- Volume 12 Issue 2
Linear viscoelastic behavior of acrylonitrile-butadiene-styrene(ABS) polymers in the melt: Interpretation of data with a linear viscoelastic model of matrix/core-shell modifier polymer blends
- Park, Joong-Hwan (Department of Fiber and Polymer Science, Seoul National University) ;
- Ryu, Jong-Hoon (Division of Chemical Engineering, The University of Suwon) ;
- Kim, Sang-Yong (Department of Fiber and Polymer Science, Seoul National University)
- Published : 2000.06.01
The linear viscoelastic behavior of acrylonitrile-butadiene-styrene (ABS) polymers with different rubber content has been investigated in the frame of a linear viscoelastic model, which takes into account the inter-connectivity of the dispersed rubber particles. The model developed in our previous work has been shown to properly predict the low frequency plateau for the storage modulus, which is generally observed in polymer blends containing core-shell-type impact modifiers. In the present study, further experiments have been carried out on ABS polymers with different rubber content to verify the validity of our linear viscoelastic model. It has been found that our model describes quite properly the rheological behavior of ABS polymers with different rubber content, especially at low frequencies. The experimental data confirm that our model describes the rheological properties of rubber-modified thermoplastic polymers with strong adhesion at the particle/matrix interface more accurately than the Palierne model.
- Polym J. v.14 Dynamic viscoelastic properties of ABS polymers in the molten state Ⅳ. Effect of rubber particle size Aoki, Y.;K. Nakayama
- Macromolecules v.20 Dynamic viscoelastic properties of ABS polymers in the molten state. 5. Effect of grafting degree Aoki, Y.
- J. Rheol v.37 Linear viscolelasticity in the melt of impact PMMA.Influence of concentration and aggregation of dispersed rubber particles Bousmina, M.;R. Muller
- plymer Handbook Brandrup, J.;E. H. Immergut(ed.)
- J. Plym. Sci. Part B: Polym Phys. v.38 A ;inear viscoelastic model of matrix/core-shell modifier polymer blends Choi, J.-H;J.-H. Ryu;S. Y. Kim
- Rubber Toughened Engineering Plastics Collyer, A. A.(ed.)
- Viscoelastic Properties of Polymers Ferry, J. D.
- Macromolecules v.26 Linear viscoelastic behavior of some incompatible polymer blends in the melt. Interpretation of data with a model of emulsion of viscoelastic liquids Graebling, D.;R. Muller;J. F. Palierne
- J. Appl. Polym. Sci. v.15 Measurement of rheological properties of polymer melts with slit rheometer.Ⅲ. Two-phase systems-high-impact polystryrene and ABS resin Han, C. D.
- Polymer v.31 Toughening of SAN copolymers by an SAN emulsion grafted rubber Kim, H.;H. Keskkula;D. R. Paul
- J. Appl. polym. Sci. v.19 flow properties of ABS (acrylonitrile-buta-diene-styrene) terpolymer Kubota, H.
- Pure Appl. Chem v.56 Viscoelastic properties of rubber-mod-ified polymeric materials at elevated temperatures Masuda, T.;A. Nakajima;M. Kitamura;Y. Aoki;N. Yamauchi;A. Yoshioka
- J. Polym. Sci. part B:Polym. Phys. v.36 Interface, morphology, and the theological properties of polymethylmethacrylate/impact modifier blends Memon, N. A.;R. Muller
- Multiconponent Polymer Systems Miles, I. S.;S. Rostami(ed.)
- Polym. Eng. Sci. v.21 Rheology of rubber-modified polymer melts Munstedt, H
- Rheol. Acta v.29 Linear rheology of viscoelastic emulsions with interfacial tension Paliernem J. F.
- polymer Interface and Adhesion Wu, S.
- rheol. Acta v.11 Viskoelastisches verhalten von ABS polymeren in der schmelze Zosel, A.