- Volume 17 Issue 3
In 2-pass differential SAR interferometry(DInSAR), the topographic phase signature can be removed by using a digital elevation model(DEM) to isolate the contribution of deformation from interferometric phase. This method has an advantage of no unwrapping process, but applicability is limited by precision of the DEM used. The residual phase in 2-pass differential interferogram accounts for error of DEM used in the processing provided that no actual deformation exits. The objective of this paper is a preliminary study to improve DEM precision using low precision DEM and 2-pass DInSAR technique, and we applied the 2-pass DInSAR technique to Asan area. ERS-1/2 tandem complex images and DTED level 0 DEM were used for DInSAR, and the precision of resulting DEM was estimated by a 1:25,000 digital map. The input DEM can be improved by simply adding the DInSAR output to the original low precision DEM. The absolute altitude error of the improved DEM is 9.7m, which is about the half to that of the original DTED level 0 data. And absolute altitude error of the improved DEM is better than that from InSAR technique, 15.8m. This approach has an advantage over the InSAR technique in efficiently reducing layover effects over steep slope region. This study demonstrates that 2-pass DInSAR can also be used to improve DEM precision.
- Proc. of 1999 International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium v.2 Detection of Volcano Deformation and Coseismic Movements Using JERS-1 L-band SAR Differential Interferometry; Combination with Other Geodetic Measurements Kobayashi, S.;N. Fujii;S. Okubo
- IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote sensing v.36 no.6 DEM Generation by Means of ERS Tandem Data Rufino G.;A. Moccia;S. Esposito
- Remote sensing of active volcanism Remote sensing of volcano surface and internal processes using radar interferometry Zebker H.A.;F. Amelung;S. Jonsson;P.J. Mouginis-Mark(ed.);J.A. Crisp(ed.);J.H. Fink(ed.)
- Journal of Geophysical Research v.103 no.B2 Crustal deformation measurements using repeat-pass JERS 1 synthetic aperture radar interferometry near the Izu Peninsula Fujiwara, S.;P.A. Rosen
- Geophysical Research Letters v.27 no.24 Displacement field and fault model for the September 7, 1999 Athens earthquake inferred from ERS2 satellite radar interferometry Kontoes, C.;P. Elias;O. Sykioti;P. Briole;D. Remy;M. Sachpazi;G. Veis;I. Kotsis
- IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote sensing v.34 no.2 Reduction of Need for Phase Unwrapping in Radar Interferometry Massonnet, D.;H. Vadon;M. Rossi
- Journal of Geophysical Research v.10 no.E10 Surface deformation and coherence measurements of Kilauea Volcano, Hawaii, from SIR-C radar interferometry Rosen P.A.;S. Hensley;H.A. Zebker;F.H. Webb;E.J. Fielding
- J. Opt. Soc. Am. v.14 no.10 Two-dimensional phase unwrapping with minimum weighted discontinuity Flynn, T.J.
- Review of Geophysics v.36 no.4 Radar interferometry and its application to changes in the earth's surface Massonnet, D.;K.L. Feigl
- Nature v.364 no.8 The displacement field of the Landers earthquake mapped by radar interferometry Massonnet, D.;M. Rossi;C. Carmona;F. Adragna;G. Peltzer;K. Feigl;T. Rabaute
- Proc. of 1993 International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium v.3 DEM reconstruction in SAR interferometry: Practical experiences with ERS-1 SAR data Fazio, M.D.;F. Vinelli
- Ph. D. Dissertation, University of British Columbia Refining Low-quality Digital Elevation Models Using Synthetic Aperture Radar Interferometry Seymour M.S.
- Proc. of 1998 International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium v.5 Improvement of InSAR DEM accuracy Using Data and Sensor Fusion Honikel, M.
대한원격탐사학회 춘계 학술대회 논문집
SAR Interferometry Phase Unwrapping 비교 분석 : Branch cut, Minimum disconstinuity 및 Minimum
$L^p$-norm 방법을 중심으로 김상완;이효재;원중선