- Volume 6 Issue 2
Effects of Raw Materials and Various Molds on the Production of Koji
- Yi, Sang-Duk (Detection Lab. of Irradiated Food, Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute) ;
- Yang, Jae-Seung (Detection Lab. of Irradiated Food, Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute) ;
- Lee, Gyu-Hee (Department of Food Science and Technology, Chungnam National University) ;
- Park, Seong-Hyun (Department of Food Science and Technology, Chungnam National University) ;
- Oh, Man-Jin (Department of Food Science and Technology, Chungnam National University)
- Published : 2001.06.01
Alpha-amylase and glucoamylase activities were higher in koji with 40% water than that with 30 and 50% water, and A. oryzae exhibited very high alpha-amylase and glucoamylase activities compared to A. sojae and A. niger. Acidic, neutral and alkaline protease activities also showed higher activities in koji prepared with flour, Korean wheat powder and soybean powder with 40% water based on the weight of the sample. Alpha-amylase, acidic, neutral and alkaline protease activities of all the koji samples according to incubation periods increased until 3~4 days of incubation and maintained nearly the same level or slightly decreased after 5 days of incubation. The protease activities of A. oryzae and A. sojae showed nearly the same trend regardless of differences in substrate conditions and koji materials, but those of A. niger showed a lower activity than those of A. oryzae and A. sojae. These results suggest that the preparation of koji is possible with Korean wheat powder and soybean powder and A. sojae can be utilized as a new strain for fermented foods using soybean as the main materials to increase functional properties and produce products having a new taste and flavor.
- Soybean : chemistry, technology, and utilization Liu, K.
- Food Sci. Biotechnol. v.8 Determination of the degree of gelatinization of cooked rice and its effect on the enzyme activity of the Korean gokja grown with Aspergillus oryzae Lee, B.I.;Yoon, S.W.;Lee, C.H.
- J. Food Sci. v.64 Salt-free miso fermentation using ethanol, sugar, and polyois Chiou, R.Y.Y.
- Foods and Biotech. v.6 Microflora and physiochemical characteristics of nuruk and main mashed during fermentation of a traditional andong soju Hong, Y.;Kim, Y.B.;Park, S.O.;Choi, E.H.
- J. Microbiol. Biotech. v.7 Biomass production of saccharomyces cerevisiae KFCC 10823 and its use in preparation of doenjang Yoo, J.Y.;Kim, H.G.;Kwon, D.J.
- J. Korean Agric. Chem. Soc. v.32 Changes of enzymatic activities during the fermenation of soybean-soypaste by Aspergillus spp. Joo, H.K.;Kim, N.D.;Yoon, K.S.
- Foods and Biotech. v.8 Enzyme activities and inhibitory effect on angiotensin converting enzyme of monascus-Koji for the kochujang production Chung, S.H.;Shu, H.J.;Choi, Y.M.;Noh, D.O.;Bae, S.H.
- Korean J. Food Sci. Technol. v.10 Effect of meju shapes and strains on the quality of soy sauce Kim, S.S.
- Korean J. Food Sci. Technol. v.26 Composition of nitrogen compound and amino acid in soybean paste (doenjang) prepared with different microbial sources Park, J.S.;Lee, M.Y.;Kim, J.S.;Lee, T.S.
- J. Korean Soc. Food Nutr. v.15 Effect of meju shapes and strains on the chemical composition of soybean paste Seo, J.S.;Han, E.M.;Lee, T.S.
- J. Korean Agric. Chem. Soc. v.30 Comparison of free amino acids, sugars, and organic acids in soy bean paste prepared with various organisms An, H.S.;Bae, J.S.;Lee, T.S.
- Food Sci. Biotechnol. v.9 Enumeration of coliform bacteria in various fermented soybean products and comparison of enumeration methods using chungkookjang Choi, E.H.;Yang, H.J.
- Korean J. Food Sci. Technol. v.21 Changes in flavor of chungkookjang during fermentation Choi, S.H.;Ji, Y.A.
- J. Korean Agric. Chem. Soc. v.29 Changes in free sugars of kochujang during aging Chung, W.C.;Lee, T.S.;Nam, S.H.
- Korean J. Food Sci. Technol. v.25 Volatile flavor components of traditional and commerical kochujang Oh, H.L.;Kim, Y.S.
- Kor. J. Appl. Microbial. Biotechnol. v.24 Changes of microorganisms, enzyme activities and major components during the fermentation of Korean traditional doenjang and kochujang Lee, J.S.;Kwon, S.J.;Chung, S.W.;Choi, Y.J.;Yoo, J.Y.;Chung, D.H.
- J. Korean Agric. Chem. Soc. v.22 Studies on the brewing of kochujang (red pepper paste) by the addition of yeasts Lee, T.S.
- Korean J. Food Sci. Technol. v.25 Changes in microflora and enzyme activities of traditional kochujang during fermentation Kim, Y.S.;Kwon, D.J.;Koo, M.S.;Oh, H.L.;Kang, T.S.
- Korean J. Food Sci. Technol. v.26 Effect of storage tempcrature on the physicochemical characteristics in kochujang (red pepper soybean paste) Shin, D.B.;Park, W.M.;Yi, O.S.;Koo, M.S.;Chung, K.S.
- Korean J. Food Sci. Technol. v.26 Comparison of physicochemical characteristics traditional and commercial kochujang during fermentation Kim, Y.S.;Kwon, D.J.;Oh, H.L.;Kang, T.S.
- Korean J. Food Sci. Technol. v.26 Changes of physicochemical characteristics and development of new quality indices for industry-produced koji kochujang Kim, Y.S.;Cha, J.;Jung, S.W.;Park, E.J.;Kim, J.O.
- J. Food Sci. v.44 Phenolic antioxidants of dried soybeans Pratt, D.E.;Hammerschmidt, P.A.
- J. Nutr. v.125 The evidence for soybean products as cancer preventive agents Kennedy, A.R.
- J. Nutr. v.126 Dietary soybean protein prevents bones loss in an ovariectomized rat model of osteoporosis Arjmani, B.H.;Alkel, L.;Hollis, B.W.;Amin, D.;Stacewicz-Sapuntzakis, M.;Guo, P.;Kukreja, S.C.
- J. Korean Soc. Food Sci. Nutr. v.28 Effects of ozonc and light illumination on the enzymatic activity of malt Kim, H.J.;Lee, J.H.;Choi, S.H.;Kwon, P.K.;Oh, M.J.
- Korean J. Food Sci. Technol. v.26 Changes in physicochemical propcrties of industry-type kochujang during storage Jung, S.W.;Kim, Y.H.;Koo, M.S.;Shin, D.B.;Chung, K.S.;Kim, Y.S.
- Carbohydrate analysis : a practical approach Chaplin, M.F.;Kennedy, J.F.
- Buffers for pH and metal ion control Dempsey, B.
- J. Korean Agric. Chem. Soc. v.23 The brewing of kochuzang (red pepper paste) from different starch sources. Part proximate component and enzyme activity during koji preparation Lee, T.S.;Cho, H.O.;Kim, C.S.;Kim, J.G.
- J. Korean Soc. Food Natr. v.17 The contents of free amino acids nucleotides and their related compounds in soypaste made from native and improved meju and soypaste product Kim, M.J.;Rhee, H.S.