- Volume 28 Issue 6
Selection and Antifungal Activity of Antagonistic Bacterium Pseudomonas sp. 2112 against Red-Pepper Rotting Phytophthora capsici
생물방제균 Pseduomonas fluorescens 2112의 선발과 고추역병균에 대한 항진균성 길항작용
- 이은탁 (영남대학교 자연자원대학 응용미생물학과) ;
- 김상달 (영남대학교 자연자원대학 응용미생물학과)
- Published : 2000.12.01
In order to select multifunctional powerful antagonistic biocontrol agent against red-pepper rotting fungi Phytophthora capsici, we isolated an indigenous antagonistic bacterium which produces antifungal substances and siderophores from a local soil of Kyongju, Korea. The isolated strain was identified as Pseudomonas fluorescens biotype F. The antibiotic produced from P. fluorescens 2112 inhibited hyphae growth and the zoospore germination of Phytophthora capsici. The favorable carbon, nitrogen source and salts for the production of antibiotic from P. fluorescens 2112 were glycerol, beef extract and LiCi at 1.0%, 0.5% and 5 mM, respectively. And antagonistic activity of P. fluorescens 2112 was confirmed against P. capsici in vivo.
Antagonistic bacterium;Pseduomonas fluorescens 2112;antifungal;siderophore;biocontrol
- J. Microbiol. Biotech. v.4 Antifungal mechaism and properties of antibiotic substances produced by Bacillus subtilis YB-70 as a biocontrol agent Kim, Y. S.;S. D. Kim
- Agri. Chem. Biotechnol. v.42 Urification and characterization of antifungal chitinas from indigenous antagonistic Microorganism Serratia sp. 3905 Lee E. T.;S. D. Kim
- Nature v.324 Plant chitinase are potent inhibitors of fungal growth Schlumbaum, A.;F. Mauch;U. Vogeli;T. Boker
- Bergey's Manual of Determinative Bacteriology. 9th Holt, J. G.;N. R. Krieg;P. H. A. Sneath;J. T. Staley;S. T. Williams.
- Agric. Biol. Chem. v.28 Pyrrolnitrin, a new antibiotic substance, produced by Pseudomonas Arima, K.;H. Imanaka;M. Kousaka;A. Fukuta;G. Tamura
- Am. J. Botany. v.9 Antibiotics as agents for the control of certain damping-off fungi Gregory, K. F.;O. N. Allen;A. J. Riker;W. H. Peterson.
- Nature. v.167 Uptake of antibotic metabolites of soil microorganisms by plant Brian, P. W.;J. M. Wright;J. Stubbs;A. M. Way.
- J. Antibiot. v.11 Blasticidin S, a new antibiotic Takeuchi, S.;K. Hirayama;K. Ueda;H. Sasaki;H. Yonehara
- Anal. Biochem. v.160 Universal chemical assay for the detection and determination of siderophores, Scgwyn, B.;J. B. Neilands
- J. Biol. Chem. v.118 Colorimetic determination of the components of 3,4 dihydroxyphenyalanine-tyrosine mixtures Arnow, L. E.
- Agri. Chem. Biotechnol. v.42 Isolation and antifungal activity of the chitinase producing bacterium Serratia sp.3905 as Antagonistic Bacterium against Fusarium sp. Lee E. T.;S. D. Kim
- Acta Chem. Scand. v.2 On the estimation of bound hydroxylamine Csaky, T.
- The report of reserch for the development of agricultural technology Biological control of phytopathogenic fungi by the genetic breeding of indigenous antagonistic microorganisms Lee, E. T.;S. D. Kim
- J. Phytopathol v.115 Antifungal effects of bacilysin and fengymycin from Bacillus subtilis F-29-3: a comparison with activaties of other Bacillus antibiotics Leoffler, W.;J.S.M. Tschen;N. Vanittanakom;M. Kugler;E. Knorpp;T.F. Heseh;T.G. Wu
- Phytopathol v.81 Lack of a role for fluorescent siderophore production in the biological control of Phythium damping-off of cucumber by a strain of Pseudomona putida Paulitz, T. C.,;J. E. Loper