.;H. J. Sung;D. H. Kim;K. S. Lee
- J. Food Technol. v.6 Lactic acid fermentation saccharified solution from rice flour Tominaga, M.;K. Sato
- Kor. J. Food Technol. v.25 Physico-chemical properties of commercial yogurt in Korea Kim, M. S.;E. S. Ahn;D. H. Shin
- Korea Patent No. 1653 Method of manufacturing vegetable ferment liquor Kim, K. H.;I. H. Yeo;Y. J. Koo;J. Y. Yu
- GG. Ann. Med. v.22 Prevention of travellers diarrhoea by Lactobacill Oksanen, P. J.;S. Salminen;M. Saxelin;P. Hemeleinen
- Arch. Disease Child. v.64 Diet and fecal flor in the newborn : breast milk and infant formula Balmer, S. E.;B. A. Wharton
- Kor. J. Food Sci. Technol. v.29 Fermentation of carot juice by Bifidobacteriu Park, S. Y.;Y. T. Ko;J. Y. Lee;C. K. Mok;J. H. Park;E. Ji
- Kor. J. Appl. Microbiol. Botechnol. v.27 Bifidobacterium fermentation of rice and apple pomace mixture Lee, J. Y.;J. H. Park;H. G. Chang;C. K. Mok
- Van Nostrand Reinhold Company Yogurt. I Foods Food Production Encyclopedia Considine, D. M.;G. D. Considine
- Researched by Korea Food Research institute Study on the development of chestnut peeling machineries
- In Anaerob Microbiology. Anaerobic culture methods Willis, A. T.;Levett PN(eds)
- J. Chin. Gastroenterol. v.27 Probiotics and dietary fiber: the clinical coming of age of intestinal microecology[editorial][see comments] Floch, M. H.;K. Moussa
- J. Appl. Bacteriol. v.66 Probiotics in man and animals Fuller, R.