- Volume 9 Issue 6
A finite element formulation lot the simulation of axisymmetric sheet hydroforming is proposed, and an implicit program is coded. In order to describe normal anisotropy of steel sheet, Hill's non-quadratic yield function (Hill, 1979) is employed. Frictional contacts among sheet surface, rigid tool surface, and flexible hydrostatic pressure are considered using mesh normal vectors based on finite element of the sheet. Applied hydraulic pressure is also considered as a function of forming rate and time and treated as an external loading. The complete set of the governing relations comprising equilibrium and interfacial equations is approximately linearized for Newton-Raphson algorithm. In order to verify the validity of the developed finite element formulation, the axisymmetric bulge test is simulated. Simulation results are compared with other FEM results and experimental measurements and showed good agreements. In axisymmetric hydroforming processes of a disk cover, formability changes are observed according to the hydraulic pressure curve changes.
- Journal of Engineering for Industry, Transactions of the ASME v.107 Hydroforming Sheet Metal into Axisymmetrical Shells with Draw-in of Flange Permitted Shang, H. M.;Chau, F. S.;Tay, C. J.;Toh, S. L.
- 대한 기계학회논문집 v.12 no.3 강소성 유한요소법을 이용한 타원벌지시험의 이론 및 실험적 연구 정완진;양도열;한규택;백남주;김용진
- SAE 880365 Application of Hydraulic Counterpressure Fluid Forming into Car Body Sheet Metal Forming Amino, H.;Nakagawa, T.
- 대한기계학회논문집 v.16 no.5 유한요소법을 이용한 축대칭 하이드로 메카니칼 디프 드로잉 공정의 해석 양동열;김한경;이향수;김경웅
- Annals of the CIRP v.44 no.1 Investigation into Manufacturing of Very Long Cups by Hydromechanical Deep Drawing and Ironing with Controlled Radial Pressure Yang, D. Y.;Kim, J. B.;Lee, D. W.
- Annals of the CIRP v.43 Forming Limits in Hydromechanical Deep Drawing Bay, N.;Jensen, S. S.;Malberg, M. P.;Grauslund, S.
- SAE940753 Stamping and Hydroforming Process Simulations with 3D Finite Element Code Ni, C.
- International Journal of Pressure Vessels and Piping v.60 no.2 Research into the Dieless Hydroforming of Double Layer Spherical Vessels Zhang, S. H.;Wang, Z. R.
- 19th IDDRG Biennial Congress A Shapebility Testing of the Counter-Pressing Deep-Drawing Ziaja, G.
- Math. Proc. Cambridge. Phil. Soc. v.85 Theoretical Plasticity of Textures Aggregates Hill, R.
- Int. J. Mech. Sci. v.39 no.10 Three-dimensional Finite Element Method Simulations of Stamping Processes of Planar Anisotropic Sheet Metals Lee, S. Y.;Keum, Y. T.;Park, J. M.;Chung, K.;Barlat, F.