- Volume 10 Issue 6
Solid Substrate and Submerged Culture Fermentation of Sugar Cane Bagasse for the Production of cellulase and Reducing Sugars by a Local Isolate, Aspergillus terreus SUK-1
- Wan Mohtar, Yusoff (School of Bisciences and Biotechnology, Faculty of Science and Technology, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia) ;
- Massadeh, Muhannad Illayan (School of Bisciences and Biotechnology, Faculty of Science and Technology, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia) ;
- Kader, Jalil (School of Bisciences and Biotechnology, Faculty of Science and Technology, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia)
- Published : 2000.12.01
Several process parameters were studied to ascertain the effect on degradation of sugar cane bagasse in relation to the production of cellulase enzyme and reducing sugars by Solid Substrate Fermentation (SSF) and Submerged Culture Fermentation (SCF) of Aspergillus terreus SUK-1. The effect of air-flow rate (0-1.3 v/v/m), of different ratios of substrate weight to liquid volume (1:6, 1:10, 1:20, and 1:30 w/v, g/ml), scale-up effect (10, 20, and 100 times of 1:10 ration, w/v) and the effect of temperature (30, 40, 50, and
- Biotechnol. Bioeng. v.31 A new pilot reactor for SSF. Application to the protein enrichment of sugar beet pulp. Durand, A.;D. Chereau.
- Enzyme Microb. Technol v.17 Enhanced cellulase production by a mutant of Trichoderma reesei. Gadgill, N. J.;T. Daganiwala;P.Khanna
- Biotechnol. Bioeng. v.24 Effect of nutritional factors on cellulase enzyme and its evaluation Garg, S. K.;S. Neelakantan
- Sains Malaysiana v.21 Isolation of cellulolytic microorganisms from palm oil mill dffluent Kader, J.;M. Y. Zainal Abidin;O. Omar;W. Y. Wan Mohtar;F. Daud
- Biotechnol. Bioeng. v.26 Solid substrate fermentation of wheat straw to fungal protein Leukevics, J. J.;A. F. Viesturs
- Biotechnol. Bioeng. Symp. v.6 Measurement of saccharifying cellulase Mandels, M.;R. E. Andreotti;C. Roche
- J. Bacterial. v.73 Induction of cellulase in T. Viride as influenced by carbon sources and metals Mandels, M.;E. T. Reese
- Enzyme Microb. Technol. v.12 Solid substrate fermentation of coconut coir pith for cellulase production Muniswaran, P. K. A.;N. C. L. N. Charyulu
- J. Biol. Chem. v.153 A photometric adaptation for the somogyi metheod for the determination of glucose Nelson, N.
- Sains Malaysiana v.13 Studies on extra-cellular cellulases during the growth of Aspergillus terreus SUK-1 Omar, O.;J. Kader;Al-Arikah Raja-E Ali
- Eur. J. Appl. Microbiol. v.9 Culture method to study fungal growth in solid substrate fermentation Raimbault, M.;D. Alazard
- Biotechnol. Bioeng. v.25 Solid state fermentation for cellulase production by Pestalotiopsis versicolor. Rao, M. N. A.;B. M. Methal;R. N. Thakkur;K. S. M. Sastry
- Biotechnol. Bioeng. v.42 Effect of operating conditions on solid substrate fermentation Sargantanis, J.;M. N. Karim;V. G. Murphy;D. Ryoo;R. P. Tengerdy
- Principles of Biotechnology, 7th ed. Smith, E. L.;R. L. Hill;R. J. Lefkowitz;P. Handler;A. White
- J. Biol. Chem. v.194 Notes on sugar determination Somogyi, M.
- World J. Microbiol. v.10 Culture conditions for enhanced cellulase production by a native strain of Pennicillium purpurogenum Steiner, J.;C. Socha;J. Eyzguirre
- Biotechnol. Bioeng. Symp. v.6 Production of cellulase by Trichoderma Sternberg, D.
- Biotechnol. Bioeng. Symp v.6 Priliminary cost analysis for enzymatic hydrolysis of newsprint Wilke, C. R.;R. D. Yang;U. Stoeker
- Methods Enzymol. v.160 Methods of measuring cellulase activities Wood, T. M.;K. M. Bhat
- World. J. Microbiol. v.136 The cellulase complex of Neurospora crassa: Activity, stability and release Yazdi, M. T.;J. R. Woodward;A. Radford