- Volume 27 Issue 3
The present study was conducted to investigate the effects of dietary supplementions of 0.1% probiotic and 0.1% yeast culture on the growth performance and meat quality of broiler chicks. A total of 160 Arbor Acre broiler chicks were randomly allotted to 16 pens ; four pens per treatment and 10 birds per pen. Feeding trial lasted for 6 weeks. The results obtained are summerized as follows : The body weight gain and feed intake was slightly higher in group of broiler chick supplemented antibiotic than those of other treatment groups, but were not significantly different among treatments. The feed conversion were slightly lower in groups of broiler chick supplemented antibiotic and probiotic than those of other treatment groups, but were not significantly different among treatments. The pH of thigh musle was slightly higher in group of broiler chick supplemented probiotic than those of other treatment groups. Crude protein, crude fat and crude ash of thigh muscle were lower in groups of broiler chick supplemented probiltic and yeast culture than those of other treatment groups, but were not significantly different among treatments. The saturated fatty acid content of the thigh muscle was tende to be higher in group of broiler chick supplemented yeast culture, but the unsaturated fatty acid content was tende to be lower in group of broiler chick supplemented yeast culture than those of other treatment groups.
- Official methods of analysis(15th ed.) AOAC
- Proc. Symp. NAS Biological basis for the use of antibiotics in poultry feeds Bird, H.R.
- J. Biol. Chem. v.165 Use of sulfasuxidine, streptothricine and streptomycin in nutritional studies with the chick Moore, P.R.;Evenson, A.;Luckey, T.D.;McCoy, E.;Elvehjem, C.A.;Hart, E.B.
- Infectious disease Antimicrobial agents. Mechanisms and selected aspects Neu, H.C.
- Nutrient requirements of poultry(8th ed.) NRC
- User's Guide(Release 6.03ED) Statistics SAS
- Poultry Sci. v.52 Influence of implantation of Lactobcillus acidophilus in chicks on the growth, feed conversion, malabsorption of fats syndrome and intestinal flora Tortuero, F.
- Feedstuff v.20 Nutritional factors influence fat in poultry Whitehead, C.C.
- 한국축산학회지 v.24 각종 육류의 지질 및 지방산 조성에 관한 연구 김창한;김연희
- 한국가금학회지 v.15 활성효모(saccharomyces cerevisae)급여가 브로일러의 육성효과에 미치는 영향 김인호;김춘수
- 오메가 불포화지방산 비율이 흰쥐의 콜레스테롤 대사에 미치는 영향 박병성
- 한국영양사효학회지 v.18 Yeast culture의 첨가가 육계의 생산성과 장내 Yeast colony에 미치는 영향 박형룡;한인규;허기남
- 한국가금학회지 v.18 활성효모 및 효모배양물 첨가가 육계의 생산성에 미치는 영향 유종석;남궁환;백인기
- 한국가금학회지 v.18 정기환 활성제첨가가 육계의 생산성 및 장내 미생물 균총에 미치는 영향 신형태;김기원