- Volume 28 Issue 6
Prevalence of Salmonella Enterotoxin Gene(stn) among Clinical Strains Isolated in Korea and Regulation of stn Expression
한국에서 분리된 병원성 Salmonella 균주의 장독소 유전자(stn) 분포와 발현조절 기작
- 임상용 (서울대학교 농생명공학부 식품공학과) ;
- 유상렬 (서울대학교 농생명공학부 식품공학과)
- Published : 2000.12.01
Role of enterotoxin from Salmonella in pathogenesis is not know. Enterotoxin gene from Salmonella typhimurium(stn) encodes a 29kDa toxin that has no homology to any other known enterotoxins. Expression of stn is enthanced upon contact with epithelial cell but not all strains having the stn gene express Stn, Based on PCR analysis, we found that all 36 clinical strains of Salmonella isolated in Korea tested carried the stn gene. To understand the trgulation of the stn transcription, the expression of stn was studies in vitro. RNA polymerase was purified by polymin P fraction-ation, DNA-agarose affinity chromatography, and Mono-Q ion exchange chromatography from Salmonella. The expression of stn was inhibited by cAMP·CRP complex by about 50%.
Salmonella enterotoxin(stn);PNA polymerase purification;cAMP·CRP complex
- Microbial Gene Techniques. v.6 Techniques to isolate specialized templates for in virtro transcription assays. Methods in Molecula Genetics Garges, S.;H. Choy;S. Ryu
- Microb. Pathog. v.13 Experession and characterization of the cloned enterotoxin Prasad, R.;A. K. Chopra;P. Chary;J. W. Peterson
- FEMS Microbiol. Lett. v.134 Effect of cloned Salmonella typhimurium enterotoxin on rabbit intestinal motility Rccves-Darby, V. G.;J. A. Turner;R. Prasad;A. K. Chopra;P. Chary;M. H. Clench;J. W. Peterson,;J. R. Mathias.
- J. Med. Microbiol. v.22 The nature and role of mucosal damage in relation to Salmonella typhimurium-iuduced fluid secretion in the rabbit ileum Wallis, T. S.;W. G. Starkey;J. Stephan;S. J. Haddon;M. P. Osborne;D.C.A. Candy
- FEMS Mocrobiol. Lett. v.146 Detection and induction of Slamonella enterotoxin gene expression by contact with epithelial cells with RT-PCR Dinjus, U.;I. Hanel;W. Muller;R. Bauerfeind;R. Helmuth
- Microb. Pathog. v.9 Biological and immunological characterization of cloned cholera toxin-ilke enterotoxin from Salmonella typhimurium Prasad, R.;A. K. Chopra;J. W. Peterson;R. Pericas;C. W. Houston
- Microb. Patho. v.27 Role of Samonella entertotoxin in overall virulence of the organism Chopra, A. K.;J. H. Huang;K. Burden;M. W. Rosenbaum;J. W. Peterson
- Toxicon. v.23 Enterotoxin induced fluid accumulation during experimental salmonellosis and cholera: Involvement of prostaglandins synthesis by intestinal cells Duebbert, I. E.;J. W. Peterson
- Biochim. Biophys. Acta. v.1097 Studies on the mechanism of Salmonella typhimurium enterotoxin-induced diarrhoea Khurana, S.;N. K. Ganguly;M. Khullar;D. Panigrahi.
- Biochemistry. v.29 Use of Mono Q-resolution Ion-exchange chromatography to obtain highly pure and active Excherichia coil RNA polymerase Hager, D. A.;D. J. Jin;R. R. Burgess
- Crystal structure of a cholera toxin-related heat-labile enterotoxin from E. coli. Nature. v.351 Sixma, T. K.;S. K. Pronk;K. H. Kalk;E. S. Wartna;B. A. M. vav Zanten;B. Witholt;W. G. J. Hol
- Ann. Rev. Immunol v.14 Salmonellosis: host immune responses and bacterial virulence detcrminants. Jones, B. D.;S. Falkow
- Biochemistry. v.21 A procedure for the rapid, large seale purification of Escherichia coli DNA-dependent RNA polymerase involving polymin P precipitation and DNA-cellulose chromatography Burgess, R. R.;J. J. Jendrisak.
- Infect. Immun. v.65 Avirulence of LT2 strains of Salmonella typhimurium results from a defective rpoS gene Swords, W. E.;B. M. Cannon;W. H. Benjarmin
- Gene. v.144 Improved synthesis of Salmonella typhimurium enterotoxin using gene fusion expression systems. Chopra, A. K.;A. R. Brasier;M. Dax;X. J. Xu;J. W. Peterson.
- FEMS Microbiol. Lett. v.111 Location of the enterotoxin gene from Salmonella typhimurium and characterization of the gene products Chary, P.;R. Prasad;A. K. Chopra;J. W. Peterson
- Annu. Rev. Biochem. v.62 Transcriptional regualtion by cAMP and its receptor protein Kolb, A.;S. Busby;H. Buc;S. Garges;S. Adhya.
- Promoter switch in the Escherichia coli pts operon J. Biol. Chem. v.269 Ryu, S.;S. Garges
- Morbid. Mortal. Weekly Rep. v.45 Surveillance for Foodborne-Disease outbreaks-United States, 1988-1992 Bean, N. H.;J. S. Golding;C. Lao;F. J. Angulo
- Microbiol. Mol. Rev. v.61 Common theme in microbial pathogenicity revistited. Finlay, B. B.;S. Falkow
- FEMS Immunol. Med. Microbiol. v.12 Salmonella enterotoxin(stn) gene is prevalent among Salmonella enterica but not among Salmonella bongori and other Enterobacteriaceae Prager, R.;Fruth, A.;Tsch pe, H.
- Is a bacterial homolog of SWI2/SNF2. J. Biol. Chem. v.273 RapA, a novel RNA polymerase-associated protein Sukhodolets, M. V.;D. J. Jin
- Salmonella toxins. In Int. Encyclop. Pharmacol. and Threapeutics(section 119) Pharmacology of bacterial toxins Peterson, J. W.;F. Domer;(ed.);J. Drews(ed.)
- J. Bacteriol. v.175 Use of synthetic peptides and site-specific antibodies to localize a diphteria toxin sequence associated with ADP-ribosyltransferase activity Olson, J. C.
- Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA v.91 An arcane role of DNA in transcription activation. Ryu, S.;S. Garges;S. Adhya