- Volume 27 Issue 1
Effects of Supplemental Lactobacillus spp. on Performance and Cecum Microflora in Broiler
육계 생산성 및 맹장내 미생물에 대한 유산균의 첨가 효과
- 김상호 (축산기술연구소 대전지소) ;
- 박수영 (축산기술연구소 대전지소) ;
- 유동조 (축산기술연구소 대전지소) ;
- 나재천 (축산기술연구소 대전지소) ;
- 최철환 (축산기술연구소 대전지소) ;
- 박용윤 (축산기술연구소 대전지소) ;
- 이상진 (축산기술연구소 대전지소) ;
- 류경선 (전북대학교 동물자원과학과)
- Published : 2000.04.01
This study was carried out to examine the effects of Lactobacillus spp. on performance and cecal microflora in broiler chicks. Eight diets consisting of basal diet(C), C+Lactobacillus crispatus BC7 (T2), C+Lactobacillus reuteri BC9 (T3), C+L.reuteri BC5+L.crispatus BC9 (T4), C+L. reuteri BC5 (T1)+L.reuteri BC9 (T5), C+L.crispatus BC7+L.reuteri BC9 (T6) and C+L.reuteri BC5+L.crispatus BC7+L.reuteri BC9 (T7), were fed to Ross male broiler chicks for 5 weeks. The level of supplemented Lactobacillus spp. was 107 cfu/g diet. Body weight and feed intake were measured every week, and cecal microfla was counted at 1 and 5 weeks for Lactobacillus and yeast. Body weight increased signigicantly in supplemental Lactobacillus treatments from 2 weeks of age (p<0.05). Chicks in T2, T5 and T5 of treatments were heavier than those of other treatments at 5 weeks of age(p<0.05). Viability was not different significantly. Feed intake and feed conversion also were not different, although feed conversion improved slightly in supplemental Lactobacillus treatments. Lactobacillus spp. of cecal content was increased in supplemental Lactobacillus treatments at 1 week, but no significance was found. The number of yeast in cecum was not different from that of supplemental Lactobacillus. In conclusion, Lactobacillus, L.crispatus BC7 and L.reuteri BC9 from broiler cecum could contribute to the increase in body weight with supplemented mono-or mixing of di-lactobacilli. The results indicate that Lactobacillus feeding can benefit to intestinal lactobacillus at early growing broiler.
- Supplementing market broiler rations with Lactobacillus and live yeast cultures Burkett, R.F.;Thayer, R.H.;Morrison, R.D.
- Poultry Sci. v.57 Lactobacillus cultures in broiler diets Dilworth, B.C.;Day, E.J.
- Poultry Sci. v.57 Interrelationship of Lactobacillus and zinc bacteriocin in diets of turkey poults Francis, C.;Janky, D.M.;Arafa, A.S.;Harms, R.H.
- J. Appl. Bacteriol v.66 Probiotics in man and animals Fuller, R.
- Br. Poult. Sci. v.18 The importance of lactobacilli in maintaining normal microbial balance in crop Fuller, R.
- Biotechnology in the Feed Industry Importance of bile tolerance in lactobacilli used as dietary adjunct Gilliland, S.E.;Lyons, T.P.(ed.)
- Korean J. Anim. Sci. v.26 Studies on the growth promoting effects of probiotics. 1. The effect of Loctobacillus sporegenes on the growing performance and the changes in microbial flora of the feces and intestinal contents of the broiler chicks Han, I.K.;Lee, S.C.;Lee, K.K.;Lee, J.C.
- Nutr. Abst. Rev. Series v.B51 Effect of lactobacilli in the diet on the growth rate and the digestion of feed in chickens Isshiki, Y.;Tanaka, H.;Toda, H.;Nakahiro, Y.
- Asian-Australian J. Anim. Sci. v.9 Influence of dried Bacillus subtilus and Lactobacillus cultures on ntestinal microflora and performance in broilers Jin, L.Z.;Ho, Y.W.;Abdullah, N.;Ali, M.A.;Jalaudin, S.
- Anim. Feed Sci. Tchn. v.70 Effects of adherent Lactobacillus cultures on growth, weight of organs and intestinal microflora and volatile fatty acid in broilers Jin, L.Z.;Ho, Y.W.;Abdullah, N.;Ali, M.A.;Jalaudin, S.
- Indian J. Poultry Sci. v.27 Effect of probiotic and nitrofurin on performance of growing commercial pullets Kalbande, V.H.;Gaffar, M.A.;Deshmukh, S.V.
- Poultry Guide v.25 The role of Lactobacillus sporgenes (probiotic) as feed addivive Mohan-Kumar, O.R.;Christopher, K.J.
- Pig News Info. v.8 Probiotics: an alternative to antibiotics Lyons, T.P.
- Nutr. Abst. Rev. Series v.B62 Research on the efficiency of probiotics in diets for broiler chikens Maiolino, R.;Fioretti, A.;Menna, L.F.;Meo, C.
- Br. Poult. Sci. v.37 Effect of probiotic supplementation on growth, nitrogen utilization and serum cholesterol in broilers Mohan, B.;Kadirvel, R.;Natarajan, A.;Bhaskaran, M.
- Poultry Sci. v.52 Influence of implantation of Lactobacillus acidophilus in chicks on the growth, feed conversion, malabsorption of fats syndrome and intestinal flora Tortuero, F.
- Poultry Sci. v.61 In vivo effects of Lactobacillus acidophilus against pathogenic E. coli in gnotobiotic chicks Watkins, B.A.;Miller, B.F.;Neil, D.H.
- Poultry Sci. v.62 Effect of oral dosing of Lactobacillus strains on gut colonization and liver biotin in broiler chicks Watkins, B.A.;Kratcher, F.H.
- Poultry Sci. v.63 Drinking water treatment with commercial prepatation of a concentrated Lactobacillus culture for broiler chicken Watkins, B.A.;Kratcher, F.H.
- Poultry Sci. v.76 Effect of feeding diets containing an antibiotic, a probiotic, or Yucca extract on growth and intestinal urease activity in broiler chicks Yeo, J.;Kim, K.
- 육계소화기관내 유산균의 성장단계별 변화와 특성에 관한 연구 한국가금학회 Proceedings 김상호;류경선;박수영;유동조;이상진