- Volume 17 Issue 2
Two new species of the genus Psammocinia (Dictyoceratida, Irciniidae), P. bergquisti n. sp. and P. gageoensis n. sp., are described from Gageodo Island (Sohuksando Island), Korea. P. bergquisti n. sp. is characterized by the thumb like appearance and secondary fibre which makes a broad plate or secondary web while other known species in Psammocinia has many narrow and simple secondary fibres. P. gageoensis n. sp. is very similar to P. mosulpia Sim 1998 in shape, but primary fibre of the new species has more complex fascicles and it is difficult to see the detritus in the fibre. The primary fibre of this new species is cored with the smaller sand than that of P. mosulpia.
- Mem. Queensl. Mus. v.38 no.1 Dictyoceratida, Dendroceratida and Verongida from the New Caledonia Lagoon (Porifera: Demospongiae). Bergquist, P. R.
- N. Z. J. Mar. Fresh. Res. v.30 New species of dictyoceratid sponges (Porifera: Demospongiae) from New Zealand Cook, S. de C. ;P. R. Bergquist
- N. Z. J. Mar. Fresh. Res. v.32 Revision of the genus Psammocinia (Porifera: Demospongiae: Dictyoceratida),with six new species from New Zealand. Cook, S. de C. ;P. R. Bergquist
- Occas. Publ. Allan Hancock Found. v.3 The orderKeratosa of the phylum Porifera. A monographic study. Laubenfels, M. W. de
- Descriptive catalogue of the sponges in the Australian Museum Lendenfeld, R. von
- Publ. Roy. Soc. v.2 A monograph of the horny sponges Lendenfeld, R. von
- Zool. v.2 Report on the Keratosa collected by H. M. S. Challenger during the years 1873-1876. Report on the scientific results of the exploring voyage of the H.M.S. Challenger during the years 1873-1876 Polejaeff, N. N.
- Korean J. Syst. Zool. v.14 no.1 Three new horny sponges of the genus Psammocinia (Dictyoceratida: Irciniidae) from Korea. Sim, C. J.
- Korean J. Syst. Zool. v.14 no.4 New species of two Psammocinia horny spongs (Dictyoceratida: Irciniidae) from Korea. Sim, C. J. ;K. J. Lee